Kill Your Completion v3. 0

3 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Great now I'll have to decide what to swap for Lost Planet 3. Both Lumo and Severed look very interesting, but I think I'll go with Severed since that will also fit the artistic theme of my own challenge.

That's a really good decision. :highfive:

IMO the game has a really unique atmosphere and some may think it's too easy but overall it gives you a good time. It also shows that touch-only controls can be good, too.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 1

Everyone: want to play Tearaway Unfolded? It's on spot #6 for me but I do have a little bit of leeway left.

56 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Hmmmm, maybe if I do a 4th event I'll let everyone designate a reserve game that they can swap in quickly if they absolutely hate their original game and haven't earned a trophy. 

Like Stalker I strongly disliked Echochrome. Strange because I really like puzzles type games usually. I had even played a demo years before and it seemed all right. I actually stopped playing one level before beating the first set of levels, so I didn't actually earn a trophy. If I had an extra game I would have gladly switched it in. Tell you what, go ahead and start one of the other games you were tinkering with, to preserve the rest of your list. 

Thanks a lot!

Hadn't even thought of an actual switch yet but being able to discard one game on the first day might be useful, especially to those who use KYC events to play PS+ games they don't know if they'll like yet.

I'll start on Four Sided Fantasy yet, I'll keep TorqueL as a failed first game this time because I'm going to spend many hours on the Switch and I don't want to add yet another game to try here while I could just as well make sure I've already done the game I should play this weekend.

Will do a final review of TorqueL and then I'm going to play Four Sided Fantasy for a while before going back to The Witcher III.

56 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Tearaway still the only one of these I'm remotely interested in since Severed isn't ps4. 

Saw the games but I was busy on dinner and then a card game with my wife (Phase 10) so I couldn't write until now.

I'll keep my list like it is, unless someone wanting to do Tearaway with me but not on spot 6 means I'm changing the order but I don't need any other March PS+ game for now.

1fa24f9d3cc37cec95ada9753f834bb5fe238bdf

Game #1: TorqueL

Final Review

Total playtime: little under an hour

Trophies: 0/13 for an F rank

Thought this would be fun

Finally got to play it

Fucking disaster

Spoiler

Yes, it has happened! I changed my setup from doing a limerick as a final review to doing a haiku. We're at the final part of a trilogy so I need to change things up. Also decided I'm going to do a big image in final reviews, mostly because Kung Fury's image is so awesome it would seem like a mistake not to let it shine.

As for TorqueL... Can't really say much more than I said already. Tried to play some more after work but I just couldn't get through it. Kept being stuck on the same stupid level while trying half a dozen different strategies, but nothing worked. I lost all interest and decided I just didn't want to play any more. It's my first and hopefully only :hidden: score of the season.

TorqueL final score:

:hidden:- BillyHorrible

- @Kevvik, @xFalionx (will update when they post their final review)

Next up: Four Sided Fantasy

• Like 4

FUCK!

I spent the last thirty minutes trying to get Four Sided Fantasy to work. The core game mechanic - holding R2 to lock the camera in place - seems to be broken for me, it often does not work and when it works, it's random and over way too soon. Can't even get beyond the third hurdle like this... Fuck me, seriously pissed off right now.

I deleted the game and am redownloading at this moment, if it still doesn't work then I might try my other controller but that shouldn't be the problem as the first instance where I have to use it, the game shows that I am holding down R2 but the lock just doesn't happen 95% of the time.

Can't find anything about this online so the problem seems to be just on my PS4..

Edited by BillyHorrible

19 minutes ago, Myu said:

@BillyHorrible not your best day, isn't it? :/ I hope your game starts working properly soon!

Edit: using my second controller now (the one which only has been used when my wife plays along with LEGO or the occasional co-op platformer) and the game works like a charm.

Guess my main controller must be slowly breaking down, the mechanism might have become too sensitive or something?

Anyways thankfully it works now but I might have to look into buying a new controller, which is no fun at all.

... And, of course, a whole precious hour of gaming time has been wasted on this.

Edited by BillyHorrible

36 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Edit: using my second controller now (the one which only has been used when my wife plays along with LEGO or the occasional co-op platformer) and the game works like a charm.

Guess my main controller must be slowly breaking down, the mechanism might have become too sensitive or something?

Anyways thankfully it works now but I might have to look into buying a new controller, which is no fun at all.

... And, of course, a whole precious hour of gaming time has been wasted on this.

Maybe you should give TorqueL a shot with the new controller? Just a thought. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Maybe you should give TorqueL a shot with the new controller? Just a thought. 

My first thought as well but the controller works like a charm in stuff like Witcher, Psychonauts and any other game I've played recently, and TorqueL does not use the R2 button.

Will try TorqueL just for a few minutws tomorrow just to be sure though, but with TorqueL it was less about the game not doing what I told it to do and more about the physics just being bad.

5 hours ago, dmland12 said:

It looks like you missed my post a few pages back.  Here's my starting percentage:  95.67%

I got a chance to play a little of Lone Wolf last night...  or "Joe Dever's Lone Wolf Console Edition" if we're being formal.  :P  It's an interesting game so far.  It's an RPG, but you're reading the story from a book most of the time and making a decision here and there or getting into a fight.  The decisions involves quick-time events some of the time, and if you fail you'll lose Vitality (HP), Kai (Magic), or Endurance (needed to perform most attacks during a battle).  Other times you just use a skill or your stats and the story moves along.  This is my first playthrough so I'm unsure how much difference these decisions actually make, but they obviously do have some effect, which is nice.  For example, one time I decided to use my "Animal Kinship" Kai specialty to convince some ravens to harass some enemies while I sneaked into a building they were guarding.  The ravens started attacking them and they discovered me anyway, but they started the battle with lower health from the raven attack.  Kind of neat.  B)

The combat is turn-based more-or-less and not too bad on normal difficultly so far...  although I'm not very far in the game so it will probably get more difficult.  I can already see that the hard difficulty where your enemies have double the HP will be difficult to manage.  The combat system is pretty straightforward so far.  You hit them and reduce their HP before they hit you and reduce yours.  Most of your attacks require you do to quick-time-events for max damage and sometimes you get a chance to dodge or block an attack with a QTE.  I say so far, since I did skim through a tutorial page that listed at least a dozen negative status effects that I haven't seen yet, so it's probably going to get more complicated.  :P

I always thought Lone Wolf had the combat outcome based on "dice rolls" for some reaon, I must have been mixing it up with some other game. SOunds interesting so far from your description.

4 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Also just got Terraria in one of the US sales for $3.74 :dance: Been looking at this for a little while. Ps+ freebies still haven't been posted as far as I can see. 

Edit: speak of the devil. 

Tearaway still the only one of these I'm remotely interested in since Severed isn't ps4. 

I was one post before this one, when I thought to myself "I wonder what the ps plus games are"`. Well... now I know, cheers  :D.

Just go home from work, had dinner and am knackered so I might only get a short taste my of first game, definitely won't be making a "review" today though, that's for sure.

PS: I also fucking hate the new notifications btw, just showing 1 when there are like 20 really :shakefist:.

Edited by voodoo_eyes

40 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

PS: I also fucking hate the new notifications btw, just showing 1 when there are like 20 really :shakefist:.

I'm ok because it usually says, 'x, y, Z, and 5 others have replied.'

Im much more irritated when I get 14 different 'Q has replied to a status update' notifications. Fell me who's notification, and stack everybody who replied to the same one. 

11 hours ago, xFalionx said:

This day is almost over so let me give you another perspective on TorqueL. (I'm copying Billy's template since this is my first KYC and I liked that one. :P)

Nice! Yeah I've been using this template since the first game of the first event. I've got a cool template for my final event review as well. I changed the final review for games template a bit with this event, doing a big picture of the game instead of just the same small one again and doing my review in haiku instead of limerick.

Why am I doing a final review in limerick at all, you ask? Well, this conversation is at fault, as is me saying stuff before thinking:

On 28-6-2016 at 11:31 PM, Hemiak said:

Feel free to make a video if you want. Creativity and diversity are welcome and encouraged. I might have a few guest reviewers help on a few of the games.

On 28-6-2016 at 11:41 PM, voodoo_eyes said:

Sounds good. Should definitely be interesting having different sorts of reviews.

On 29-6-2016 at 0:04 AM, BillyHorrible said:

Verily! I shall write me a poem, lads!

Hmmmm. That WOULD be fun!

... And I naturally didn't want to back down after this, been doing limericks throughout all of KYC1 and KYC2.

11 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@BillyHorrible It's already the 4th over there? :huh:

See my earlier postings with Hemiak.

I hated TorqueL with a passion and didn't want to play on. I'm already spending some time on game #2 because tomorrow I'll get the Switch, so this way Four Sided Fantasy could get the attention it deserves. I'll barely play on PlayStation the next week, and what I do play will also be in Witcher III. So the choice was: start one of my other games too soon, or be inactive in this event for a few days.