Grand Trophy Hunting Olympics: Featuring the Elite of PSNP!

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

I don't see why there's so much hate for this competition, because that's exactly what it is, a competition. It's not a showcase for who has the most impressive trophy collection. It's a competition for the trophy hunters who have won countless leagues and have done anything possible to get a leg up on their competition. That's what (In my honest opinion) makes not only a great trophy hunter but a great leader for their team. If you don't like the idea you don't have to participate but don't come here and bash all of the work that Jem, Andrea and the other trophy elites have put in to make this a great event. 

Well said Kent, for everyone that doesn't like how this competion is going to run or the rules/requirements then you have no place in this thread. Simple as that :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

Not necessarily. If that were the case, this list would be much larger. I made the list of requirements very specific to only allow certain people to enter. For example, you don't even have enough platinums to be an Elite at the moment.

Fair enough then. 

Just now, Couch said:

Getting some heat for this....I kinda expected that to happen lol

So is Andrea using her new account then? I totally didn't see that coming and that completely changes my thoughts on how this will go. 

I expected some too. Expected hate is still upsetting hate though.

Yes, Andrea is using her new account. I think she's abandoning her old account for good. I'll have to pressure her into using up a bunch of games for Season Five of the Team League to make it harder for her to win. ;)

Sounds fun but unfortunately I haven't participated in any leagues and  I'll be in the Platinum Pyramid Season 2. Need to participate in a few leagues before I can be a part of this. Good luck to everyone though, especially Kochiya - even though I raced here yesteryear and got more platinums than her, I didn't get a single ultra rare and she got seven. She definitely is a threat. ^_^

3 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

Sounds fun but unfortunately I haven't participated in any leagues and  I'll be in the Platinum Pyramid Season 2. Need to participate in a few leagues before I can be a part of this. Good luck to everyone though, especially Kochiya - even though I raced here yesteryear and got more platinums than her, I didn't get a single ultra rare and she got seven. She definitely is a threat. ^_^

You don't have to be in any leagues to participate. Only the PSNP elite, who have already been chosen, have to have won a league. To my knowledge anyone can participate. 

Edited by Kent10201

1 hour ago, Danny_Johansen said:

I'd like to participate, bench me please.

You've been added!

2 minutes ago, NebbyLunala said:

There's no requirement that teammates have to be past participants in trophy leagues. Platinum Pyramid Season 2 is over two months before the start of this, and you may be ready to go by then. That being said, someone will need to actually invite you to their team before you really have to consider whether you'll be ready.

10 hours ago, EpicNogg4 said:

Looks interesting Jem, not sure how the draft will work either. Do we say who we want to play for and then that Elite will choose whether or not they would like to recruit us. Well either way I'm hoping Gibbo will recruit me :)

4 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

If someone wants to choose me to be on their team they are welcome to!

I'm just going to slip you two onto the bench.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jem12345 said:

There's no requirement that teammates have to be past participants in trophy leagues. Platinum Pyramid Season 2 is over two months before the start of this, and you may be ready to go by then. That being said, someone will need to actually invite you to their team before you really have to consider whether you'll be ready.

Well, not sure if anyone is willing to invite me on their team, but nice to know that I won't have any obligations before the start of this. If anyone wants to draft me, that's perfectly fine, but I won't have a lot of games for a while.

4 hours ago, jem12345 said:

*snip

What exactly did I say to bash anybody? You kids are way too sensitive these days.

I barely have enough time to game as it is. That's why I never join any of the site's trophy races, or whatever you want to call them. Also, I'm picky with what I play. I'm not willing to throw in filler and garbage on my profile for a competition. Thanks for the thought though. Have fun with this competition. Im sure Zajac will win like he usually does.

Edited by Phil
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Lucas said:

How is it rude? This event looks like it's for trophy hunting ''elite'', not for people with ''good profiles''. All people in the OP have won or have been close to winning several trophy hunting leagues/competitions on these forums and can be considered to be very good trophy hunters. Having a ''good profile'' has nothing to do with that. If I'd start a new profile today and keep grinding and practising games like Gran Turismo 5 and Persona 4 Arena, I'd eventually get both platinums, no doubt about that. I could add some easier games to that profile and not start a new game before finishing the other. After a while I'd have a profile with +/- 30 games, 2 super rare platinum trophies and a completion percentage of 100%. Do I have a ''good profile'' by then? Yes, I'd have a lovely profile! Would that mean I'm a good trophy hunter then? No, it wouldn't. Being a good trophy hunter doesn't only mean you have to be able to 100% every game you play, it also means that you are able to compete with and beat other trophy hunters with a strategy that works for you. Grinding out games like Gran Turismo 5 during such contests means you'll definitely lose that contest so just having a ''good profile'' doesn't mean you're also a good trophy hunter.

By the way, @jem12345, bench me please :) !

It's rude, calling her the best around pretty much, as you can only and believe that by ignoring the people who are genuinely good. 

My profile is much better than her old account and it has 20 plats. 

I'd consider my account to be total shit btw, so you can imagine how unimpressed I am with hers. 

So to be called "the beast" ect. It's just not true, her account isn't close to being remotely good. I'm not trying to shit talk her here, more just the guys who're hyping her up because she's a chick. 

It's so fucking obvious lmao. Zajac has by the far the best profile here, it's not even close to a contest. Yet for some reason, Andrea holds her own against him? 
No chance. 60 urs lmao... 100 plats 60 urs lmfao. 

The trophy hunting leagues mean nothing, if you actually think that winning a league barely any participates in is a sign that you're "elite" you have issues. 

Hardly any of the "elites" have any thing close to something that represents an "elite" profile. 

Reimi, Zajac and Toxi all have great accounts, sothey make sense being among the psnp elite, I get. Prinny too, sure. 
Jems and Andrea? Elite? What? 

FYI, I'd consider an elite to have 800+ UR trophies and at least 50+ trophies under 1% normally. Most of the people who fit that description however, don't use psnp much, so I'd lower my standards for the forums. 

6 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

I don't see why there's so much hate for this competition, because that's exactly what it is, a competition. It's not a showcase for who has the most impressive trophy collection. It's a competition for the trophy hunters who have won countless leagues and have done anything possible to get a leg up on their competition. That's what (In my honest opinion) makes not only a great trophy hunter but a great leader for their team. If you don't like the idea you don't have to participate but don't come here and bash all of the work that Jem, Andrea and the other trophy elites have put in to make this a great event. 

So you just wanna pretend that it took a lot to win those leagues? and didn't take, just spamming easy plats in a short period of time to win?

Can't wait to see Andrea re-do easy plats she's already done, to win this competition. 

I'd be in favour of this league for sure if 1: Jems didn't use such grandiose langue when introducing us to himself and the other hunters. Also "elite" is just cringeworthy. 

2: Part of winning the comp involved getting 3 platinums under 1% and 100 UR trophies. 

An elite challenge for "elite" hunters... but no, we're just gonna have easy plats being spammed by hunters who've only ever done easy plats. 

Can't wait. 

I thought it was meant to be an olympic style event for elites... doesn't sound very elite like to me, 

Edited by AlphaTrash
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

It's rude, calling her the best around pretty much, as you can only and believe that by ignoring the people who are genuinely good. 

I'd consider my account to be total shit btw, so you can imagine how unimpressed I am with hers. 

So to be called "the beast" ect. It's just not true, her account isn't close to being remotely good. I'm not trying to shit talk her here, more just the guys who're hyping her up because she's a chick. 

It's so fucking obvious lmao. Zajac has by the far the best profile here, it's not even close to a contest. Yet for some reason, Andrea holds her own against him? 

The trophy hunting leagues mean nothing, if you actually think that winning a league barely any participates in is a sign that you're "elite" you have issues. 

Hardly any of the "elites" have any thing close to something that represents an "elite" profile. 

FYI, I'd consider an elite to have 800+ UR trophies and at least and 50+ trophies under 0%. 

You obviously didn't read my entire post either. If you feel that's not necessary, then at least read this post to finally get an understanding of it:

6 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

@AlphaTrash You have a pretty ''good profile'', the Injustic platinum I see? Congrats! But are you a good trophy hunter as well? I don't think so. You have some massive time gaps between your trophies and would most definitely not win a competition on these forums if you used that playstyle. Does that mean you're a bad player? No, of course not, you got some impressive platinums. It does mean, however, that you would not be able to compete with these people in a trophy competition because they would outsmart you with their strategy.

Now, let's stop with all the complaining and hating like @jem12345 asked and let's either leave the thread if you don't like the idea or just have fun with this competition :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

FYI, I'd consider an elite to have 800+ UR trophies and at least and 50+ trophies under 0%. 

We're not hyping her up because she's a girl (absolute bullshit by the way) we're hyping her up because she's proven that she can destroy people in trophy hunting leagues. Her profile may not be the best, but that's exactly why she restarted. She was tired only playing shitty games to win and wanted to show that she could still win without the use of them. And guess what, she did. Not only that, but compared to your profile hers looks godlike. No one said she was the best and no one said people couldn't beat her. There's no reason to go into every league she's apart of and bash her. PSNP is meant to be a positive place and it seems that everywhere I turn you just come to destroy the positivity. So please, for everyone's sake, stop it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You obviously didn't read my entire post either. If you feel that's not necessary, then at least read this post to finally get an understanding of it:

@AlphaTrash You have a pretty ''good profile'', the Injustic platinum I see? Congrats! But are you a good trophy hunter as well? I don't think so. You have some massive time gaps between your trophies and would most definitely not win a competition on these forums if you used that playstyle. Does that mean you're a bad player? No, of course not, you got some impressive platinums. It does mean, however, that you would not be able to compete with these people in a trophy competition because they would outsmart you with their strategy.

Now, let's stop with all the complaining and hating like @jem12345 asked and let's either leave the thread if you don't like the idea or just have fun with this competition :)

Big gaps due to not playing... 

When I did play however, I made good shit happen. 

I'd destroy most of the people here in a platinum race and I'll be doing my first comp, march 1st, going against Andrea actually. 

I guess once I destroy that comp in record time, I'll finally have bad hunters with no urs call me an elite. Can't wait. 

It's a joke. I won't be an elite and my account will still be shit. Any account that doesn't have 300 urs is shit imo. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

I want to join as well. Bench me please.

2 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Well, not sure if anyone is willing to invite me on their team, but nice to know that I won't have any obligations before the start of this. If anyone wants to draft me, that's perfectly fine, but I won't have a lot of games for a while.

You've been added!

1 hour ago, Phil said:

What exactly did I say to bash anybody? You kids are way too sensitive these days.

I barely have enough time to game as it is. That's why I never join any of the site's trophy races, or whatever you want to call them. Also, I'm picky with what I play. I'm not willing to throw in filler and garbage on my profile for a competition. Thanks for the thought though. Have fun with this competition. Im sure Zajac will win like he usually does.

I'm sorry if I sounded offended. Trust me, I'm not. Everyone has their own opinions. I just don't want anyone else to be called out as not being good enough to be in this event when they meet all of the requirements. It's okay that this event isn't your thing, but feel free to watch on the sidelines and have fun following the event. :)

33 minutes ago, AlphaTrash said:

So you just wanna pretend that it took a lot to win those leagues? and didn't take, just spamming easy plats in a short period of time to win?

Can't wait to see Andrea re-do easy plats she's already done, to win this competition. 

I'd be in favour of this league for sure if 1: Jems didn't use such grandiose langue when introducing us to himself and the other hunters. Also "elite" is just cringeworthy. 

2: Part of winning the comp involved getting 3 platinums under 1% and 100 UR trophies. 

An elite challenge for "elite" hunters... but no, we're just gonna have easy plats being spammed by hunters who've only ever done easy plats. 

Can't wait. 

I thought it was meant to be an olympic style event for elites... doesn't sound very elite like to me, 

You're right. This event is highly subjective. Everyone's view of elite is different. Your idea of an Elite seems more suited for the Rarity League (I plan on reviving that later this year and hope to see you there :)). This is an all-around event, ranging from high quality and quantity. Of course, some of these accounts are way better than others. No where does it say that everyone is at an equal skill level. All 14 Elite meet the minimum requirements to compete, and many of them have established some long-running rivalries among each other through the trophy leagues and plat races they competed in together. Again, this is supposed to be a friendly competition. You can root for particular Elite, but there's no need to bring others down.

I'm sorry if you're not a fan of my introductions. I admit I'm not the best at making stuff like that, and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. 

Edited by jem12345
  • Like 2