Kill Your Completion v3. 0

On 4/14/2017 at 3:28 PM, Hemiak said:

I think I wasn't clear. I'd just run the one thread, but give the participants the option to choose their level of participation. Much less hassle that way. 

Edit: I replied before reading the rest of the comments. :facepalm:

Looks like the popular opinion is to just wait for July and do it all at once. Still not sure whether it'll be 5 in 15 days, or 5 over 30 days. 

I'm up for the game - both lite and premium. It really helps breaking my unnecessary set of rules for trophy hunting. So, count me in both ways - May + June or May x2 (I might do both premium and lite simultaneously!).

As for my recovery from last KYC - I platinumed both Warband and Carmageddon. I even made it to the fastest achievers on Mount&Blade! I'm second on that leaderboard for fastest 100%!

happy-gof.gif

Though, if not for the requirement to launch my next game (Banner Saga), I would end up first, I guess. But that's what losers say, isn't it? So I'm not gonna complain, just embrace my awesomeness of second place.

Anyhows, wanted to plat Godzilla next, but made myself a promise to plat XCOM for 50th plat milestone. Who wouldn't like "You win" trophy for that B)? But that forces me to play game three more times. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but even the strongest love has an expiry date :D.

• Like 3

Seems like everybody has been busy working on their games which is great, you guys talk too much usually. :P

I earned the Plat for Greg Hastings Paintball 2 the other night. Game was pretty good if not amazing. Definitely a different experience, and not ridiculously hard. It did have a few spikes but nothing a few restarts and some creative strategizing couldn't solve. Plus it's another UR Plat in the bag, which was really the main reason I bought it to begin with. 

I played a night of TLOU from KYC2, but it's a little intense for Mim at bed time. So last night I went back to I Am Alive and made some good progress... Before realizing I neglected to re-rescue a victim after I had to restart a checkpoint. :facepalm: I lost about 5 chapters and probably 45 min of work, though it won't take me near that long to get back to the same spot. I'll probably have a good bit more supplies when I get back as well, since I have strategies for all the fights now. 

The annoying thing is that every guide has you rescuing the victims in a different order, so you really just need to pick one and stick with it. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Hemiak, Is Epic Mickey that bad? I have the game in my backlog. Bought it 'cause it looked fun. If it's not, I will happily take it off my list.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TaintedByThePreview

epic_mickey_preview_edited.jpg

Above: Epic Mickey. 
Below: "Meh"pic Mickey.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Edunstar84 said:

@Hemiak, Is Epic Mickey that bad? I have the game in my backlog. Bought it 'cause it looked fun. If it's not, I will happily take it off my list.

I probably just got into it for the wrong reasons. I'm not a huge cartoon or even Mickey fan at all. Got it because it's UR and supposed to be challenging. It isn't actually hard, but the Plat is a nightmare. You basically have to constantly be following several guides, and the game likes to troll you and lock you out of necessary things...then auto save. 

It's not horrible by any means and if you're actually into Mickey it might even be good. I just kept falling asleep and really didn't enjoy a minute of it. My kids seem to enjoy it if that means anything, though they usually play other stuff given the chance. 

(disclaimer: I played this right after Terraria and really didn't want to play anything else. Take that for what it's worth.)

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, MStalker58 said:

I'm still burnt out on racing games (probably due to Grid Autosport)

Call me crazy but I'm still about the fence to get this. I didn't take the opportunity to grab it from the IGC when it was part of it as I thought it would be too similar to Grid 2, which I only played the trial back in 2013 and I didn't like it at that point, only to buy that during a sale and platting it as I enjoyed it much more. xD

But as I know that the online is a big grind, I have to hope that the digital version goes on sale so I don't have to buy two copies of the game. :ninja: 

On a sidenote:

Might also do a short recap of all my KYC-games and all I have to say is I'm glad that I finally have a completion rate where any new game won't bring me below 71% again, when I stick to playing it. I wonder how long it will take me to be finally back at my starting completion rate for event 1: 71.92%.

Edited by Crimson Idol

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth definitely has its hooks in me. :/ This may be another game elevated to :platinum: status, after the fact. Wasn't expecting the story to be as engrossing as it is, and it's fun as hell to play. The only bad thing is... there is a ton of RNG involved for trophies. 

I needed items from having my Digimon in the Farm search for some. This required saving less than a minute before they were done, and reloading my save if I didn't get the item I wanted. There are a number of medal machines, and the medal you get out of one is completely random. So, hours were spent on that, just mindlessly mashing the :cross: button, and checking to see if I had 30 different ones every so often.. And then there are more medals randomly dropped by enemies. 

So, yeah, this one is taking awhile. But on the bright side, my completion is back to what it was at the start of this event. ^_^

• Like 1

I need my completion rate back - Update 9

2686452104.jpg

After wandering for a few hours while trying to find what I was supposed to do, I decided to check the Japanese wiki and things went smoothly after that. 

I got the 300.000 GP trophy, I used all Unity Skills, I created a Monk and a Conjurer and I progressed quite a bit through the story. I probably need to grind a few more levels before continuing because of that giant skull head that's instant-killing my characters. 

• Like 4

Finished up the main story of I Am Alive last night. Was able to get all the other stuff along the way so the only one left us for completing the game on Survivor difficulty. I might of that eventually but it'll probably be a while. 11/12 trophies 

In Terraria I killed The Wall of Flesh two nights ago so I've officially begun hard mode and boy is it a step up. I now have a pickaxe of the 2nd highest tier so I can mine almost anything now. I've also made. The highest tier anvil so I can build better quality equipment, though I haven't found enough ore to upgrade my armor set yet.

I've decided I don't really care enough about the world I'm in to bother corruption proofing it, which would take several hours. Just kind of aimlessly wandering and looking for better ores to upgrade my equipment because things can go south really fast on hard mode. 21/39 trophies. 

I'm now back over my initial starting % for KYC3, which is the first time I've made it back fully after an event. 

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 4

On 4/19/2017 at 2:16 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Call me crazy but I'm still about the fence to get this. I didn't take the opportunity to grab it from the IGC when it was part of it as I thought it would be too similar to Grid 2, which I only played the trial back in 2013 and I didn't like it at that point, only to buy that during a sale and platting it as I enjoyed it much more. xD

But as I know that the online is a big grind, I have to hope that the digital version goes on sale so I don't have to buy two copies of the game. :ninja: 

what-are-you-crazy.png

Seriously, the actual game was decent enough. I'm not a big fan of sim racing (not sure if these games are considered sim but whatever you call realistic cars on realistic tracks) but it was pretty good I guess. Haven't played Grid 2 so can't compare them. The online is just a soul crushing grind. Basically for a few months any gaming time was devoted to driving a circle for a minute, wait in the menus, drive the same circle over and over again for 100-200 hours. Sounds like you have 2 PS3's which would save some time and make it less of a pain since you can do it at your own pace. Good luck..but you are crazy. :)

• Like 1