Kill Your Completion v3. 0

Fine, here are my stats. I don't know if I'll have time to play some Witcher tonight and IF there's time to play, I don't know if I gain any trophies.

Decided to get my KYC1 and KYC2 stats in there, while I'm at it. I'm getting an "end of a trilogy" vibe here with this event so I feel like bringing everything together.

KYC1 Ending stats:
Completion percentage: 50,95%    decrease of 1,84%
Trophies won: 4.969                        increase of 164
Unearned trophies: 4.087               increase of 291
Games played: 255                          increase of 11
Updates missed: 2                          missed one day of Grid and one day of Mousecraft, did not game at all on those two days.

KYC2 Ending stats:

Completion percentage: 50,21%   decrease of 1,08%

Trophies won: 5.422                        increase of 107

Unearned trophies: 4.639              increase of 297

Games played: 282                         increase of 11

KYC3 Starting Stats:

Completion percentage: 50,88%  

Trophies won: 5.725                       

Unearned trophies: 4.519             

Games played: 289 (I deleted half a dozen empty trophy lists recently so I may have played more) 

... Yeah, my completion percentage has been in a downward spiral ever since the first event. Seeing as I'm going to focus on getting my PS+ backlog under control and I'm going to stop buying non-Switch games for a while, I wouldn't be surprised if I manage to get back up in time for KYC4.

... wait, what am I saying? Of course I'll be surprised if I actually manage to get back up!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zettlock said:

I'm on a fence with playing Little Deviants and thinking about switching them for Oreshika. I might do that in the end...

BTW: @Hemiak, would you mind putting me in participants tab? You know - prestige :giggle:

You said you are in strategy games, right?

Even if it's an JRPG Oreshika has some unit management and planning and that may increase the chance that you would enjoy that game a bit more.

And thanks to this post I reminded myself of the fact that I wanted to order the OST. :facepalm: 

7 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

non-Switch

I guess I will try a new challenge next month. Count the occurences of the names Switch and Zelda in your upcoming posts. xD

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I guess I will try a new challenge next month. Count the occurences of the names Switch and Zelda in your upcoming posts. xD

Spoiler

You dirty little Switch snitch.

Edit: I'm actually fine with you keeping score. Just be sure to not count my signature.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

You said you are in strategy games, right?

Even if it's an JRPG Oreshika has some unit management and planning and that may increase the chance that you would enjoy that game a bit more.

Yeah, but it's not like this event is fit for my personal taste :D (looking at you, Demon's Souls. We will joust until one of us is dead!). But I think you've got me convinced anyhow - Oreshika it is then ;).

11 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I'm sure I will regret it after the 3rd... And I just had to unhide the signatures to see it.

You hid my sig? :(

I don't know how often I will mention... those names... when the event is actually underway though, at least in this thread. There's two different events for which I can write down my Zelda(1) experiences; one being Falion's event where next month's theme is artistic and two being an event specifically for Switch(1) games.

And there, I'm already counting for you! :) Thought about trying not to name them but that sentence became such a hassle, so here's one count of both for free.

I'm mostly mentioning the two now whenever I talk about why I made the choice for short story campaigns in this event and why I'm slowing down on Witcher 3 in a couple of other events. That, and IT'S ONLY THREE MORE NIGHTS UNTIL IT'S THERE Y'ALL

10 minutes ago, zettlock said:

Yeah, but it's not like this event is fit for my personal taste :D (looking at you, Demon's Souls. We will joust until one of us is dead!). But I think you've got me convinced anyhow - Oreshika it is then ;).

I just want to save your sanity. :P

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

You hid my sig? :(

I don't know how often I will mention... those names... when the event is actually underway though, at least in this thread. There's two different events for which I can write down my Zelda(1) experiences; one being Falion's event where next month's theme is artistic and two being an event specifically for Switch(1) games.

And there, I'm already counting for you! :) Thought about trying not to name them but that sentence became such a hassle, so here's one count of both for free.

I'm mostly mentioning the two now whenever I talk about why I made the choice for short story campaigns in this event and why I'm slowing down on Witcher 3 in a couple of other events. That, and IT'S ONLY THREE MORE NIGHTS UNTIL IT'S THERE Y'ALL

I hide all signatures as It's much more comfortable to read posts.

And I guess you misread my phrase a bit. I'm starting to count them next month and I'm going by GMT so I still have ~11 hours left before I have to count those words. :P And I can understand that you are pretty hyped about that unnamed upcoming Nintendo-device. All I hope is that you don't get disappointed if it doesn't match all your expectations. ;) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45883-march-ps-ps4-games-leaked/

It seems that Disc Jam (don't know it, it's a new game) and Tearaway Unfolded would be new PS+ titles next month. I've wanted to play a Tearaway game for a while but never got around to it. Would be fun if this were true...

Great, another 2 PS4 exclusives in PS+. I guess I'll have to choose between the 4 others then.

Well, that just means more great games like Tearaway for me when I finally manage to get my hands on one of those fabled "PS4"s.

Also, since everyone's been posting their stats I'll go along with them. I might end up earning another trophy in R&C before then by accident, but I'll make sure to edit the stats in that case.

Total trophies earned: 1226

Platinum trophies earned: 23

Games played: 59

Games finished: 27

Completion: 66.24%

Unearned trophies: 644

6 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

... That's what she said. HEYOOOOO!

Lol :giggle:

1 hour ago, ladynadiad said:

Oh yeah, should post my stats since I'm doubting I'll get another trophy before this starts:

Thanks for the reminder! I won't be getting anything before midnight tonight either so here are my numbers:

Trophies earned: 5879

Platinums: 58

Games played: 188

Games finished: 64

Completion: 75.13 %

Unearned trophies: 858

Just now, Crimson Idol said:

I hide all signatures as It's much more comfortable to read posts.

And I guess you misread my phrase a bit. I'm starting to count them next month and I'm going by GMT so I still have ~11 hours left before I have to count those words. :P And I can understand that you are pretty hyped about that unnamed upcoming Nintendo-device. All I hope is that you don't get disappointed if it doesn't match all your expectations. ;) 

Mèh, I like sigs in general - but that should be obvious, seeing how much effort I've put into mine xD

I'm pretty psyched, but I'm also pretty realistic in my expectations. I'm just very excited because of a couple of things:

1. I was always a Nintendo gamer first. Come Wii, I decided I needed a console next to it so I could play stuff like Rockstar. Then came the WiiU which I wasn't interested in at all thanks to the gamepad, so I dropped Nintendo and went to only X360, and eventually only PlayStation gaming, next to my SNES of course. The Switch looks to be a lot better than the WiiU with the gimmicks being non-essential for many games (I already liked the Wii less than everything that came before because of the gimmick controls), and I can now finally go back to Nintendo.
  2. The WiiU stayed not interesting for me because it never had the games that are system sellers for me. There are just over half a dozen games I would buy if I had a WiiU - the Kart/Party/Smash multiplayer power combo, 3D World, Woolly World, HD versions of the GC Zelda games - but no games that would make it a system seller for me. The Switch has one of those right from the start and another one within its first year... This is so important to me that both games get their own argument, so this argument itself is mostly that I'm excited that the Switch has must-have games for me at all.
  3. A new 3D Zelda game. Not an HD version, not a 2D handheld version, but a full awesome 3D Zelda game. It being the most ambitious Zelda ever with an open world and everything is just the icing on the cake. It's been more than a decade since my last new 3D Zelda experience (Twilight Princess) and I can't wait to experience such a game for the first time again - Ocarina Of Time was an eye-opener for me, had zero interest in games like that beforehand but I got it with the console so I tried it out... To this day, it might be the gaming experience that defined my gaming tastes the most.
  4. An open world Mario. I loved Super Mario 64, didn't like Sunshine and really liked the Galaxies but 3D World and the New Bros. series both felt like a stap backwards to me - not the good kind of nostalgia like The Deadly Tower Of Monsters, but the bad kind like Duke Nukem Forever. I'm glad that Super Mario Odyssey looks to be the Mario game I've been waiting for.
  5. Finally, offline multiplayer again! I started my console gaming on the SNES, and every iteration - SNES, N64, GC, Wii - I would make sure to have four controllers (two for SNES of course) so I could play with others. As mentioned a few times earlier, I see Kart/Party/Smash as the holy trinity of multiplayer gaming, I had such a blast playing those games across different consoles... When I went to X360, and later PS4 and PS3, it all stopped. I play LEGO and a few co-op side scrolling platformers with my wife, but that's it. I think Xbox and PlayStation killed offline multiplayer, they just don't care for it, while Nintendo always kept that part alive. I already pre-ordered two additional Joycons so I'm all set for multiplayer gaming - I'll buy Snipperclips and Fast RMX day one, I'll try to find Super Bomberman R on a sale and I'll get Kart right away when it releases in April. After that, it's just waiting for the Party/Smash announcements and for N64 games to release on VC but truth be told, Kart is what we did most back in the day.
  6. N64 gaming on the go! There's nothing official yet but who are we kidding: eventually, the Virtual Console will release on the Switch and it will have N64 games. My N64 broke down so I'm glad to be able to play those games at all, let alone on the go.
  7. Finally a handheld console I can get excited about! I used to have a GBA and used it plenty. I had a DS at some point but used it less, a 3DS but I didn't use it much either and then a Vita but I didn't use it much either. The big problem: games took longer to play through and I got bored by having separate libraries for my home consoles and handheld consoles. That's why it was so much fun for me to be able to take the PS4 with me and play through the Vita, and that's why I can't wait to get the Switch now: I'll just continue on whatever I was working on, no need to keep handheld games for the holidays or pause home console games at the same time.

There's a lot of chatter which I can get excited about - whatever is Retro Studios working on, for instance - but with only what we know for sure, the Switch is a great console for me already. It might not have many games at the start (few consoles do), but that just means I can concentrate on my PS4/PS3 backlog for a while. Luckily, One of the first games out for the Switch is Zelda. What with Snipperclips and Fast RMX launching as well, I can't imagine needing more until Kart is released.

3 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Great, another 2 PS4 exclusives in PS+. I guess I'll have to choose between the 4 others then.

Well, that just means more great games like Tearaway for me when I finally manage to get my hands on one of those fabled "PS4"s.

PS4 is where it's at, catch up or get out of the way B)

Joking aside, all those non - current genners might not be happy with this but I'm pretty pleased with more and more PS+ games for PS3 and Vita actually being cross-buy for the PS4.

Oh FFS. 

I had some time this morning so I added in all the newbies, added links to the names of people whose been active recently,  and spoiler tags for game lists. I then added in all the game lists for people who posted "final(or finalized)  list" in the last 4 pages. 

I hit edit post and the damn editor shit the bed. Seriously, it nested everybody's spoiler tags, but only where I added games for a participant. :dunno: And no smart-ass, I didn't overwrite the closed spoiler tags. It's actually pretty amusing if you want to take a look at it. 

The worst part is that our new "smart editor" converted the whole damn thing and now I can't actually see the code anymore. :shakefist: I'm headed to work right now so we'll all just have to deal with it for now, but I might have to scrap the whole damn participant list and start over later. FML. I tried to go into it and just add [/spoiler] where needed and it just ignored them completely. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Oh FFS. 

I had some time this morning so I added in all the newbies, added links to the names of people whose been active recently,  and spoiler tags for game lists. I then added in all the game lists for people who posted "final(or finalized)  list" in the last 4 pages. 

I hit edit post and the damn editor shit the bed. Seriously, it nested everybody's spoiler tags, but only where I added games for a participant. :dunno: And no smart-ass, I didn't overwrite the closed spoiler tags. It's actually pretty amusing if you want to take a look at it. 

The worst part is that our new "smart editor" converted the whole damn thing and now I can't actually see the code anymore. :shakefist: I'm headed to work right now so we'll all just have to deal with it for now, but I might have to scrap the whole damn participant list and start over later. FML. I tried to go into it and just add [/spoiler] where needed and it just ignored them completely. 

I know it's not funny but I had to laugh at this as it's similar to all the problems I experienced when editing the list for the Vita-event.

As it was too cumbersome to navigate through >60 expanded  spoiler-boxes I always did a full delete and copy-pasted the ready-to-go bbcode into the editor. About 50% of the time the editor screwed up and it didn't save the changes but instead it gave me the old version. Turned out that it more likely worked when I added some additional newlines, though. :dunno:

Be glad that it's only a one-time only list you have to write down. :P

*quickly runs aways...*

8 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I know it's not funny but I had to laugh at this as it's similar to all the problems I experienced when editing the list for the Vita-event.

As it was too cumbersome to navigate through >60 expanded  spoiler-boxes I always did a full delete and copy-pasted the ready-to-go bbcode into the editor. About 50% of the time the editor screwed up and it didn't save the changes but instead it gave me the old version. Turned out that it more likely worked when I added some additional newlines, though. :dunno:

Be glad that it's only a one-time only list you have to write down. :P

*quickly runs aways...*

Yeah, it's brutal. I just wish we could access the code that we typed into he first place. Stupid technology. 

@all It's the final day of waiting, just over 14 hours before my start time. If you haven't posted a "Final List" please do. You don't have to choose a specific order if you don't want. Either way please use the built in list or numbered list options, or just don't format it at all. It'll make it easier when I have to rebuild the whole damn OP from scratch. If you want to post some starting stats feel free, the only one I'll track is your starting completion %, and even that isn't required. 

Also, some people posted interest, with or without a list, and never posted again. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow I'll probably just remove you to keep things cleaner. 

9 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Yeah, it's brutal. I just wish we could access the code that we typed into he first place. Stupid technology. 

@all It's the final day of waiting, just over 14 hours before my start time. If you haven't posted a "Final List" please do. You don't have to choose a specific order if you don't want. Either way please use the built in list or numbered list options, or just don't format it at all. It'll make it easier when I have to rebuild the whole damn OP from scratch. If you want to post some starting stats feel free, the only one I'll track is your starting completion %, and even that isn't required. 

Also, some people posted interest, with or without a list, and never posted again. If I don't hear from you by tomorrow I'll probably just remove you to keep things cleaner. 

I actually think it looks pretty cool ^.^

I do hope the PS+ reveal tomorrow is cool. If the Tearaway and that Disc thing rumour is correct, I probably won't change anything on my list the way it is unless the PS3/Vita lists have a cool crossbuy title, can't think of any that I'm missing though so we'll see. Don't have a Vita any more so unless there's cross-buy, I'm not playing those at all.

Alright so I updated my list again (same games different order so I could fit Okami on the same spot as @BillyHorrible and @Kevvik

Current completion: 72.86%

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (PS3 - TPS)
  2. Slain: Back from Hell (PS4 - Action-Platformer)
  3. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum (PS3 - Dungeon Crawler/RPG)
  4. Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4 - Action-Adventure)
  5. Driveclub (PS4 - Racing)
  6. Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:birth 1 (Vita - RPG)
  7. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (PS3 - Wrestling)
  8. Wanted (PS3 - TPS)
  9. Final Fantasy VII (PS4 - RPG)
  10. Okami HD (PS3 - Action-Adventure)

@Hemiak this is my final list, regardless of what may get put on Plus.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
forgot to add completion %...
  • Like 3

@Hemiak, @voodoo_eyes

^-^

1. TorqueL (with Kevvik and xFalionx)
  2. Four Sided Fantasy
  3. Kitten Squad
  4. Stories: Path Of Destinies (with Fitzquaid and Jaguargenie)
  5. Kung Fury: Street Rage
  6. Tearaway Unfolded
  7. Invisible, Inc. (with dizzyshadow and Fitzquaid)
  8. Ultratron
  9. This War Of Mine: The Little Ones (with wtru9)
  10. Õkami HD (with Kevvik and voodoo_eyes)
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@voodoo_eyes I should have listened to you about Cartoon Punch Time.. At least it was better than the shit I just finished. So ready to start Shadow of Mordor, and cleanse my pallet of this shitty taste in my mouth. <_<

Well, the new CN game does seem to be even worse so there's that :P. Mordor is pretty good, still need to get back to that one myself. I decided to actually start with what I believe to be the game I'd despise the most, just to get it over with (and technically only have 2 days for it as tomorrow will be busy as hell)

Just under 6 hrs til I can officially start the challenge. Probably won't be hitting any more trophies before then so here come the stats:

116 Games Played

36 Completed games

38.73% Completion

2,693 unearned trophies

2.23 trophies per day...super low as I went AWOL from PS for about 6 months, maybe longer

10 games are installed, pre-order of Horizon Dawn and Wildlands is making me think about swapping out a couple of games though, or do they have to be backlog games?

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Well, the new CN game does seem to be even worse so there's that :P. Mordor is pretty good, still need to get back to that one myself. I decided to actually start with what I believe to be the game I'd despise the most, just to get it over with (and technically only have 2 days for it as tomorrow will be busy as hell)

Lol. Well, I hope to enjoy all of the ones on my list. I don't think I have another Jak II or Munch's Oddysee anywhere on it this time. But I thought I'd enjoy Lifeless Planet, too.. 

7 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Lol. Well, I hope to enjoy all of the ones on my list. I don't think I have another Jak II or Munch's Oddysee anywhere on it this time. But I thought I'd enjoy Lifeless Planet, too.. 

That bad? Seemed somewhat decent from what I saw although to be fair it also looked like there was bugger all to do in that game. Was actually considering picking it up in the current sale.

12 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

That bad? Seemed somewhat decent from what I saw although to be fair it also looked like there was bugger all to do in that game. Was actually considering picking it up in the current sale.

I hated it. Got better at the terrible platforming, but the lighting in some of the levels was so bad.. I had to keep upping the brightness settings on my TV, and I still couldn't see all that well. And then after dying every way possible, the trophy didn't pop. I did every single one again through level select and got it, so I don't know if they have to all be done in one sitting or what. And if it wasn't for them patching it, so you could backup your save and get the no dying trophy, I don't think I would have completed it. Far too easy to die, at least in my case. :unsure:

Edited by DamagingRob

23 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I hated it. Got better at the terrible platforming, but the lighting in some of the levels was so bad.. I had to keep upping the brightness settings on my TV, and I still couldn't see all that well. And then after dying every way possible, the trophy didn't pop. I did every single one again through level select and got it, so I don't know if they have to all be done in one sitting or what. And if it wasn't for them patching it, so you could backup your save and get the no dying trophy, I don't think I would have completed it. Far too easy to die, at least in my case. :unsure:

I guess I'll just wait until it comes to Plus then :P.