Option to Remove Completed Games From Gaming Sessions = [Use PSNP+]

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

it is very bad to find a game to open a session, and the site requires that you have already played that game registered in the account, this could be improved ...

3 hours ago, kevao97 said:

it is very bad to find a game to open a session, and the site requires that you have already played that game registered in the account, this could be improved ...

It's an intentional feature to try and stop people joining a bunch of sessions they won't/can't actually attend.

You don't even need a trophy earned, just the list on your profile. It's beneficial to you & those you boost with to at least boot the game up and learn the controls before attempting to boost anyway.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, StacFace92 said:

It's an intentional feature to try and stop people joining a bunch of sessions they won't/can't actually attend.

You don't even need a trophy earned, just the list on your profile. It's beneficial to you & those you boost with to at least boot the game up and learn the controls before attempting to boost anyway.

I agree with the first sentence. In fact, having the game registered prevents people who don't have the game from ruining the boost. on the part of learning the commands, this has never been efficient at least for the sessions in which I participated; often those involved do not even know what the trophies are or what to do lol. finally, my criticism of better organization of playlists still persists; I believe there is a huge margin for improvement in this aspect

11 hours ago, kevao97 said:

I also assume this feature is in place to prevent some people from taking up limited spots for boosting sessions that have two slots open. Also, this is helpful if there are separate PS3/PS4/Vita sessions, so only being able to join the PS3 version would help keep people from accidentally joining the PS4 version. While it's annoying at times having to play the game and syncing the 0% trophy list in order to be able to join the session, it's less of a pain than dealing with randoms taking up limited spots in boosting sessions for a game they don't even have. This was an issue when I was using the Boosting Threads back on PSTrophies.org/com.

3 minutes ago, dakk55 said:

I also assume this feature is in place to prevent some people from taking up limited spots for boosting sessions that have two slots open. Also, this is helpful if there are separate PS3/PS4/Vita sessions, so only being able to join the PS3 version would help keep people from accidentally joining the PS4 version. While it's annoying at times having to play the game and syncing the 0% trophy list in order to be able to join the session, it's less of a pain than dealing with randoms taking up limited spots in boosting sessions for a game they don't even have. This was an issue when I was using the Boosting Threads back on PSTrophies.org/com.

Good points, I have to agree. They just need to improve the organization of the lists, this other part seems fair but annoying at times (downloading a game that you haven't registered on the list just to have the option to participate in a session, and participate in a session is not even sure the trophies ...)

13 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Good points, I have to agree. They just need to improve the organization of the lists, this other part seems fair but annoying at times (downloading a game that you haven't registered on the list just to have the option to participate in a session, and participate in a session is not even sure the trophies ...)

Struggling to see the frustration here. If you want to participate in a session you’re gonna need to download the game sooner or later. At most this is accelerating that download process by a couple of days, isn’t it?

12 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Struggling to see the frustration here. If you want to participate in a session you’re gonna need to download the game sooner or later. At most this is accelerating that download process by a couple of days, isn’t it?

You are not understanding. let's say, for example, Binary Domain that I'm participating now. sessions of this game are usually super rare. I was fortunate to have this game downloaded for years until then, but it might not be the case. then a session of a game like this appears and you can’t be present just because you haven’t started it even if you have the game, this applies to several examples, I have hundreds of games and not even half of them registered, you suggest that I download them all and enter each one at least once? did you understand my point? most of the time I see a boost that I'm interested in but I can't participate, I always need to send a private message or post on the session wall something like "I want to participate but I still don't have the game registered so I can't make an official presence" . it is not so difficult to understand my point. I already understood that this is a useful mechanism to avoid spam or whatever, and I agree, I changed my opinion about it, but it continues to affect people like me who have many games

2 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

You are not understanding... I have hundreds of games and not even half of them registered, you suggest that I download them all and enter each one at least once? did you understand my point?

I understood the general point, I didn’t realise you were talking about having hundreds of games that you’ve yet to start playing. Hence the question

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

I already understood that this is a useful mechanism to avoid spam or whatever, and I agree, I changed my opinion about it, but it continues to affect people like me who have many games

If you're looking for spontaneous boosting, then yes I can understand why this would be a bit hard because Sessions are designed to plan ahead of time and coordinate how to play together. I would say first figure out the games you want to boost and make sessions for those so that you'll find people to play with, but your approach of just looking through all the boosting sessions, even for games you don't have on your profile is going to seem like like they're not designed for that, because they're definitely not.

30 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If you're looking for spontaneous boosting, then yes I can understand why this would be a bit hard because Sessions are designed to plan ahead of time and coordinate how to play together. I would say first figure out the games you want to boost and make sessions for those so that you'll find people to play with, but your approach of just looking through all the boosting sessions, even for games you don't have on your profile is going to seem like like they're not designed for that, because they're definitely not.

the listings area could be improved don't you think? or I’m doing something wrong. is there a filter for "games I own"? because when I need to open a session it is always a pain to find the right game, I believe that when you enter a game page there should be a session option there, that already exists and I am forgetting something? I'm seeing SoulCalibur 2 HD right now from my list. I can participate in ready-made sessions, but there is no option to create my own session if I wish.

6 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

the listings area could be improved don't you think? or I’m doing something wrong. is there a filter for "games I own"? because when I need to open a session it is always a pain to find the right game, I believe that when you enter a game page there should be a session option there, that already exists and I am forgetting something? I'm seeing SoulCalibur 2 HD right now from my list. I can participate in ready-made sessions, but there is no option to create my own session if I wish.

Games you own should be your default view when you load Sessions and creating a session should list every game you have on your profile.  If you can’t see a game listed when you try to create a session and it’s definitely on your profile, the only problem I’ve found previously is people not using the given name. For example all the people saying they needed to start boosting threads for Man of Medan because it wouldn’t show up in sessions, when it’s not called Man of Medan, it’s called Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan. 

You have SoulCaliber II HD Online on your profile so you should see that as an option to create a session when you click Create Session. 

Yeah, this is really annoying, should really have an official feature for this, I imagine it's really easy to code too.

Also, as some people have stated above, not being able to join or make a gaming session for a game you own is a pain. The number of times I've seen an open gaming session while I was out but by the time I get home to download the game but the session was already full is more than zero. It's really annoying.