Call Of Duty: WWII leaked

Azaan60

More Information (Credit to Charlie Intel's site):

A YouTuber, “TheFamilyVideoGamers”, has posted a video of what appears to be leaked images of Call of Duty 2017 concept marketing artwork.

The leaked images show that Call of Duty 2017, developed by Sledgehammer Games, will take place during the World War II era.

IMG_4385.png

IMG_4386.png

IMG_4387.png

IMG_4388.png

IMG_4383.png

55V8FOm.jpg

The images above show artwork that Activision appears to be creating for promotional images and box arts. It also appears that Activision has decided to be straightforward with the naming scheme for the game and call it ‘Call of Duty: WWII’. This would be, probably, the simplest name for a Call of Duty game since before Call of Duty 4.

Activision has not confirmed any of this as of now. Stay tuned.

Thus far, Activision has only confirmed that this year’s title is developed by Sledgehammer and will take ‘Call of Duty back to its roots.’

SOURCE: CALL OF DUTY: WWII (LEAKS)

Edited by MossyOakRcn42

Taking into consideration that this was leaked by the same Reddit user who leaked last year's Call of Duty and was 100 % accurate on that, this could very well be this year's Call of Duty. But we already knew that we were gonna get a world war game, right? Would be absolutely stupid to not make such a game after all that futuristic bullcrap. ^_^

I honestly hope it's not true and that this is fake, just because that box art and poster are ugly as all fuck.

Otherwise, all for it. Still haven't played Infinite Warfare despite grabbing it at midnight launch day for Modern Warfare Remastered. 

I really hope this is true because the "future warfare" style has run its course. There is still plenty of other wars COD can tackle that I don't believe have been touched yet. War of 1812, Civil War, Revolutionary War, Korean War, Gulf War and so on

Let's just hope it turns out to be true! I have to admit Sledgehammer Games did hell of a good work w/ Advanced Warfare, although it was set in the future, and it was the last COD game I played. My favorite COD game is World at War– nine years later, let's hope that this Call of Duty: WWII is real, and is the World War 2 COD game we've all been waiting for!

So they are deciding to go back to the past for COD. It's about time. Now we can all actually enjoy COD games again like we did before. So Battlefield has WW1 and COD has WW2 and 3( if you count the modern warfare series). I wonder what they will do this time. Maybe they'll make campaigns similar to COD classic/ Battlefield 1. They'll have different campaigns from different countries. One for America, one for Russia, one for Germany, one for Japan etc. Either way i'm glad their giving us a blast form the past. These futuristic games didn't have the same emotion compared to the old WW2 genre. 

Edited by marvelboy10

Activision said this year's CoD will go back to the series' roots so this wasn't unexpected, it is nice to see though. Modern Warfare Remastered has been my CoD game this year (I think futuristic CoD games can be great when done right, I thought Blops III was fantastic) so a WWII game will be awesome.

Parker 

I still find it hard to believe that this is real. Cod WW2 seems like such a bad name that I find it hard to believe they would name a game that.

I really want to play a WW2 shooter, but I have been really burned out on FPS games so I don't think I'm going to pick this up on day.

Edited by ratchetdude231

15 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

I still find it hard to believe that this is real. Cod WW2 seems like such a bad name that I find it hard to believe they would name a game that.

I really want to play a WW2 shooter, but I have been really burned out on FPS games so I don't think I'm going to pick this up on day.

Really? I think it's a way better name over Infinite Warfare:facepalm:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Really? I think it's a way better name over Infinite Warfare:facepalm:

Nothing will ever be as bad as Infinite Warfare lol, but you would think they would have a better subtitle then just Call of Duty WW2. It sounds like a codename for a title honestly.

You would think they would have a better name like World at War 2 (Even though that's a Treyarch title and Sledgehammer is making this one) but I don't know it just doesn't seem right to put the setting of your game in the title. 

It almost feels like they are desperate and they are trying to make sure that everyone knows that this game is a return to form for the franchise after the debacle that was Infinite Warfare.

Edited by ratchetdude231

If this is true then I wish it was Treyarch doing it. I want to experience the veteran mode grenade spams on current gen God Help Me

We'll probably end up with supply drops and pointless micro transactions knowing Sledgehammer. So I guess the only thing for me to look forward to is the campaign. I also hope zombies doesn't end up being here this time and something new gets introduced. If this is going to be WW2 then I hope it becomes better than World at War. I've been waiting forever for a boots on ground COD. 

1 minute ago, Matthew said:

If this is true then I wish it was Treyarch doing it. I want to experience the veteran mode grenade spams on current gen God Help Me

We'll probably end up with supply drops and pointless micro transactions knowing Sledgehammer. So I guess the only thing for me to look forward to is the campaign. I also hope zombies doesn't end up being here this time and something new gets introduced. If this is going to be WW2 then I hope it becomes better than World at War. I've been waiting forever for a boots on ground COD. 

Supply drops are what killed the multiplayer component of these games for me. There have been plenty of times where I have considered just stopping buying their games because of it.

I just wish they would look at how Overwatch is doing Microtransactions and just copy that. It's ridiculous that they have brand new weapons in supply drops. Supply drops should be purely cosmetic.

2 minutes ago, ratchetdude231 said:

Supply drops are what killed the multiplayer component of these games for me. There have been plenty of times where I have considered just stopping buying their games because of it.

I just wish they would look at how Overwatch is doing Microtransactions and just copy that. It's ridiculous that they have brand new weapons in supply drops. Supply drops should be purely cosmetic.

Indeed. That's why Modern Warfare Remastered is shit now. Supply drops don't belong in COD, I remember when it was just 4 map packs to spend a tenner on for each one. Although I'm pretty decent at the newer CODs, I don't enjoy them online. The last time I was competitive on COD was MW3, such a good multiplayer. 

15 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

I think CoD should go the path of Assassin's Creed and take some time off. Clearly they are losing more and more fanbase with each iteration at this point

To be fair, fans have been asking for a WW2 shooter for a long time, the series has been losing fans because they continued on with the futuristic shooters which seemingly few people wanted. I think this game has the potential to be very good, we'll see though, I suppose. 

Parker

19 minutes ago, Parker said:

To be fair, fans have been asking for a WW2 shooter for a long time, the series has been losing fans because they continued on with the futuristic shooters which seemingly few people wanted. I think this game has the potential to be very good, we'll see though, I suppose. 

Parker

It really is amazing how much the Cod community hates Infinite Warfare. Most of the Youtubers who usually get early access to multiplayer DLC didn't get it this year with Infinite Warfare simply because their opinions on Infinite Warfare is mostly negative.

I really dislike Infinite Warfare mostly because I don't like a lot of the maps and it feels very unbalanced compared to BO3 but I kinda feel bad for Infinity Ward. It feels like they always get the short end of the stick. If Infinite Warfare had come out in 2015 it wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the amount of hate it got. 

Now the cod Community is begging for the Cod franchise to go back to it's roots. I wonder how long it will be until they start begging for a new kind of cod game and start shitting on the new games for feeling too similar to previous cods. The worst part is that the Cod community will probably love this game and they will love whatever Treyarch does next, but they will shit on the next Infinity Ward game simply because at that point they will probably start complaining about how Cod is the same old same old.

I kinda feel like Activision is making a big mistake by basically forcing all 3 Cod games that are coming in the next 3 years to be boots on the ground classic cod. What they should do in my opinion is give each Cod developer have a different time period and style of gameplay.

For example Sledgehammer could be in charge of making WW2 Cod games, Infinity Ward could be in charge of making modern day cod games and Treyarch could be in charge of making the futuristic cod games with all the crazy movement.

That way they would inject a bit more variety in the Cod cycle, and while each game won't appeal to everyone at least there will be a bit of everything. What I would even do is rather than have each game be on a one year life cycle I would make sure each game from that particular developer gets supported with DLC until the next game from the same developer is released. Right now Infinite Warfare, Cod 4 remastered, and Black Ops 3 are all being supported with new DLC in some shape or form so I don't see why they can't do that going forward.

I feel like the decision to go boots on the ground was reactionary and while it's a smart decision for now I think 2 years from now we will be in the same situation we are right now.

Edited by ratchetdude231