Kill Your Completion v3. 0

1 hour ago, MStalker58 said:

Seriously, the actual game was decent enough. I'm not a big fan of sim racing (not sure if these games are considered sim but whatever you call realistic cars on realistic tracks) but it was pretty good I guess. Haven't played Grid 2 so can't compare them. The online is just a soul crushing grind. Basically for a few months any gaming time was devoted to driving a circle for a minute, wait in the menus, drive the same circle over and over again for 100-200 hours. Sounds like you have 2 PS3's which would save some time and make it less of a pain since you can do it at your own pace. Good luck..but you are crazy. :)

I'm fully aware that the online takes quite some time and is probably one of the worst grinds one can imagine but as you guessed correctly I have two PS3s by now so I could do it on my own pace. I just bought a used one for all these online grinds where I otherwise had to rely or coordinate with others for a longer period. xD And AFAIK I can increase the amount of XP earned in a race by setting up a social rival via Grid 2 (read something from about additional 1,000 XP per win). If the time I spent with Grid 2 wouldn't have been so fun I wouldn't consider Autosport, though. And I wouldn't call this crazy, just stupid. :D

• Like 1

I need my completion rate back - Update 10

5855432304.jpg

I've finally completed the main story, all that's left now is postgame content.

Apart from the fact that the final boss was someone who came out of nowhere with no backstory whatsoever, the story was nice and I enjoyed it a lot. I'll definitely buy Operation Babel when I am finished with this event's backlog. I don't know if I'll take the PS4 version over the Vita one though, dungeon crawling seems to be a weird idea on a big screen. 

• Like 3

Finished Knytt Underground the other night and did almost all of the cleanup now. Just two trophies left but they'll keep for now. It was raining UR trophies for a couple days there. :dance: I really enjoyed this game. The ambience and some of the writing is really well done. Using a full range of mechanics to finish the puzzles, to reach new rooms and items, was really fun. The challenges weren't terribly bad though there were a few that took a good number of attempts. 

Fired up Nova-111 after Knytt last night and made some good progress. Game says I'm sitting at 50% completion. I played several new levels and beat the first world boss, which wasn't too bad. I also went back and got all the secrets and scientists on the levels I'd previously finished. My thoughts on this game stand...ok but not really amazing. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Myu said:

I need my completion rate back - Update 11

7457501L806366.png

7202822604.jpg

Finally! Finally!! This game is finally over! The grind was so brutal at the end, my hands were starting to hurt! 

HonestIy, I don't know if I love this game or if I hate it! I'm just glad it's over :D And look at that georgeous plat pic!

Congrats on the plat! I really enjoyed this game as well and am looking forward to Operation Babel. I'm planning on getting it for Vita as well as I really can't see myself dungeon crawling on the ps4.

3 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Congrats on the plat! I really enjoyed this game as well and am looking forward to Operation Babel. I'm planning on getting it for Vita as well as I really can't see myself dungeon crawling on the ps4.

Thanks! I think Babel will look great on Vita, the living-room TV screen is just too big and too bright to crawl in dungeons for hours :D 

I need my completion rate back - Update 12

8035072904.jpg

(boring trophy pics are boring)

After completing Operation Abyss, I went back to Ar Nosurge. I had to wander for at least an hour before finding out what I was supposed to do. This was the first game for the event and I had trouble remembering where I had left the story. I guess I'm not that far from the end since my characters are lvl 70-ish. A character from the first Ar Tonelico game has made a comeback and it felt quite nostalgic. And I've finally encountered a cosmosphere that was as good as those of the previous games. 

• Like 3

Hey, people. I just wanted you to know that I'm leaving this site for good or for the time being, so that you don't end up wondering where I'm off to.

I've posted my exact reasoning in a really long post in my own event, but if you don't wanna read that I just want all of you to know that this is a completely personal problem of mine, and that you're still one of, if not the best community out there, and I'll be missing all of you. 

@xFalionxBummer to hear that man, good luck on your journey. 

Since my last post Knytt Underground, Nova-111, and I Am Alive 100%. 

Terraria: Killed Plantera so two bosses left. Completely explored, looted, and removed Traps from the Lihzahrd Temple. So now I'm ready to go kill the Golem. Got my final NPC and I'm only missing an Ice Machine for the Crafty trophy. 

I was gathering up potions and armor for the Golem fight when I got my first Solar Eclipse. Made it through the night just fine The first Reaper I killed dropped a Death sickle. I was able to reformed it to add a Superior modifier, which is fantastic. It counts as a melee weapon so I can wear stronger armor and get melee buffs, but it shoots a sickle projectile through walls that hovers and wrecks shop for a second. :dance: Gonna head down there tonight and whoop his ass with my new toy.

33/39 trophies. (earned one this morning. Will use Yuri for 2 trophies - armors and pets.)

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Hey, people. I just wanted you to know that I'm leaving this site for good or for the time being, so that you don't end up wondering where I'm off to.

I've posted my exact reasoning in a really long post in my own event, but if you don't wanna read that I just want all of you to know that this is a completely personal problem of mine, and that you're still one of, if not the best community out there, and I'll be missing all of you. 

You'll be missed around these parts but more importantly, good for you in addressing your situation. Most people aren't that strong to recognize a problem, and then actually seek a solution. My hats off to you and I wish you luck in reshaping your future.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Will use Yuri for 2 trophies - armors and pets.)

This sounds so wrong. xD

A small update for me:
Tried the online mode of Worms 2: Armageddon to get some of the misc trophies (the pleasure of self-boosting ^_^ ) and as it seems rather doable overall I might clear that up at least. Also surpassed one big milestone yesterday. My completion is back to a value higher than the starting value for KYC1. I'm currently at 71.94% and it was 71.92% back then. :dance: As I'm currently trying to finish up some games (mainly AC 3 and Dirt Showdown) it's likely that it will stay above that value.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Myu said:

my PS4 controller is not recognized by my PS3 anymore

Huh. I hope there wasn't some kind of update that broke the ability to use a DS4 on the PS3 or something. @Avatar_Of_Battle mentioned it not working with Bleach: Soul Resurreccion, and I assumed it was just incompatible with that game. Haven't used mine with the PS3 since I played Skullgirls. 

35 minutes ago, Myu said:

I tried to go back to The Awakened Fate blah-blah yesterday and I had the pleasant surprise to discover that my PS4 controller is not recognized by my PS3 anymore when it was perfectly fine two days ago. I'll have to find a way around that. 

26 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Huh. I hope there wasn't some kind of update that broke the ability to use a DS4 on the PS3 or something. @Avatar_Of_Battle mentioned it not working with Bleach: Soul Resurreccion, and I assumed it was just incompatible with that game. Haven't used mine with the PS3 since I played Skullgirls. 

If Myu has been using it wirelessly it may just be as simple as setting it up to work wirelessly again. I know I had to do it a few times for a couple reasons such as plugging into a wall charger because of the distance being too great for the cord, or switching the cord to the 2nd socket for some reason stopped it working sometimes. If it's wired then I really don't know what's causing it. @Myu is the system allowing you to move through the XMB menu with the DS4?

In my case, the controller works fine wired or wirelessly, and I even attempted to try Bleach with our second DS4. I just think the game is incompatible with the controller. I get the weird feeling it's because the main menu says "press the start button" and the DS4 doesn't have a true start button. Most other games I've played ignore that by pressing :cross: or the Options button on a DS4. Not Bleach though lol. But scrolling around the XMB menu, Netflix, and other non-Bleach related things still work.

EDIT:

Also, I am not aware of any update for the ps3 so I don't think it's that. I can't even remember the last time we had an update lol.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Myu said:

I need my completion rate back - Update 13

I completed Ar Nosurge a few days ago and then took a little break from all the grinding. I feel like I've done nothing but grinding for the past month.

I'm left with Dokuro, The Guided Fate Paradox, Hyper Nepnep Rebirth 2 and The Awakened Ultimatum. I tried to go back to The Awakened Fate blah-blah yesterday and I had the pleasant surprise to discover that my PS4 controller is not recognized by my PS3 anymore when it was perfectly fine two days ago. I'll have to find a way around that. 

Operation Babel will be released in a few days and I'll probably momentarily stop trying to get my completion rate back as I make my way through this much awaited game. 

You'll be grinding away again in Nepnep Re;Birth2. Dokuro isn't TOO bad.

Edited by Edunstar84

12 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

If Myu has been using it wirelessly it may just be as simple as setting it up to work wirelessly again. I know I had to do it a few times for a couple reasons such as plugging into a wall charger because of the distance being too great for the cord, or switching the cord to the 2nd socket for some reason stopped it working sometimes. If it's wired then I really don't know what's causing it. @Myu is the system allowing you to move through the XMB menu with the DS4?

In my case, the controller works fine wired or wirelessly, and I even attempted to try Bleach with our second DS4. I just think the game is incompatible with the controller. I get the weird feeling it's because the main menu says "press the start button" and the DS4 doesn't have a true start button. Most other games I've played ignore that by pressing :cross: or the Options button on a DS4. Not Bleach though lol. But scrolling around the XMB menu, Netflix, and other non-Bleach related things still work.

EDIT:

Also, I am not aware of any update for the ps3 so I don't think it's that. I can't even remember the last time we had an update lol.

When I first tried to connect my PS4 controller a few weeks ago, I did everything I could think of and can't really remember what worked and what didn't but the controller ended up working fine when it was wired. Wireless only worked in the XMB menu though and the light on it was always blue when I was playing. 

Then one morning, as I wanted to play Ar Nosurge (and it worked just fine the day before) the controller stayed blue when I was in the XMB menu and I could launch the game with it but the light just turned yellow and then shut off as the game started. I tried again several times and it kept doing the same thing. 

What is also weird is that I had switched to the PS4 controller because the PS3 one was not working properly with the Awakened Fate Ultimatum since it kept scrolling down on every menu screen. But I was able to complete Ar Nosurge with it without any problems whatsoever. 

I don't know, maybe in a few days it will work just fine without any reason. 

It's too bad the next event hasn't started already because I fired up Neverwinter and got the first trophy and this game alone lowered my completion rate from 86.49% to 85.27%. It's pretty good so far, definitely leaps and bounds ahead of the last Dungeons and Dragons game I played (on the Commodore 64) and it even loads up slightly faster. ?

Edited by mking_63
  • Like 1

On 05/05/2017 at 9:27 PM, Edunstar84 said:

You'll be grinding away again in Nepnep Re;Birth2. Dokuro isn't TOO bad.

I'm bracing myself for that 100 million trophy. I only have 2 millions at the moment, don't know how I'm gonna get to 100 mil yet. 

Congrats on your Dokuro plat! :D 

13 hours ago, mking_63 said:

It's too bad the next event hasn't started already because I fired up Neverwinter and got the first trophy and this game alone lowered my completion rate from 86.49% to 85.27%. It's pretty good so far, definitely leaps and bounds ahead of the last Dungeons and Dragons game I played (on the Commodore 64) and it even loads up slightly faster. 1f603.png

I still need to replenish my stock of unstarted games! I only have FF Type-0 and Stein;Gate 0 at the moment. I bought two more games on PlayAsia yesterday though. 

And my backlog is still not cleared of the games I started in the last event :) Give me a little more time! :P  

• Like 2

I need my completion rate back - Update 14

5102960805.jpg

I unlocked all the endings, recruited all the Oracles and got everyone to lvl99.

Now the real fun begins! 

I need my completion rate back - Update 15

3370851005.jpg

Every trophy has now popped, except for that Stella's dungeon trophy that is still in the hands of the RNG Gods. The grind to 100 mil credits was not that bad and less annoying than in Rebirth 1 (or, I've developed a higher tolerance to grinding, I don't know). 

To get the plat, the only thing left is to check regularly if Stella has made any progress in her very useless progression. 

I'm going back to the Awakened Fate Ultimatum now, and hopefully my PS4 controller will have pity on me and start working again on PS3. 

Edited by Myu
  • Like 4

I need my completion rate back - Update 16

5737051L078d00.png

4556641405.jpg

HyperNepNep 2 is finally over. I still have three games to complete but I will probably take a little break from all the grind on the 19th to play Operation Babel.  

Let's see if I can plat The Awakened Fate Ultimatum before that :P 

• Like 3