Hardest Platinum You've had in 2012?

SGibeaver4444

Mine would probably be ragnarok odyssey. it wasnt really that hard or time consuming, but playing with assholes from time to time really made me want to throw my vita at the wall. which I luckily didnt.

Also maybe Battlefield 3. Again, this wasnt really hard but it was a big grind.

Probably Shadow of the Colossus, with Spec Ops taking 2nd. (FUBAR difficulty was hair rippingly frustrating.... disclaimer: I never ACTUALLY ripped out my hair)

Colossus time trials on hard where a bit of a nightmare. Luckily I had my PS2 experience to fall back on. The lizards and fruit where something I'd never done on PS2 though, nor had I ever climbed the shrine, so some challenges were new.

• Like 1

3D Dot Game Heroes for me. I stupidly stopped playing the game because I knew the platinum would be hard. Then I was looking through my backlog and thought to myself "that is a stupid reason not to play a game"

I ended up enjoying the game so much I played it 3 times in a row :P and got the platinum (after doing those stupid mini games :shakefist: )

• Like 4

3D Dot Game Heroes for me. I stupidly stopped playing the game because I knew the platinum would be hard. Then I was looking through my backlog and thought to myself "that is a stupid reason not to play a game"

I ended up enjoying the game so much I played it 3 times in a row :P and got the platinum (after doing those stupid mini games :shakefist: )

Pfft. You obviously forgot about EA Sports Active 2 :pimp:

My hardest earned platinum of 2012 was Payday: The Heist. Looking back, I think I went about some things the hard way. :|

It was still a great game and I'll definitely be getting the sequel.

I'd also like to give Blur an honorable mention. I had originally given up up this game two years ago because of the difficulty. Finally picked it back up a couple months ago to get all the mp trophies before the servers closed and just went all the way with it. Man, those destruction events were a pain. :shakefist:

• Like 2

I can't really decide between these 4.

Little Deviants ( controls were awful)

Ghost Recon Future Soldier ( had to boost the crap out of it and it had bad online servers)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (Extreme difficulty bosses as well as VR/alternative missions)

Devil May Cry 3 ( 6 playthroughs but it got easy after Dante must die)

Edited by A-Brawl3r

My hardest plat of 2012 was Payday: The Heist. I had some frustration sessions with My Partners in Crime Nasty_Rory, Rowdi and Beautifull torment :D and my 2 other partners Dnerok and Green.. And even after the plat, we did the harder part and got The Gold Mask. That shit was hard, frustration, sweat and tears. But it was all worth it since i made some fantastic friends :lol:

I have to mention Mortal Kombat also, it was hard at first, but when i got better I nailed that game, won most of the online games i played and kept on going.

Edit:

My hardest earned platinum of 2012 was Payday: The Heist. Looking back, I think I went about some things the hard way. :|

It was still a great game and I'll definitely be getting the sequel.

Same xD

Edited by Sir Malik
  • Like 1

Hard to say, since 5 of them (Blur, Shift 2, Disgaea 4, Star Ocean 4 and Wipeout HD) where fairly hard, where I had my doubts I would ever get them... but in the end I think Wipeout HD was the hardest, or at least the one that took more of my sleep wile doing it (stupid Elite Campaign Legend and the last set of events needed for it...), even Star Ocean 4 wasn't that bad and took me nearly 600 hours over 2+ years... Blur was hard when I stop playing it for the 1st time but only needed 3 or 4 days after getting back to it, Shift 2 wasn't bad mainly because I boosted the hard part and Disgaea 4, was a bit of a grind but also not as bad as SO4..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 2