Kill Your Completion v3. 0

17 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

Ah right I remember that. As an outsider it was kinda funny, though. :giggle:

My main problem for the Vita-event was the whole mess with the big amount of spoilers I had to use. As it was hard to navigate through them I copy-pasted the bbcode into the editor and about half of the time it wasn't saved. And to ensure that the text uses the proper line-breaks I always had to copy-paste the bbcode in a preformatted line or otherwise I would get random newlines in between:

Not to forget the clicking on a quote-headline by accident and seeing your whole post going down the drain as you see the browser loading the quoted post, leaving you with only a partially stored one. :devil:

Overal I somehow learned to live with it, though. I won't accept it and I still would prefer a simple, plain textbox but as that's no selling point for a "community suite" I guess we won't see one. :(

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was. :D 

Yeah, I can still get around my OP thanks to the fact that I sorted the participants in alphabetical order, so I can just pull the slider to where I think the first letter of the participant I'm editing may be and then correct it a little to make may way to the right spoiler. I kinda wish they could be collapsed in edit mode, that way it would probably get a lot easier to find your way around spoilers.

I'm glad this didn't happen to me yet. I'm quite glad about the save function though, I would have lost 1 or 2 long posts without that because of silly mistakes like reloading thread pages by reflex after someone posts something new. ^_^ 

Survive and thrive. It isn't perfect but so is life, we can still make the best of it.

@BillyHorrible 

I just finished my route "u" after 50 minutes of playtime and I've started having even more fun since I found a way to use the controls as a way to move around faster. You'll be shocked when I post my first day review. :D 

Edited by xFalionx

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

I did end up earning one more trophy in Bleach last night, thus the reason for the edit. Lol. Once I earn a trophy, 9/10 games will show up on my profile. Binary Domain refuses to appear, for some reason.. I deleted it from my trophy list, after letting the disc install, and now it doesn't seem like it will show up until I earn a trophy in it(I hope). 

Make that the 3 of us. ;)

Woo-hoo! Now we can be considered "a fellowship." :) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

@BillyHorribleI just finished my route "u" after 50 minutes of playtime and I've started having even more fun since I found a way to use the controls as a way to move around faster. You'll be shocked when I post my first day review. :D 

You should be a "web journalist", you're great at writing clickbait :)

Nah during these events we've often seen how one man's :platinum: might be another man's :hidden:.

I tried some more of the game and I gave up. I didn't try to rush (last night neither) but the gameplay is too damn annoying for me to enjoy it. I like tough games but I don't like being sruck on the same level for half an hour if that level should be completable in less than a minute.

Will post my Final Review later today, then I'll be quiet for tomorrow and the day after that - at least, I am not gaming for the event any more.

I never expected I would hate this game. I actually expected this to be the first KYC where I would not have to hand out :hidden: scores at all.

• Like 1

Here's my pre KYC...A stats:

Games completed/Played - 48/35

Trophies earned - 1800

Unearned - 238

Completion % - 87.24

Rarity 45.06%

I played JC3 like mad last night, trying to 100% before the event, but I only knocked out two of the three DLC's. TheSea Heist DLC proved to be my Arnhem.

So here's my pre-KYC3 stats:

Games completed/Played - 60/42

Trophies earned - 2135

Unearned - 309

Completion % - 85.93

Rarity 43.14%

- My rarity has dipped dramatically but not bc I turned into Hemiak and became a UR Hunter.  DLC trophies have been reassessed. :)

- Kudos to anyone who catches the Arnhem reference!  

2 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Well, I personally don't think it's wrong but I like the way you highlighted my section with bold text and white backgrounds. Really makes it stand out when comparing it to the others. :giggle:

I didn't do it and I can't get it to stop. :(

I seriously spent like 5 minutes highlighting and hitting cntrl B and clicking the bold box on the editor. I'll probably have to delete it, put it in Word, fix and then re-paste it. 

2 hours ago, zettlock said:

Are we supposed to post update every day or just after three days? Or is it just Billy that did that, because he ragequit :D?

Up to you man. A lot of peeps will post (almost) daily game updates. You're only "required"  to post at the end of three days however. 

Updated those who posted their starting %, including myself. 

I didn't actually start a game last night. I actually got quite a bit of TV time yesterday but by 1130 I was fading fast. I finished up a mission or two of Destiny and hit the sack just after midnight. If I switched games I probably would have pushed until 130 or 2 and Wednesday is the earliest day I work. Gonna let Mim pick the game I start with tonight, though I'm going to plan on playing The Swindle on section 2 along with... Somebody. :dunno: I saw someone else had it in slot 8 or 9 as well, but I can't remember either person and I'm just too lazy to look it up. 

Glad everybody (but Billy) is having fun, keep up the good work. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

I didn't do it and I can't get it to stop. :(

I seriously spent like 5 minutes highlighting and hitting cntrl B and clicking the bold box on the editor. I'll probably have to delete it, put it in Word, fix and then re-paste it. 

Try deleting my whole section, then copy pasting this one.

I retyped it for you.

xFalionx - 66.3%

1. TorqueL (PSVita)
  2. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PS3)
  3. The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3)
  4. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
  5. Lost Planet 3 (PS3)
  6. Dirt 3 (PS3)
  7. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (PSVita)
  8. Darksiders (PS3)
  9. From Dust (PS3)
  10. Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS3)

Edited by xFalionx

And so it begins - played 30 minutes or so of Tomb Raider: Legend, got 2 bronze trophies, and my completion rate is already down to 65.64%.

I will wait until the end of every third day before reviewing each game, but meanwhile, here are some more detailed stats for me before I started:

Completion rate: 66.67%
Completion rate (including games at 0%): 25.44%

Trophies earned: 1,904 (18 :platinum:, 116 :gold:, 361 :silver:, 1,409 :bronze:) for 45,645 points

Unearned trophies: 829
Unearned trophies (including games at 0% & DLC trophies): 6,010

Games on profile: 189
Games with at least one trophy earned: 71

---

Trophies that can be earned during this event: 428 (10 :platinum:, 38 :gold:, 113 :silver:, 267 :bronze:) for 12,615 points

If all 10 games completed, new completion rate will be 71.51% [Up 4.84%]
If only one bronze trophy earned in all 10 games, new completion rate will be 57.18% [Down 9.49%]  

• Like 1

@Hemiak started thinking about an alternative and if it's okay with you, I have no problems with giving my #2 game some time of today and tomorrow. I'm mostly into the Switch starting day three anyway and this might help keep me in the event a bit, and give Four Sided Fantasy the attention it deserves.

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

I'm going to plan on playing The Swindle on section 2 along with... Somebody. :dunno:

I'm somebody ;)

I'm going to write my first update this evening but so far I'm putting some gaming time in it, I've done about 5 hours of Knack already and now it's time for a break but so far I'm enjoying it, lacks a bit of trophies popping in my opinion but they'll come later on I guess.

Just a quick note on my first game to get in the spirit on the event.

I realised that Flame Over is not a game to play without paying attention.

It's a quick, clever game on firefighting with simple graphics but good particle effects. It reminds me of playing games like Spelunky, Binding of Isaac or Nuclear Throne because of the Rogue elements.

I suck at Rogue type games however.

My percentage has only dropped about 0.07% so far, but I am playing Wolfenstein at the same time.

Also, @Hemiak, I'm playing the Swindle at place 8, just so you know.

Edited by Psy-Tychist

45 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

@Hemiak started thinking about an alternative and if it's okay with you, I have no problems with giving my #2 game some time of today and tomorrow. I'm mostly into the Switch starting day three anyway and this might help keep me in the event a bit, and give Four Sided Fantasy the attention it deserves.

Hmmmm, maybe if I do a 4th event I'll let everyone designate a reserve game that they can swap in quickly if they absolutely hate their original game and haven't earned a trophy. 

Like Stalker I strongly disliked Echochrome. Strange because I really like puzzles type games usually. I had even played a demo years before and it seemed all right. I actually stopped playing one level before beating the first set of levels, so I didn't actually earn a trophy. If I had an extra game I would have gladly switched it in. Tell you what, go ahead and start one of the other games you were tinkering with, to preserve the rest of your list. 

34 minutes ago, Fredoline05 said:

I'm somebody ;)

Yes you are! And don't ever let anyone else tell you otherwise. :P I knew I had seen somebody with it in slot two so I made the switch when I posted my list 

17 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just a quick note on my first game to get in the spirit on the event...  Flame Over

Also, @Hemiak, I'm playing the Swindle at place 8, just so you know.

Nice, I want to play this one at some point. I was bummed because when it was on ps+ it was only the Vita version. There was a wierd glitch apparently where you could download it free for ps4 as well if you used the ps4 store, but I couldn't grab it on my comp or ps3. :(

Good stuff, look forward to hearing your thoughts, hopefully we don't affect your perceptions. 

Also just got Terraria in one of the US sales for $3.74 :dance: Been looking at this for a little while. Ps+ freebies still haven't been posted as far as I can see. 

Edit: speak of the devil. 

Tearaway still the only one of these I'm remotely interested in since Severed isn't ps4. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dmland12 said:

I got a chance to play a little of Lone Wolf last night...  or "Joe Dever's Lone Wolf Console Edition" if we're being formal.

Sounds pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to trying it at the end of the month.

Did you ever read/"play" any of the original gamebooks?

1 hour ago, Pickle2907 said:

Game: Middle Earth: Shadows of Mordor

Playtime: 4hrs 30mins ish

Glad to hear you're enjoying it so much - agreed on the nemesis system, that was the highlight of the game for me.  It'll be interesting to see what they do with it in the sequel.

12 minutes ago, Fitzquaid said:

Sounds pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to trying it at the end of the month.

Did you ever read/"play" any of the original gamebooks?

No.  The game was just something that caught my eye during a PSN sale.  I had never heard of it before, but it looked interesting.

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

Well, there goes my completion %. One hour in and I'm down by more than two percent. I guess that'll happen when you play the GOTY edition.  :facepalm:

Lol, mine's down only .40%. Play more games, and it hurts less. Both versions have the same amount of trophies, by the way. Just separate lists. 

2 minutes ago, MStalker58 said:

That will teach you to never bash on Zelda ever again. Karma is a bitch. :P

1407948981761.png

1 hour ago, Hemiak said:

Also just got Terraria in one of the US sales for $3.74 :dance: Been looking at this for a little while. Ps+ freebies still haven't been posted as far as I can see. 

Edit: speak of the devil. 

Tearaway still the only one of these I'm remotely interested in since Severed isn't ps4. 

Have fun with Terraria, Steam says that I've played this game for 524 hours. I've played Skyrim for 324 hours if that's worth a comparison. I mean I even bought the game on Vita again because I wanted to have the platinum. I think I might save that for my 100th should that time come, but yeah it's pretty much my favorite game of all time.

Great, now I'll have to decide what to swap for Lost Planet 3. Both Lumo and Severed look very interesting, but I think I'll go with Severed since that will also fit the artistic theme of my own challenge.  Anyways, I'm really happy about this months PS+ games. The only game that doesn't interest me is Earth Defense Force, all of the other seem interesting in some way or another.

Please change my list to the following by swapping Lost Planet 3 for Severed:

1. TorqueL (PSVita)
  2. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (PS3)
  3. The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3)
  4. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
  5. Severed (PSVita)
  6. Dirt 3 (PS3)
  7. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD (PSVita)
  8. Darksiders (PS3)
  9. From Dust (PS3)
  10. Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS3)

The white background is still there by the way. Try clicking "Remove formatting" when pasting the new list in, then select all of it and press numbered list, to make it a list again. That might fix it. 

Edited by xFalionx