Kill Your Completion v3. 0

After completing my first run of This War Of Mine, I was pretty close to my original percentage. Got three more trophies in TYPE:RIDER today (already had the qualifications of two of them but two trophies in this game have delayed unlocking and another one is pretty sensitive), which is not a KYC3 game but it is one of the additional games I played during March. I also obtained one trophy in the Ripper DLC for AC Syndicate. Just noticed I'm now on my starting percentage again, making KYC3 the first one I get back from! Now on to my starting percentage of KYC2...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Hey, that sounds like a GREAT name for a Community Event! I might try putting up a thread for that, but I'll have to see if the mods allow that.

I'm honored :P 

Would it be a kind of backlog-type of event? I see a lot of those lately ?

13 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

Hey, that sounds like a GREAT name for a Community Event! I might try putting up a thread for that, but I'll have to see if the mods allow that.

Maybe there could be different editions...maybe? I'm not trying to do raise my completion percentage per se, but I am concentrating on completing the games I did on KYC mk2.

13 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

I actually debated on it back in December after KYC2 but ended up running the Boost Your Trophy Grades one instead, which does allow for completion percentage goals to be set as well even if it's a longer challenge.  I'd be interested in one like KYC though since I actually have enough unfinished games for that!

Anyway, popped back in to say that I finally got my completion back to the level it was at before KYC2.  BTW, I was one of the two who lost over 10% during that event.  I did finish the one game I played for this event before I had to drop it, but not much more progress on my KYC2 games.  I've actually been working on even older stuff.  Probably will hit up Time and Eternity some more soon though and I have Ateiler Rorona and Rune Factory on my list for the spring backlog event as well.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I think this could work pretty well if you made it the opposite of the KYC event. Basically, you would select 10 games you already started before and play them for 3 days each, so you can decide which one to focus on next.

But you've already played those 10 games so you already know what to expect from them, right?

1 minute ago, Myu said:

But you've already played those 10 games so you already know what to expect from them, right?

Yeah, but sometimes when I've abandoned a game for a while I tend to need a little push to get back into them. That's the same reason why I made my own backlog even, to give me that push by reducing my choice of games to a certain theme for each month. For example Atelier Ayesha Plus, it's a game with a concept I really liked but I got distracted by something else at the time. Now I'm picking it back up for my event, otherwise it would have been sitting there for quite a while longer. I feel that if you were to play a game you didn't finish yet for a few days, you are more likely to finish it.

23 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

Yeah, but sometimes when I've abandoned a game for a while I tend to need a little push to get back into them. That's the same reason why I made my own backlog even, to give me that push by reducing my choice of games to a certain theme for each month. For example Atelier Ayesha Plus, it's a game with a concept I really liked but I got distracted by something else at the time. Now I'm picking it back up for my event, otherwise it would have been sitting there for quite a while longer. I feel that if you were to play a game you didn't finish yet for a few days, you are more likely to finish it.

Ah! That's cool that you're going for Ayesha Plus. Has been sitting in my mind in the past few months. I just need to complete a couple of games before I get to it. I think I'm going to have to start over from my Clear Save to be able to get through those dragon bosses. It would be nice to have someone to play with around the same time.

5 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I think this could work pretty well if you made it the opposite of the KYC event. Basically, you would select 10 games you already started before and play them for 3 days each, so you can decide which one to focus on next.

We talked about this during (after?) KYC2 and a few people seemed interested. I thought that's what Billy was going to do but his event is a little different obviously. 

Was going to call it "Why did I stop playing this?" or something. Nobody really wanted to run with it back then though. 

Edited by Hemiak

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I thought about participating in the next KYC event, but I'm currently aiming for 90 percent completion.

Will it be held this coming summer?

I'm currently aiming for July for the next iteration of the event. Unless I die, then it'll probably start a few days late. B)

I'm gonna skip my review for today, I'm pretty tired because AC: Brotherhood had me staying up for too long...

On 4/8/2017 at 1:51 PM, Edunstar84 said:

Ah! That's cool that you're going for Ayesha Plus. Has been sitting in my mind in the past few months. I just need to complete a couple of games before I get to it. I think I'm going to have to start over from my Clear Save to be able to get through those dragon bosses. It would be nice to have someone to play with around the same time.

Yeah, I only played it for a few hours myself, so I'm also starting from scratch when I start playing some time within the next few days. It's always nice to have someone to discuss the games you're playing with. ^_^ 

20 hours ago, Hemiak said:

We talked about this during (after?) KYC2 and a few people seemed interested. I thought that's what Billy was going to do but his event is a little different obviously. 

Was going to call it "Why did I stop playing this?" or something. Nobody really wanted to run with it back then though. 

I guess there's already enough events to tackle your backlog in a multitude of interesting ways anyways. 

16 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I'm gonna skip my review for today, I'm pretty tired because AC: Brotherhood had me staying up for too long...

Yeah, I only played it for a few hours myself, so I'm also starting from scratch when I start playing some time within the next few days. It's always nice to have someone to discuss the games you're playing with. ^_^ 

I guess there's already enough events to tackle your backlog in a multitude of interesting ways anyways. 

Next few days? Don't think I'll be ready by then. I'm looking towards the end of April/beginning of May. I want to clear space by platting Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2.

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Next few days? Don't think I'll be ready by then. I'm looking towards the end of April/beginning of May. I want to clear space by platting Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2.

I was thinking about finishing the game by then to make it count towards this months theme of my own backlog event, I guess I could just play a short PS+ game instead though. So if you're going to play it later, I could hold off as well. I'm pretty invested in AC Brotherhood right now anyways, so having some more time for that would also be nice.

7 minutes ago, xFalionx said:

I was thinking about finishing the game by then to make it count towards this months theme of my own backlog event, I guess I could just play a short PS+ game instead though. So if you're going to play it later, I could hold off as well. I'm pretty invested in AC Brotherhood right now anyways, so having some more time for that would also be nice.

Go ahead then. It would be interesting to see how you get by the ultimate bosses. I don't want to slow you down.

I Need My Completion Rate Back - Update 4

8856720904.jpg

Playtime : 43h30

Got everyone to lvl99 (I'm lvl188 right now thanks to the first DLC dungeon).

It took me forever to get to S rank quests because I had to farm a lot of stones to synthetize the required items. Galdo is officially the worst stealer I have ever seen in a video game. 

I'm now left with going back and forth in the DLC dungeons until everything is complete.  

Enemies defeated : 3811 / 10.000 (+1.311)

Money : 5.430.703 / 100.000.000 (+4.330.703)

Fairy Fencer F is available for less than 5 euros in the current EU sale, who wants to join my own personal hell ? :D 

• Like 4

Finally finished BlazBlue's story late last night. Took 3 days of solid playing(no idea how many hours). So... yeah. They should have just made this a visual novel. :/ Started working on challenges, now. And it remains to be seen if I can complete 100 of them. I make it as far as the 4th, 5th, or 6th one, and then it just gets too complicated. If I could complete the first 5 or 6 with all of them, though, that should give me enough. So, I might be able to do it. But then there's Abyss Mode... And 5 character trophies, that are going to be absolutely brutal on the Vita. Send help. ;w;

• Like 3