Nintendo Switch thread for Nintendo Switch players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Questions for Switch gamers (2022)  

206 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Nintendo exclusive on switch (2022)?

• Splatoon 2/3
    • Xenoblade Chronicles 1/2/3
    • Mario Odyssey
    • Metroid Dread
    • Fire Emblem 3 Houses
    • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Animal Crossing: New Horizons
    • Pokemon Legends: Arceus
    • Luigi's Mansion 3
    • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
    • Mario Kart 8: Deluxe
    • Kirby Forgotten Land
    • Other
  2. 2. How many hours do you have in your most played game?

3. 3. What NSO feature would you like to see the most?

• Custom Themes/Wallpapers
    • GB/GBA emulator
    • Game Cube emulator
    • Wii/Wii U emulator
    • Extra eShop discounts
    • Monthly free eShop games
    • More N64/SNES/NES/Genesis games

35 minutes ago, Fat Chocobo said:

What’s the battery life and does plugging it into the stand make it recharge?

Battery life depends on the game. Games like BoTW, Mario Odyssey, etc. Can last 2-3 hours, but if the games are not graphics intensive, it can probably go 5-6. Haven't really tested that second part though!

1 hour ago, Fat Chocobo said:

What’s the battery life and does plugging it into the stand make it recharge?

If you mean the dock, yes that charges the Switch. It will charge off a USB-C cable although some people have bricked their consoles that way. I've been doing it since day 1 with a few USB-C cables with no issues. Officially though, it's recommended to only use the dock cable (which will connect to the Switch directly if you unplug it from the dock).

• Like 1

Anyone jumping on the hype train for SMM2? Direct looked awesome yesterday. I only wanted a story mode and multiplayer vs mode and got both. I'm super pumped for the game now. 

Also saw that they'll be having $100 vouchers for 2 Nintendo games. It'll work on new releases so I think I'm going to jump on 2 $10 discounts on brand new titles. That's hard to pass up!

31 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Anyone jumping on the hype train for SMM2? Direct looked awesome yesterday. I only wanted a story mode and multiplayer vs mode and got both. I'm super pumped for the game now. 

Also saw that they'll be having $100 vouchers for 2 Nintendo games. It'll work on new releases so I think I'm going to jump on 2 $10 discounts on brand new titles. That's hard to pass up!

SMM2 wasn't really on my radar before, but that was a great Direct. New features that improve the game in almost every way? Check. More modes? Check. Short and to the point? Check. Great presentation. I'm not even a creative "designer" type of person, but I know the game will still give me a lot of value in the story mode and player-created levels.

The vouchers are cool, but they're only around for about 2 months I think. I think I'll get a pair for SMM2 and another game I haven't chosen yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

SMM2 wasn't really on my radar before, but that was a great Direct. New features that improve the game in almost every way? Check. More modes? Check. Short and to the point? Check. Great presentation. I'm not even a creative "designer" type of person, but I know the game will still give me a lot of value in the story mode and player-created levels.

The vouchers are cool, but they're only around for about 2 months I think. I think I'll get a pair for SMM2 and another game I haven't chosen yet.

I was planning on getting both SMM2 and Fire Emblem day 1 so I'm pumped. Just gotta wait for FE to be ready for pre-order!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my first Switch games today. Yea, don't own one yet, but there was a sale for the holiday weekend and seeing how most big Switch titles don't go on sale very often, I felt I had to take advantage. Got Kirby Star Allies and Octopath Traveler. Was thinking about getting the latter on Steam, but has Denuvo...fuck that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is anybody playing Yoshi's Crafted World? Having completed Crash Bandicoot and its sequel in the past few weeks, I expected little resistance, but the first world already had several challenges: I'm still unable to find a whopping four red coins in the first Poochy level and the amount of retries until I beat the score on the gimmicky level after that (don't want to spoil it) was astonishing. Now I'm a little worried about the upcoming worlds :D

16 hours ago, RachelCharlotte said:

Is anybody playing Yoshi's Crafted World? Having completed Crash Bandicoot and its sequel in the past few weeks, I expected little resistance, but the first world already had several challenges: I'm still unable to find a whopping four red coins in the first Poochy level and the amount of retries until I beat the score on the gimmicky level after that (don't want to spoil it) was astonishing. Now I'm a little worried about the upcoming worlds :D

Yeah, it's a fun game and finding all the collectibles can be tricky. I need to get back to it. Too many good games on Switch.

The Bowser cameo at the beginning of the Direct was hilarious. xD Happy Dragon Quest XI has a release date for Switch. I still plan on making the PS4 version my 50th, but definitely getting it, especially since they showed some more extras today. Other things that made me happy besides Dragon Quest XI:

Dragon Quest heroes and Banjo-Kazooie coming to Smash

Link's Awakening (hinted the murderous shopkeeper is still there :yay:

Trials of Mana

Collection of Mana

Cadence of Hyrule

Animal Crossing

Breath of the Wild sequel

This fall is gonna be BRUTAL on my wallet since I'm getting the Switch and several PS4 releases.

• Like 1

Animal Crossing: New Horizons looked great! I'm actually happy they are delaying it to next year, even though I would have liked to get an Animal Crossing limited edition console this year. 

Other interesting titles shown too. Astral Chain looked cool, Link's Awakening remake was cute, Pokémon and Fire Emblem are must buys and Cadence of Hyrule is coming out in two days!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Finaly Banjo is coming to Smash. I was waiting for him since Melee.

I almost screamed like a little girl when I heard this at work. Finally indeed!

It looks like you'll be able to make custom dungeons in Link's Awakening. Looks like they're taking a page out of SMM. It really is an ingenious idea. Essentially, endless content without having the devs lift another finger.

I'll have to check out the Pokemon news later and all the other goodies. What a great time to own a switch!

A lot of Zelda in this one; not my thing but I'm happy for the people who liked it. Banjo isn't my thing either, but I cracked a big smile when he appeared - really pleased for everyone who was clamouring for the bird and the bear. Loved the way how they lampshaded the K.Rool reveal, except with him playing a supporting role this time.

Pokémon looks like garbage, but then James Turner is the art director so I can't say I'm surprised. Animal Crossing looked like more of the same from New Leaf, which is excellent, but I'm not sure I like the idea of an island and tropical theme.

Was hoping for a new, cheaper model since I don't own a Switch, so that not happening is my biggest disappointment, but I still think this was one of the best E3 presentations in a while. Clear winner for this year.

Just now, Golem25 said:

Was hoping for a new, cheaper model since I don't own a Switch, so that not happening is my biggest disappointment, but I still think this was one of the best E3 presentations in a while. Clear winner for this year.

Maybe they'll announce one later. They wanted it to be all about the games. :) 

Just now, MidnightDragon said:

Maybe they'll announce one later. They wanted it to be all about the games. :) 

Would be ideal; all I'd play would be Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and Pokémon despite actively disliking the direction of the new games but still playing them because I seem to be a huge masochist.

I did read a lot of people are upset about animal crossing and Luigi's Mansion not coming out this year, but if you look at the lineup for 2019, it's stacked. SMM2, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, and Pokemon Sword are all day 1 purchases for me.

I'm also very interested in getting Daemon X Machina, Link's Awakening, and Astral Chain. Probably not day 1, but in the near future for sure (Good reviews could make me go pick it up that weekend)!

None of that even includes the 3rd party support coming. If you can't find switch games to keep you entertained by 2020, then I don't know what to tell you. :P

The E3 has gotten me pretty pumped, I'm honestly pretty interested in Astral Chains I hope they give us a demo for this one eventually it looks like a really cool idea but I want to get my hands on it before I put the money down for it.

Going to have to disappear into Fire Emblem for a while though, that game should be really good. I feel between all the system I won't have the money for everything I actually want to try and play.

Well looks like Nintendo has my Wallet between 2019-2020.
Which is fine since Sony had for the last few years.
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2
Pokemon Sword & Shield
Panzer Dragoon
Daemon X Machina
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Astral Chain
No More Heroes III
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Oninaki
Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Animal Crossing
Trials of Mana
Spyro Reignited Trilogy
Alien Isolation
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Super Lucky's Tale
Super Mario Maker 2

Was hoping to see Amaterasu for DLC in Smash Ultimate, but maybe Smash 6 and hoping Krystal is in the next Smash Bros as well.

• Like 1