Danganronpa V3 your thougths

• 6 months later...
On 3/8/2017 at 3:24 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Wrong section :awesome:

I'm not that hyped for V3, for some I don't feel this installment is going to be as good as previous ones.

After finishing the game, all I can say to your statement is "SORE WA CHIGAU YO!"

Danganronpa V3 did something very few games would even try to attempt. It did the most riskiest thing they ever could've done with the story. It's incredibly infuriating, yet immensely satisfying. Never has any medium made me feel this conflicted my entire life. There's no middle ground to this game; either people will love it or hate it for what it has done to the series. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GoldenDevilGamer said:

After finishing the game, all I can say to your statement is "SORE WA CHIGAU YO!"

Danganronpa V3 did something very few games would even try to attempt. It did the most riskiest thing they ever could've done with the story. It's incredibly infuriating, yet immensely satisfying. Never has any medium made me feel this conflicted my entire life. There's no middle ground to this game; either people will love it or hate it for what it has done to the series. 

Ohohohohoho, now that's how you sell a game =D

Now I'm interested =D Though... for reason I feel I may actually end up in the hate half, lol =D

2 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Ohohohohoho, now that's how you sell a game =D

Now I'm interested =D Though... for reason I feel I may actually end up in the hate half, lol =D

Whether you love it or whether you hate it, the ending is worth experiencing. I'm sure that even if you hate it, you'll be able to still appreciate the fact that Kodaka had the balls to do something different with the series. 

1 hour ago, GoldenDevilGamer said:

Whether you love it or whether you hate it, the ending is worth experiencing. I'm sure that even if you hate it, you'll be able to still appreciate the fact that Kodaka had the balls to do something different with the series. 

Well, I didn't appreciate what he did to Dangan 3 anime...

I'll see :D

3 hours ago, GoldenDevilGamer said:

I can definitely see why fans are so divided. I thought it was absolutely genius! It was offputting at first, but as things proceeded, I grew to really love it. Think of the most Danganronpa ending you can imagine, and they somehow out-Danganronpa that. It's weird, unsettling, and equal parts brilliant!

Had they played it safe, and gone a similar route, this game might've been pretty forgettable. In the end, it produced one of the most memorable twists/endings I've ever seen in any game ever.

On 10/3/2017 at 2:02 AM, GoldenDevilGamer said:

I don't know what to think or feel rn. And that's a... good thing?

tenor.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I thought the ending was pretty genius, but I can see why others disliked it. No matter what you thought of the ending, can't you appreciate the rest of the game and the others in the series as the glorious pieces of fiction they are? Beating DRV3 didn't change my thoughts on the series at all. It's still one of my all time favourites and probably always will be.

Having beaten it last week, i'm still not sure what to think of the ending. I liked it and hated it at the same time, it was weird - But it's DR after all. Looking forward to see how they go forward with this.

The ending aside, the game had some really good moments and a great cast of ultimate students as well. Definitely a worthy entry in the DR series. 

On 10/24/2017 at 2:00 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I thought the ending was pretty genius, but I can see why others disliked it. No matter what you thought of the ending, can't you appreciate the rest of the game and the others in the series as the glorious pieces of fiction they are? Beating DRV3 didn't change my thoughts on the series at all. It's still one of my all time favourites and probably always will be.

The ending left me with mixed feelings, but I loved the game so much all the same. And Danganronpa (the entire franchise) remains my favorite video game series.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Gamesareify said:

Help me with Treasure Hunter Monolith. Seems like this trophy is gonna prevent me from getting this platinum.

That's probabbly the hardest trophy, it requires so much luck.

My strat was to take pictures of screen and take my time thinking my next move but it still took me hours and I just got lucky and spammed on a blink of rage and I made it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PixelatedPortal said:

That's probabbly the hardest trophy, it requires so much luck.

My strat was to take pictures of screen and take my time thinking my next move but it still took me hours and I just got lucky and spammed on a blink of rage and I made it.

Thank you for the help. Seems like taking my time is the best option. I'll get this trophy in no time.

On 4.11.2017 at 4:31 PM, Gamesareify said:

I got the message being told in chapter 6 but it was dragging out to long. The repetitive moment was when they kept repeating "fiction fiction fiction". The way the ending was executed was ass.

Finished the game about an hour ago. I am still unsure, what I should think about it, but the way you say it, is really spot-on. When first the plottwist was told, I was surprised and kinda liked it. It was unexpected and risky and I love it when games just take such risks with their stories. But while progressing through the rest of the trial I became more and more annoyed and wanted it to be over with. I guess, that my mood fell down was because of exactly what you said. They kept repeating the same all over. And over. And over. And that was just way over the top. It was simply an overreaction and that made the ending worse than it could have been. 
Anyhow, I still don't know what to think about it. It is kinda a good way to say goodbye to the whole DR franchise with the last chapter being called

Spoiler

"goodbye Danganronpa" and this whole Go out with a bang stuff.

But somehow I had wished for a better ending to the whole thing. Even though, I actually hope that there never will be a new DR game, simply because it would take all meaning from the V3 ending and the message told within it. I would like to have a new game, but I definitely don't wish to ruin the ending of V3 more than it is already ruined. (At least for some of us)

• Like 1

I loved the first 2, 1 more than 2, but I'm not really engaged in this one

I didnt have much hype at all for this one, I bought it on release, I've done chapter 1 but I'm not too engaged with it. It maybe the game, the characters I dont know ¬_¬ 

Could be me, Could be Ijust want to play something a bit easier on to get into after I get home from work.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished the story and i thought i should throw my two cents. I can't use the spoiler tag so i'm trying to behave myself to the fulliest by not including any major ones.

I loved the ending regardless of the flaws pointed out already. I still can't grasp the whole thing but in the end it made me feel..unclean, if you watched the ending you obviously know why. Yet i have no objection on seeing a new entry, last tidbit was obviously sequel-bait but it also might not be. Anyways, Spike Chunsoft took a risk most of the game companies would never take, so it deserves admiration even if just for that.

As a finale to my two cents, i would like to ask myself; Is Danganronpa still one of best series in my own opinion while putting the ending of V3 aside *and* with it? The answer is the truth.

• Like 2

On 23/11/2017 at 7:28 PM, YaoiGod said:

I loved the ending regardless of the flaws pointed out already. I still can't grasp the whole thing but in the end it made me feel..unclean, if you watched the ending you obviously know why. Yet i have no objection on seeing a new entry, last tidbit was obviously sequel-bait but it also might not be. Anyways, Spike Chunsoft took a risk most of the game companies would never take, so it deserves admiration even if just for that.

As a finale to my two cents, i would like to ask myself; Is Danganronpa still one of best series in my own opinion while putting the ending of V3 aside *and* with it? The answer is the truth.

Same, I loved the ending too, purely for the fact that it caught me by surprise, and like you said, it's a risk that most game companies would never take. If they were to create another mainline Danganronpa game, I don't know how they would be able to do it tbh. To me, the ending seemed pretty definitive, although...

It looks like we might be getting another spin-off title similar to Another Episode at the very least:

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/spike-chunsoft-hiring-staff-danganronpa-modeling-texture-creation-mentions-ps4-ps-vita-action

Some people let the ending ruin the whole series for them, but I honestly don't understand that. It's definitely still one of my favourites and I love the old games just as much as I did when I first finished them. ^_^

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I did some research and it seems nobody has mentioned before that there's a One Piece reference in the beginning of Chapter 4. There's a scene where Monophanie keep hitting Monotaro on the head and every time Monotaro seems to turn into a completely different character, indicated by what he says. The second time he's hit he says "Pops... My family... And you... Thank you...for loving me!" That is painfully similar to the scene of Ace's death. I watch a lot of anime but this the most heartbreaking I've ever seen so I instantly remembered it when I read those lines.

• 3 weeks later...

*Unpopular Opinion*

I was not a big fan of the Danganronpa games at all. I cannot get into the game series. I find it to extremely boring and overrated. I really did not liked it. I like Ace Attorney better than the Danganronpa series. I'm not going to platinum any of the Danganronpa games on PS4/Vita because I didn't really enjoyed the game.

Edited by GarbledFlask54
I was playing the demo version of V3 and my little sister who obsessed with the series and making me not getting into the game series anymore and Gain more interest on Ace Attorney even more.
  • Like 1