Kill Your Completion v3. 0

Just now, BillyHorrible said:

Is it bad that I started three of my new games yesterday and they did more to my percentage than this event? That's bad, isn't it?

How can you start three new games in a single day? :D 

Just now, Myu said:

How can you start three new games in a single day? :D 

Very easily. B)

I first obtained the platinum in Black Flag, early on in the evening. After that I decided to try out Life Goes ON, which was fun but which I didn't feel like playing for too long at once. Then I tried out Feist, which was also fun but which I also didn't want to play for too long at once. Then I figured, I could log off and go to bed but I felt like seeing how Uncharted looked on PS4. So I started the game, and three chapters later I decided that it really was time to go to bed :D

Luckily thanks to Christians pushing their religious holidays onto me, I have tomorrow and monday off of work so I decided to just go do an Uncharted marathon to get in the mood for The Lost Legacy.

24 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Is it bad that I started three of my new games yesterday and they did more to my percentage than this event? That's bad, isn't it?

Well, with the event you start one new game and get to keep playing for three days. With short games this is long enough to maintain or even raise your rate over a month. 

1 minute ago, Hemiak said:

Well, with the event you start one new game and get to keep playing for three days. With short games this is long enough to maintain or even raise your rate over a month. 

It is if you choose the games like I did, at least B)

If it helps, I really enjoyed this event even if it's the first time I got a bit tired from starting new games every three days. I really got worried about all those unfinished KYC1 and KYC2 games so I'm probably going to plan it like this more often.

P.S. already know what you want to do with KYC-lite?

Edited by BillyHorrible

23 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Very easily. B)

I first obtained the platinum in Black Flag, early on in the evening. After that I decided to try out Life Goes ON, which was fun but which I didn't feel like playing for too long at once. Then I tried out Feist, which was also fun but which I also didn't want to play for too long at once. Then I figured, I could log off and go to bed but I felt like seeing how Uncharted looked on PS4. So I started the game, and three chapters later I decided that it really was time to go to bed :D

Luckily thanks to Christians pushing their religious holidays onto me, I have tomorrow and monday off of work so I decided to just go do an Uncharted marathon to get in the mood for The Lost Legacy.

I always have a lot of trouble to switch from one unfinished game to a new one but your explanation makes sense :D 

2 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

P.S. already know what you want to do with KYC-lite?

In what way? You mean about the layout? Date? Or games? 

Ive actually been thinking about just doing regular and lite at the same time and people could decide whether they want to go all in or take the 5 for 6 route. 

Was originally thinking about the May date just as a trial run for it, but if I run them concurrently I'll probably just wait until July for both. However, Mim has strongly suggested I'm getting a ps4 for my birthday, which means I'll be adding about 50 ps+ ps4 games to my playable backlog, so maybe I will do a lite edition in May to kick the new console off right. :dunno:

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Really? Friday too? I was under the impression the Netherlands and Belgium didn't regard Good Friday as a National holiday. I have to work tomorrow sadly, though Monday is a National one so it's not all bad. 

1 minute ago, FFHannibal said:

Really? Friday too? I was under the impression the Netherlands and Belgium didn't regard Good Friday as a National holiday. I have to work tomorrow sadly, though Monday is a National one so it's not all bad. 

There's a small region in France that is also allowed to have Friday off as it is considered a religious day there. Rest of France has to go to work though :P 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Myu said:

I always have a lot of trouble to switch from one unfinished game to a new one but your explanation makes sense :D 

I have no problem with it as long as it's not too story heavy (and even then). a puzzle level game like Life Goes On, I can easily do a few levels at a time while doing something else.

35 minutes ago, Hemiak said:

Ive actually been thinking about just doing regular and lite at the same time and people could decide whether they want to go all in or take the 5 for 6 route. 

Was originally thinking about the May date just as a trial run for it, but if I run them concurrently I'll probably just wait until July for both. However, Mim has strongly suggested I'm getting a ps4 for my birthday, which means I'll be adding about 50 ps+ ps4 games to my playable backlog, so maybe I will do a lite edition in May to kick the new console off right. :dunno:

I meant all of it, anything :)

I guess that with doing both at the same time, you couldn't be an entrant in one of them yourself (unless lite would be 5 in 15) and there's probably more people who want to join in everything.

Personally, I'll wait and see what you're going to do with the dates because I've got some busy weeks in the next few months.

33 minutes ago, FFHannibal said:

30 minutes ago, Myu said:

There's a small region in France that is also allowed to have Friday off as it is considered a religious day there. Rest of France has to go to work though :P 

Yeah the corporation I work for right now has Friday off, it's quite uncommon though even for The Netherlands.

• Like 1

Hey everyone!

Haven't given an update since the event ended, you can blame Persona 5 for that. I've waited so long for it and I'm having too much fun with it to get myself to revisit the games I've played during this event, which is really unfortunate :(

That being said, over the past week I've been putting in half-hour sessions on Day of the Tentacle Remastered, this time following a guide to pick up the platinum without any frustration. Back in my review of this game during the event I said I really enjoyed the writing, and I felt that I would've really enjoyed it if I hadn't spent most of my time aimlessly wondering around the environment praying that whatever I was doing would work. Well, having now played through it and picking up the shiny platinum with the help of a guide my feelings have swung completely in the opposite direction. The effect of the dialogue wore off a lot because I didn't feel any sense of accomplishment when I encountered a new piece of dialogue. So using a guide made the game too linear and easy, but not using one made the game too convoluted and hard (for me).

To conclude, unfortunately I don't feel like I really experienced Day of the Tentacle to its true potential, which really sucks. It felt as though it could've been a really fun experience/ game, but I suppose the point-and-click genre just isn't for me :|.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Yay! Keep us updated. If you run a lite concurrently with the full edition in July I'm in!

The lite will give me time to work around various vacations and trips. 

Just now, Jaguargenie said:

Yay! Keep us updated. If you run a lite concurrently with the full edition in July I'm in!

The lite will give me time to work around various vacations and trips. 

I would be in for a lite one in July too, I don't think I will have 10 new games by then and 10 games in 30 days was a little much for me :) 

22 hours ago, Hemiak said:

I'd be down for doing the lite version in July, if you have it then. Hoping to get a PS4 in late June. 

• Like 1

So I pushed through Wanted and got the plat. I'll bump up my rating to a :silver:. It's still not a good game, and nor one I'd recommend. If the aim sensitivity wasn't as slow as it is and they would have scrapped the turret sections as well as polish the bullet time segments and the aiming in general, it would have been a good game. Well... it would've been a worthy Max Payne.clone.

So that leaves me with

• 4 games from the original KYC I still want to get back to (technically 5, as I decided to rebuy the game that was busted back then, which was Star Wars: The Clone Wars Republic Heroes).
  • 3 games from KYC 2
  • 7 games from KYC 3

Not sure, if I'll get back to another one of them before the next KYC though.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Not sure, if I'll get back to another one of them before the next KYC though.

I've been really focusing on my games from this round. Never did get back to Rune Factory and Munch's Oddysee from the previous event.. Digimon is the only game not at at least an A rank, and my percentage isn't far off from what I started the event with. ^_^

Managed to boost all the online trophies in BlazBlue last night, so if I can ever finish the challenges and Abyss Mode, I might actually get this one. But the challenges, like I said, are very difficult for me.. I keep getting stopped at 4 completed, and that's not going to cut it, unless I get more with other characters. 5 or 6 per character is what I need. -_-

39 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

I've been really focusing on my games from this round. Never did get back to Rune Factory and Munch's Oddysee from the previous event.. Digimon is the only game not at at least an A rank, and my percentage isn't far off from what I started the event with. ^_^

Managed to boost all the online trophies in BlazBlue last night, so if I can ever finish the challenges and Abyss Mode, I might actually get this one. But the challenges, like I said, are very difficult for me.. I keep getting stopped at 4 completed, and that's not going to cut it, unless I get more with other characters. 5 or 6 per character is what I need. -_-

I didn't really follow KYC2 but I did start Rune Factory a few weeks before KYC3. What's your opinion on that game? I've played no more than 10 hours but I feel utterly lost in this game. 

Just now, Myu said:

I didn't really follow KYC2 but I did start Rune Factory a few weeks before KYC3. What's your opinion on that game? I've played no more than 10 hours but I feel utterly lost in this game. 

I enjoyed what I played of it, and had given it a :gold:. I was playing with a faq, so I wouldn't get lost, though. Isn't always clear where you need to go, or what you have to do. Even with the guide, there was a point where the next story mission didn't show up, and I just had to mess about till it did. :/

50 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Having 2 games left over isn't bad. Out of the 30 games (31 counting with the Star Wars game I had to swap out) from these events, I only finished 12 and dropped 4 entirely.

Still have these left over

1. Need for Speed Rivals(57%)
  2. Battle Princess of Arcadias (32%)
  3. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 (23%)
  4. Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes (20%)
  5. Slain: Back from Hell (18%)
  6. Trine Enchanted Edition (14%)
  7. Okami HD (12%)
  8. The Awakened Fate Ultimatum (11%)
  9. One Piece Unlimited World Red (11%)
  10. Assassin's Creed Unity (11%)
  11. Transistor (10%)
  12. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (7%)
  13. Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1 (5%)
  14. Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires (5%)
  15. Final Fantasy VII (4%)

I keep starting other games, so my completion tends to go further down instead of back up :lol:.

• Like 3

@voodoo_eyes Well, those 2 are the biggest blemishes, but I have 5 from the previous event I didn't complete. Dishonored, Furi, and Muramasa being the others. And 4 from this one are still works in progress. So, I'm batting a little over .500. Lol. And I know the feeling.. I have a large backlog, too, that is hard to resist starting a new game from. But I was determined to restore my completion rate, before starting anything new this time. Zero Time Dilemma must be played soon, though. :jaymon:

10 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

@voodoo_eyes Well, those 2 are the biggest blemishes, but I have 5 from the previous event I didn't complete. Dishonored, Furi, and Muramasa being the others. And 4 from this one are still works in progress. So, I'm batting a little over .500. Lol. And I know the feeling.. I have a large backlog, too, that is hard to resist starting a new game from. But I was determined to restore my completion rate, before starting anything new this time. Zero Time Dilemma must be played soon, though. :jaymon:

I'm still on the fence on that game, as well as the previous 2 installments. I didn't enjoy the visual novels I've played so far all that much, so I'm not sure if I should eventually get those. Steins Gate took too long to get going, Corpse Party Blood Drive was disappointing and Danganronpa was fun except for the school mode nonsense.

13 minutes ago, voodoo_eyes said:

I'm still on the fence on that game, as well as the previous 2 installments. I didn't enjoy the visual novels I've played so far all that much, so I'm not sure if I should eventually get those. Steins Gate took too long to get going, Corpse Party Blood Drive was disappointing and Danganronpa was fun except for the school mode nonsense.

I really enjoyed the first 2(I didn't actually play the first, though. Just watched a playthrough on YouTube). I would recommend them, if you enjoyed the story portion of Danganronpa. No school mode type minigame in these. Personally, I would rate these higher than Danganronpa(I really like those, too, though). And shit tends to hit the fan rather quick, so don't think you'll have the Steins;Gate issue. Haven't played it or Corpse Party, though. But I've seen numerous people say Steins;Gate takes awhile to get going. And that you need to have played the PSP Corpse Party games to really enjoy Blood Drive.

Edited by DamagingRob

10 hours ago, Myu said:

I platted this game maybe half a year ago and I personally really loved it but I've always been a fan of the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games. I just kinda wished they'd let me do more of the farming instead of my monsters. I even started a guide for the game but got sidetracked and never really finished it in the end. 

I do remember getting lost one time though. Couldn't figure out how to trigger the next story quest, so I had to look up a walkthrough at the point I was at. Don't really remember where I got lost though. I guess I would have liked the trophies to have less fishing grind and more post-story though. You don't even need to marry anyone to get the platinum trophy, which feels weird because I got it before I was done with all the content. Anyways, it took me like 130 hours or something like that, but I've spent most of that time having Rune Factory fun, instead of FFX where the sphere board grind really managed to annoy me.

9 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I really enjoyed the first 2(I didn't actually play the first, though. Just watched a playthrough on YouTube). I would recommend them, if you enjoyed the story portion of Danganronpa. No school mode type minigame in these. Personally, I would rate these higher than Danganronpa(I really like those, too, though). And shit tends to hit the fan rather quick, so don't think you'll have the Steins;Gate issue. Haven't played it or Corpse Party, though. But I've seen numerous people say Steins;Gate takes awhile to get going. And that you need to have played the PSP Corpse Party games to really enjoy Blood Drive.

I'm another one who'd really get into the Zero Escape franchise. Turns out that I didn't actually get anything for Easter this year, otherwise I would have gotten myself the Nonary Games collection, but I can't afford the import without any Easter money, so I guess I'll end up having to wait another half year and hope I get enough for my birthday to renew PS+ and get the game. :/

Edit: Also thanks to all the people who recommended me Tales of Hearts R, I think I'm gonna get myself that with the PSN credit I've got left. :) 

Edited by xFalionx

I want my completion rate back - Update 7

1843231604.jpg

Book of Spells is completed so I went back to Operation Abyss. It took me some time to adapt again to the gamplay, I had to go back several times to the headquarters because I was missing an item. 

I've completed Chapter One and the level cap is finally upgraded to lvl40 but most of the enemies are kicking my ass in the current dungeon. I also discovered that you can lose a member of your team permanently thanks to the "exhaustion" status. I didn't make my healer rest in time and I had the pleasure to discover an empty slot when I left the dungeon. 

• Like 2