Kill Your Completion v3. 0

2 hours ago, Hemiak said:

You see? YOU SEE!?!? This is why we can't have nice things Billy. 3 changes to your list on the final day??? I'm just going to update your list on Friday. 

New rule: No changes once you post your list for anyone named Billy. Boom. :P 

I'd like to post my stats, but at the same time, I don't know if I won't earn another trophy in Bleach tonight.. Eh, I'll just edit it in that scenario. 

Games played: 356

Completed Games: 270

Unearned Trophies: 1,456

Completion: 87.91%

Considering I started the last event at 87.63%, I recovered pretty well. 

Edited by DamagingRob
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyHorrible said:

L612ca0.png

... Well, things are off to an awful fucking start.

Your experience sounds similar to how I felt playing echochrome during the first KYC event. The gameplay is different but they are both weird puzzle games with minimalist art design. Yeah screw that, I'm not touching TorqueL with a ten foot pole. I hated echochrome with a burning passion and it is the only game I regret even loading onto my console. I cringe whenever I see it on my profile. There was not a single second of joy or fun to be had with that game. This sounds similar so I'll avoid it like the plague. I hated physics classes in high school and college anyways. :angry:

I'm honestly surprised you didn't love it though. Seems like the typical weird shit you like and right up your alley. Figured you'd give it a :platinum: ranking. :P

• Like 3

List finalized as previously stated, no changes.

Current stats...

Games played 158

Games completed 111

Trophies 3863

Unearned. 973

Completion 80.92%

Start TorqueL tomorrow and see if it drives me as crazy as Billy, though his baseline madness seems to have been slightly higher at the start of this event...

I'll repost my final list to make it easier to find.

On February 25, 2017 at 8:10 AM, Kevvik said:

1.  TorqueL

2.  Rise of the Tomb Raider

3.  Anna: Extended Edition

4.  White Night

5.  Risen 3

6.  Severed

7.  Tales of the Borderlands

8.  Demon Gaze

9.  The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

10.  Okami HD

26 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

Your experience sounds similar to how I felt playing echochrome during the first KYC event. The gameplay is different but they are both weird puzzle games with minimalist art design. Yeah screw that, I'm not touching TorqueL with a ten foot pole. I hated echochrome with a burning passion and it is the only game I regret even loading onto my console. I cringe whenever I see it on my profile. There was not a single second of joy or fun to be had with that game. This sounds similar so I'll avoid it like the plague. I hated physics classes in high school and college anyways. :angry:

This is is why we have all kinds of different games. I really enjoyed echochrome and am always keeping an eye out for 2 to go on sale. We'll see how TorqueL goes.

Edited by Kevvik
Cleanup
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

This is is why we have all kinds of different games. I really enjoyed echochrome and am always keeping an eye out for 2 to go on sale. We'll see how TorqueL goes.

Glad you enjoyed it. People having different opinions and tastes are what makes discussing games fun. Events and sites like this would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things. I actually think that I'm in the minority when it comes to echochrome. From what I remember it seemed to get a lot of praise and most people seemed to like it. I'll give it credit for the puzzles being clever and unique but the game just isn't for me I guess. Maybe I'll go back and try finishing it one day, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Ok, final OP update hopefully. Everybody should be updated with the latest info. If something is wrong (yeah right) or you want something added or changed just post the details, along with a small financial fee and I'll get it changed in 4-6 business days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Game #1: TorqueL (on PS4)

First day
Total playtime: about forty-five minutes

L612ca0.png

... Well, things are off to an awful fucking start.

Honestly. I already hate this game. The game was actually on my wish list before appearing on PS+, I saw the trailer and it looked like a fun puzzle platformer. Well, neither the words "puzzle" nor "fun" can be used to describe this game.

You're a person in a square. Each side has a color corresponding to one of your :cross::square::triangle::circle: buttons, and pushing that button makes a rectangle appear from said side, which allows for all kinds of movement. Next to that, you can also just roll. One would expect the game to build upon these mechanics with puzzles, like the trailer also insinuates... Sadly, the game quickly devolves into a game of "pray it works this time". These controls do not allow for precision movement, while the game asks for exactly that.

I hate this game so much that I might actually give up and obtain no trophies in it. Seriously. It should be a short game, a single route should be completable in less than ten minutes after some practice, yet I've been struggling for forty-five minutes and I'm barely past halfway there. The first levels are okay but they quickly get overly difficult, and fast. Seeing as all but one trophy are about completing a route, and that last trophy requires my PlayStation to idle for ten hours, I'm seriously considering just giving up and deleting the game forever. I'll try to get through more of the game tomorrow but frankly, I just don't see it happening.

Fixed it for you. Puzzle/Platformer is one of my usual genres, and I don't like this one bit. Part of the explanation is that puzzles have nothing to do with it.

Could you at least give us a story update about TorqueL? And please, no spoilers! :D

8 hours ago, Pickle2907 said:

Bit late...sorry, total rethink of my list after seeing what everyone else was playing and recognising a lot of them as being in my library unplayed.

Games and order as follows...

1. Shadows Of Mordor
  2. The Swindle
  3. Deadly Tower of Monsters
  4. Stories: Path of Destinies
  5. Assassin's Creed: Black Flag
  6. Transformers: Devastation
  7. Invisible, Inc.
  8. Life is Srange
  9. This War of Mine: Little Ones
  10. Just Cause 3

Yay! We get to travel into Middle Earth together tomorrow! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

New rule: No changes once you post your list for anyone named Billy. Boom. :P

But I only keep changing my list because you lot keep wanting to play with me :(

5 hours ago, xFalionx said:

You're posting your first update already? You seem pretty upset. :lol:

What tipped you off?

I'll wait for my update until the actual evening of the 1st but I'll just let you know beforehand that I had a pretty pleasant time in the ~30 minutes I played of this up to now.

While it's really not at all about puzzling, it's more of a normal platformer with gimmicky controls, which are used really well. Actually, there are some chambers that are puzzle-like because you have to use the environment in tricky ways to be able to beat them. Trying random stuff won't get you far in those.

Well I already did forty-five minutes in the game so I'm probably going to use the rest of day one to get farther into Witcher III. I might post another day one update but then it's just going to be a "First day - continued" type of thing. Really wanted to post an update right after I was done with it.

Yes the controls are gimmicky and that was what made me interested in the game but I don't think it's executed very well.

Honestly, I have 2 complaints about the game for now. One of those are controls but I don't think they'd work well in any other way, so I'll let that slide. The main problem with those is that you're basically required to use multiple fingers to be able to extend the sides of your cube individually and quickly, which is required at parts. This will probably strain my fingers quite a bit, especially over longer playsessions. 

My main gripe with the game, however, is the awfully long respawn time. My favorite platformer of all time is Super Meat Boy. I don't think I've died more times in a game than in SMB but I've never felt frustrated about dying because death is meaningless in that game. You die, you lose a few seconds of progress and can instantly respawn. Now, in this game I feel like I take longer to respawn than I actually stay alive, and I die pretty frequently especially in the harder chambers. If they reduced that respawn time to exactly 0, this game would feel a lot better already.

The controls are the main point of the game though. I find it hard to like a game in which the main gimmick is executed so badly, in my eyes it had and has nothing else going for it.

P.S. I loved Super Meat Boy, will play it some day on the PS4 as well. It had great controls though, Torquel is like BADLAND - hard because of the bad controls. I don't mind games being hard if it's well executed, I do mind games being hard because of bad programming. Stupid controls, bad level design, the likes.

I'm in chamber 39 right now, and despite getting stuck a few times because some levels felt harder to me than others, I'm still having fun and I will easily continue this tomorrow after a night of sleep. I'm pretty sure this is gonna be a title that I'll come back to to 100% but I'll see about that when I'm actually done with a few routes.

Good luck... personally I think I won't even finish one full route. It'll be a rare first where I don't even obtain a single trophy in a game, even with Yakuza 4, I still made sure to check the hour or so of "what happened before" videos for a trophy.

4 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Seems like you chose poorly, Billy. Oh well, better luck next time. I am SO glad I didn't touch this game even though it was free on PS+.

he-chose-poorly.jpg

Truth be told this was one of the games I was more excited about when it got on PS+. Can't have everything I guess. I'm glad I try most PS+ stuff, there's a lot in there that has greatly entertained me as well.

3 hours ago, MStalker58 said:

I'm honestly surprised you didn't love it though. Seems like the typical weird shit you like and right up your alley. Figured you'd give it a :platinum: ranking. :P

I thought you forgot about me really liking Echochrome, until I got to your last line :)

It's still hard for me to hear you hate on Echochrome, though yeah the experience for you seems to have been similar to TorqueL for me. Without a doubt the worst game I've played in a KYC event yet.

3 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Start TorqueL tomorrow and see if it drives me as crazy as Billy, though his baseline madness seems to have been slightly higher at the start of this event...

Yes, thank you, about two fifty, why do you ask?

Seriously though, I can't imagine why my baseline madness would be higher than usual... oh right.

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Agreed, and I hope you'll enjoy it like Falion does, making me the odd one out.

25 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Could you at least give us a story update about TorqueL? And please, no spoilers! :D

You're a man in a square, and eventually you're a man and a girl in a square, and fuck this.

25 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

Have fun, I greatly enjoyed the game when it came out. You're both playing the real version on PS4, right?

• Like 1

Yeah, playing the PS4 version....just about waking up now......I hate being an adult....got all the "get kids sorted", "take the rubbish out","plan evening meal and do food shopping", "yadda, yadda, yadda" crap to do before I can sit down and play properly, lol. And kids of today think they have it hard!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Ok, final OP update hopefully. Everybody should be updated with the latest info. If something is wrong (yeah right) or you want something added or changed just post the details, along with a small financial fee and I'll get it changed in 4-6 business days.

Do you accept IOUs?If so I would like to get my starting completion rate added: 70.53%.

It was hard work to get back to this and now I'm ruining it again. :shakefist:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wtru9 said:

Game: Need for Speed Rivals

Playtime: 1hour

And we're go, go, go! Although, not exactly to the most exciting start, NFS Rivals has been pretty much what I expected from an NFS game so far, which is ok for the most part, however it doesn't really feel like they even attempted to innovate. So far it feels very much like NFS Hot Pursuit (which was admittedly my favourite NFS game from last gen), but they've made it open world, and that's about all... it all feels safe and calculated to be as low risk as possible. It's the type of game I'll play through, enjoy a fair bit, get the platinum and promptly forget everything about. Hell, even the announcer lady who voices the tutorials sounds bored and completely disinterested, as if she knows you've done all of this before.

I am a bit concerned though, I've played less than an hour as a racer, just driving a mustang, and already I've had a pursuit with helicopters, spike strips and bloody cops driving Koenigseggs! I'm not really sure how they plan to ramp up the difficulty from here, this was pretty much the peak of difficulty in Hot Pursuit. Fighter Jets? Tanks? Breaking the laws of physics (Or should I say the laws of NFS physics)? Perhaps that's where the real innovation starts?

Bottom line is, for better or worse, after an hour of playtime is that it seems pretty much like your bog-standard Need for Speed game.

Indeed, Rivels is just more of the last gen Hot Pursuit, without drastically changing anything. Most opinions on the game are built entirely on wheter or not you think "just some more of Hot Pursuit" is a good or a bad thing. Personally I enjoyed it, though I never bothered getting 100% like I did with Hot Pursuit (on the X360 so you won't find it on my card here, might rebuy it at some point if my backlog is gone though).

• Like 1

I did end up earning one more trophy in Bleach last night, thus the reason for the edit. Lol. Once I earn a trophy, 9/10 games will show up on my profile. Binary Domain refuses to appear, for some reason.. I deleted it from my trophy list, after letting the disc install, and now it doesn't seem like it will show up until I earn a trophy in it(I hope). 

6 hours ago, PerryToxteth said:

Make that the 3 of us. ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Well, I personally don't think it's wrong but I like the way you highlighted my section with bold text and white backgrounds. Really makes it stand out when comparing it to the others. :giggle:

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yes the controls are gimmicky and that was what made me interested in the game but I don't think it's executed very well.

The controls are the main point of the game though. I find it hard to like a game in which the main gimmick is executed so badly, in my eyes it had and has nothing else going for it.

P.S. I loved Super Meat Boy, will play it some day on the PS4 as well. It had great controls though, Torquel is like BADLAND - hard because of the bad controls. I don't mind games being hard if it's well executed, I do mind games being hard because of bad programming. Stupid controls, bad level design, the likes.

I personally don't think the controls are bad in that regard, I also don't see a way they could have done it better with that concept.

The controls are nice and responsive, just like a platformers controls should be. The thing about the controls is that they require practice to be used correctly, they're controls that are hard to learn and hard to master. After the 30 minutes I played up to now, I feel like I've gone from an uncontrollable extending rectangle mess to something I've got a bit of trouble controlling. I've never had a mistake in this game that I could blame the game for, all of them were me somehow messing up by pressing the wrong button or not pressing them in time.

5 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Good luck... personally I think I won't even finish one full route. It'll be a rare first where I don't even obtain a single trophy in a game, even with Yakuza 4, I still made sure to check the hour or so of "what happened before" videos for a trophy.

It's still hard for me to hear you hate on Echochrome, though yeah the experience for you seems to have been similar to TorqueL for me. Without a doubt the worst game I've played in a KYC event yet.

Huh, it's really that bad? Well, better luck with your next game then I suppose.

Are we supposed to post update every day or just after three days? Or is it just Billy that did that, because he ragequit :D?

9 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I did end up earning one more trophy in Bleach last night, thus the reason for the edit. Lol. Once I earn a trophy, 9/10 games will show up on my profile. Binary Domain refuses to appear, for some reason.. I deleted it from my trophy list, after letting the disc install, and now it doesn't seem like it will show up until I earn a trophy in it(I hope). 

That's correct - if you delete 0% trophy list, it will reappear only when you acquire trophy in said game.

1 minute ago, zettlock said:

Are we supposed to post update every day or just after three days? Or is it just Billy that did that, because he ragequit :D?

It's not required to post an update every day. If you don't feel like doing that, you can just stick to the one update after the three days spent. Most tend to do an update everyday but sometimes it's just impractical as there's not much to tell about a game.

1 minute ago, zettlock said:

That's correct - if you delete 0% trophy list, it will reappear only when you acquire trophy in said game.

A lot of us posted reviews at the end of each day, in the previous event. But it's not required. A final review at the end of the 3 days is all you need.

Is that just on PS3, though? Just to be clear, it's PSN's list not PSNP's. I deleted a few of the PS4 games, and they reappeared.

9 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Well, I personally don't think it's wrong but I like the way you highlighted my section with bold text and white backgrounds. Really makes it stand out when comparing it to the others. :giggle:

I guess he can blame that "smart" editor, yet again. That thing is annoying as hell. I wonder how you can bear this PoS-editor while editing your event. xD

2 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Is that just on PS3, though? Just to be clear, it's PSN's list not PSNP's. I deleted a few of the PS4 games, and they reappeared.

It's at least the way most deleted games on PS3 and Vita work. I deleted some Vita-lists and they also only reappeared on PSN after I earned a trophy in them.

Edited by Crimson Idol

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

It's at least the way most deleted games on PS3 and Vita work. I deleted some Vita-lists and they also only reappeared on PSN after I earned a trophy in them.

Guess it makes sense, since only the PS4 can delete them. At least now I know it's a normal thing, and I have nothing to worry about. Thanks. :)

15 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I guess he can blame that "smart" editor, yet again. That thing is annoying as hell. I wonder how you can bear this PoS-editor while editing your event. xD

I had so much trouble with the editor I can't even list all of it. :D I even posted my event early by accident after only writing the first paragraph. :lol: 

Honestly, I abandoned copy-pasting as a whole because of the new editor. I just enter new stats by hand, and keep the pasting to trophy images.

I've made a few personal rules to reduce mess-ups:

Never copy quotes or spoilers, quote them and then copy only the text. Also, don't copy from normal posts without quoting them beforehand...

When copy-pasting anything into the editor, always click on the little remove formatting link at the bottom and then do it yourself again.

Don't try out new hot keys, otherwise you'll end up posting your post early by accident. :P 

Now I even have trouble with the damn polls for gods sake, I had to resort back to barbaric poll technologies like strawpoll in my thread. ^_^ 

Edited by xFalionx

3 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I had so much trouble with the editor I can't even list all of it. :D I even posted my event early by accident after only writing the first paragraph. :lol:

Ah right I remember that. As an outsider it was kinda funny, though. :giggle:

My main problem for the Vita-event was the whole mess with the big amount of spoilers I had to use. As it was hard to navigate through them I copy-pasted the bbcode into the editor and about half of the time it wasn't saved. And to ensure that the text uses the proper line-breaks I always had to copy-paste the bbcode in a preformatted line or otherwise I would get random newlines in between:

Not to forget the clicking on a quote-headline by accident and seeing your whole post going down the drain as you see the browser loading the quoted post, leaving you with only a partially stored one. :devil:

Overal I somehow learned to live with it, though. I won't accept it and I still would prefer a simple, plain textbox but as that's no selling point for a "community suite" I guess we won't see one. :(

35 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I personally don't think the controls are bad in that regard, I also don't see a way they could have done it better with that concept.

The controls are nice and responsive, just like a platformers controls should be. The thing about the controls is that they require practice to be used correctly, they're controls that are hard to learn and hard to master. After the 30 minutes I played up to now, I feel like I've gone from an uncontrollable extending rectangle mess to something I've got a bit of trouble controlling. I've never had a mistake in this game that I could blame the game for, all of them were me somehow messing up by pressing the wrong button or not pressing them in time.

Huh, it's really that bad? Well, better luck with your next game then I suppose.

Yeah I really think it's that bad. I love games like Super Meat Boy and Runner2, which have excellent controls and physics but tough levels. I get annoyed by games like TorqueL and BADLAND, where the difficulty lies in bad controls that get worsened by the bad level design.

Shame, really. I honestly expected I would really like this game.

35 minutes ago, zettlock said:

Yeah like others said, most of us post an update every day, with a sometimes special / elaborate one on the third day. Because day three is Zelda for me, I will post my Final Review on day two - or tonight even if I play it again and it's still awful.