This game is really great fun

euantp_

15 minutes ago, de_digibeet said:

Well, I totally hate it. I've won 2 matches out of 13 so far, and my 2nd win only happened because my opponent somehow left. I guess I'm just super terrible at this, and that doesn't help in it being fun.

Did you start with the tutorials ?

Maybe I met you, I beat 7 times in a row an opponent that kept coming back for it  xD

Yeah, that's what I hate most about this game. Such selfishness is stimulated. It's also a clash of a total different way to play this game. I don't find it fun, I'm in it for the trophies, and all I do is lose, quite frustrating. People who just want to win over and over probably find me an easy target, and I find them annoying for not spreading/sharing possible enjoyment. There is also the factor of waiting a very long time before the game finally does hook me up with anyone.

I did finish the tutorials first, I found them vague and hard to remember. Especially the advanced tutorials, whenever I passed one it felt like I did something random that the game recognized as being the objective, which I thought I was trying to do all the time, but somehow it never ever counted before.

4 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

Can someone answer this for me? Is it online only or can some of the trophies be obtained offline?

The 50 wins trophy has to be obtained online with random players, the 2vs2 win trophy needs to be played online with random players or invite a friend who also has two controllers. The tutorials are gotten in the tutorials and the rest can be gotten in offline single player split screen mode.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, de_digibeet said:

The 50 wins trophy has to be obtained online with random players, the 2vs2 win trophy needs to be played online with random players or invite a friend who also has two controllers. The tutorials are gotten in the tutorials and the rest can be gotten in offline single player split screen mode.

Thanks, I figured the 50 wins was online but wasn't sure of the rest. I may give it a try. If I can break away from horizon Zero Dawn.

Yes, this game is pretty good. Only thing that really sucks is that it takes forever to find people to play, especially on 2 v 2. Not sure if I'm going to keep playing after 50 wins.Maybe if they fix the match making this game has some more longevity. 

Oh and I think I have 8 wins and pretty much same amount of losses. So there's still lot to do before 100%.

Are people just going to compare everything that tries to be new to rocket league? The game is pretty cool, the developers did well considering their size, but it won't be the next RL. It will be the next hardware rivals, a game everyone enjoyed, got their trophies, then dropped.

• Like 1

Its a fun game, but it needs more features as it currently feels like a Beta and I doubt the community will be around for long if they don't add features.

Gameplay in every respect is excellent. But we need leagues or a ranking system, maybe a level up system, I would like replays on good scores, also just a few different coloured stadiums would be nice too. Also a stat tracker. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Superbuu3 said:

Its a fun game, but it needs more features as it currently feels like a Beta and I doubt the community will be around for long if they don't add features.

Gameplay in every respect is excellent. But we need leagues or a ranking system, maybe a level up system, I would like replays on good scores, also just a few different coloured stadiums would be nice too. Also a stat tracker. 

The game was made by two people, give them time to upgrade the game.

Just got my 100%, as I said before, it was not MY cup of tea, but PLEASE, give this game a try, even in a alt account if you care about your completion %. I'm really impressed in what just 2 dudes could do in relative low time. The game as some issues with matchmaking, and being from South America, this didn't do me any favor in finding opponents, but if the developers play his cards right, I can see the game having a little e-sports following.

Overall, It's is not as good as Rocket League, but it is way better than Dead Stars and Hardware: Rivals in the terms of "multiplayer focused PS+ in day 1" games. Also, the 100% took me about 7,5h, with a 50-8 winning record (I kept a tab).

2 hours ago, monseiurpatty said:

The game was made by two people, give them time to upgrade the game.

I can appreciate the difficulty of releasing content on a game with only two people working on it. Given the game was not up for sale on PSN yet though it would have been sensible to hold off a month or so to allow for those things, first impressions are everything. It would be a huge shame for this game to lose its fan base and turn people off if they don't see much at the launch. I'll play a lot for a couple of days and then wait for an update before I jump in again. Like I said though core gameplay is great.

There's a huge number of gamers who won't have the patience to wait or care about this game after launch and games are only supported as long as they have an active player base.

BTW is anyone else getting this annoying glitch where you get put in a doubles game without your party member? Its happened like 3 times its really annoying.

Edited by Superbuu3

1 hour ago, ElBolovo said:

...Also, the 100% took me about 7,5h, with a 50-8 winning record (I kept a tab).

Echoing what this guy said - 4 Hours completion, 50-2 record (lost my first 2 games)...

My only complaint though... since my first 2 losses... i haven't lost a game yet (84 total games)... No one is even putting up much of a fight.

Day 2 of the game being out, que times have dropped in half (if not faster!) Amazing game, Play it, Love it! :D

• Like 1

Just now, SwampGas said:

Play the game, win once with each character (there are 4) - win 50 online games.

/End Guide.

Seriously, it's that easy.

Thanks for the super simple/easy 1 sentence guide :). I'll start next week.  Right now I'm focusing on Severed. I think you just set a record for shortest guide. :D

Just now, marvelboy10 said:

I think you just set a record for shortest guide. :D

Haha, i wasn't trying to, just a very simple trophy list with very little effort needed to achieve them all. :P (Start to finish it took me 4 hours (with a good hour break in the middle).

10 hours ago, EpicNogg4 said:

I do agree with you, they need to upgrade there servers ASAP if they want to keep people interested. I definitely wouldn't spend anymore than $5 on this game, once I get my 100% I don't see myself playing anymore, it is a fun game but will get old after awhile.

I dont see it being a server issue as say a lack of players issue. Everyone has to remember that it came out yesterday (On a Tuesday) People work/School and may not get to play it at all until the weekend (or whenever their day off is.)

On that note it was a 5-minute wait yesterday for games... but today the most i've waited is 2 minutes... Been cranking out games (and having to find new people to play against because no one likes playing me a 2nd or 3rd time :(...)

Give the game time (It's a day 1 FREE release for PS+.)

• Like 1

I just might be terribly bad at the game, but I really don't like some of the mechanics. It's a cool game don't get me wrong, but for me to find a game like this good I have to have at least a few hours of enjoyment before I get frustrated to no end and that's not the case here. The :cross: button simultaneously being used for a regular throw and a block or supercharge isn't that great in my opinion. I fumbled the disc more times trying to get a perfect throw than actually getting a perfect throw. The slide move is seriously overrated, I did better in the matches were I didn't slide at all. And lastly the few people I've played against made me wonder how 3 minute matches can make me dislike someone. Either they're abusing the communication system spamming ridiculous sh*t or they're using their taunt constantly (I know that aggravating me is what a taunt is supposed to do, but come on. Though that one dude that missed a throw because he was busy taunting was golden)

2 hours ago, FFHannibal said:

...The slide move is seriously overrated, I did better in the matches were I didn't slide at all...

This is correct (take it from someone with a 92 win streak....) Sliding is used to cover a distance in quicker form... only use it as a last resort if you aren't going to reach the disc.

People that slide on every play are very easy to beat, they may 'cover more ground' but their throws are weak and positions are terrible... easy to counter.

• Like 1