Darksiders III Coming 2018

Shadiochao

1 hour ago, Jun_Kazama316 said:

The second one is the better one in my opinion it had a bit more to offer game play wise and had a lot more extra side content.  And i'm sure the third will be a great game too.

I hope the whip is more like Bayonetta's whip from Bayonetta 2.

Sounds good. I might get the PS4 version (I think I read that the PS3 version is impossible to plat?).

13 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

It was known that the Fury was female and wielded a whip for a long time, maybe even since the first game. I remember seeing her in the comic that was packed with the first game's SE or something.

Yes, I was just kinda hoping that they'd change it since THQ shut down. But alas, it was not to be, what was to be was several people pointing it out. Either way, I doubt I'll be playing it, so my opinion doesn't matter.

Hey, in the wake of this reveal a bundle just surfaced on the psn : Darksiders: Fury's Collection - War and Death

Contains Darksiders Warmastered and Darksiders 2 Deathinitive Edition for 20€ !

Edited by darkbeuh

4 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm hoping Strife will get his own game and then the 4 riders all join together for the final clash in a 5th game.

I've been saying this was the plan since they announced II.  Also think the last game will support coop campaign.  But I'm a dreamer so sue me.  So excited that its finally announced tho.  Hope its as great as the others.  I really enjoyed both.

6 minutes ago, acedragons said:

I've been saying this was the plan since they announced II.  Also think the last game will support coop campaign.  But I'm a dreamer so sue me.  So excited that its finally announced tho.  Hope its as great as the others.  I really enjoyed both.

If we're going to have a co-op game, I'd like the timeline to be this:

Darksiders I - ends on big cliffhanger

Darksiders II - Runs alongside Darksiders I showing the events Death goes through

Darksiders III - Runs alongside Darksiders I showing the events Fury goes through

Darksiders IV - Runs alongside Darksiders I showing the events Strife goes through

Darksiders V - Finally continuing from Darksiders I, all the horsemen have finally come together for the climax in a co-op game

Darksiders VI - ??? Profit

This way we get a whole game to get introduced to each individual character, it'd be rather unfair on Strife to be introduced in a co-op game when his brethren each got a whole game dedicated solely to them.

Although it'd be pretty neat if V wasn't co-op and you alternated between each horsemen's gameplay style during the game.

Edited by madbuk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, madbuk said:

If we're going to have a co-op game, I'd like the timeline to be this:

Darksiders I - ends on big cliffhanger

Darksiders II - Runs alongside Darksiders I showing the events Death goes through

Darksiders III - Runs alongside Darksiders I showing the events Fury goes through

Darksiders IV - Runs alongside Darksiders I showing the events Strife goes through

Darksiders V - Finally continuing from Darksiders I, all the horsemen have finally come together for the climax in a co-op game

Darksiders VI - ??? Profit

This way we get a whole game to get introduced to each individual character, it'd be rather unfair on Strife to be introduced in a co-op game when his brethren each got a whole game dedicated solely to them.

Although it'd be pretty neat if V wasn't co-op and you alternated between each horsemen's gameplay style during the game.

Darksiders VI - Samael plays all sides and takes over after the war.

10 minutes ago, acedragons said:

Spoiler

I'm hoping if there's a 5th game, the final bosses will be the 4 horsemen vs the Charred Council.

5 hours ago, Asvinia said:

I am wary of this, I already don't like that one of them is female, but that they're actually going with 'Fury' and not Pestilence or Conquest/Famine makes it a bit 'meh' to me.

It'll be interesting to see a whip weapon though, don't get many of those.

And why is it Fury shouldn't be a woman? The Book of Revelation does not give a specific gender for any of the Four Horsemen.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tohru Kobayashi said:

And why is it Fury shouldn't be a woman? The Book of Revelation does not give a specific gender for any of the Four Horsemen.

It shouldn't be "Fury" in the first place.

Plus it is very likely the gender would have been specified had it not been male, given the time this stuff was written.

Edited by fastflowdaman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fastflowdaman said:

It shouldn't be "Fury" in the first place.

Again, why not? This is Nordic's vision, not an adaptation of the Book of Revelation. They have no obligation to be 100% faithful to the Christian writings.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tohru Kobayashi said:

That's not true actually:

"I looked, and behold, a white horse, and he who sat on it had a bow"

"And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it..."

"I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand."

"I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death;"

- Revelations: 6: various verses, NASB

it actually directly refers to them all as male. But, don't get me wrong, i totally agree that darksiders can do whatever they please with their story, and i actually am really excited about our first female horseman, Fury looks awesome.

Edited by danceswithsloths
Sourcing
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

"I looked, and behold, a black horse; and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand."

"I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death;"

it actually directly refers to them all as male. But, don't get me wrong, i totally agree that darksiders can do whatever they please with their story, and i actually am really excited about our first female horseman, Fury looks awesome.

So did the Book of Revelations never actually name the horsemen? Clearly Death was named, but what about the others?

3 minutes ago, madbuk said:

So did the Book of Revelations never actually name the horsemen? Clearly Death was named, but what about the others?

No it does not, Death is the only named horseman, the other horsemen's names are basically just guesses based off of context. This is why you get different horsemen in different stories like Pestilence/Famine.

Edited by danceswithsloths

Awesome news ?

I really enjoyed this series, and was gutted when THQ went under. I remembered someone picking this up so I'm chuffed to see a 3rd come out. Its made me want to get them on PS4 ready for it.

As far as the woman issue goes, Fury has been a woman from the start of the series. I actually like it.

allfour.jpg

For the trailer, I like the deadly sins idea (Although I'm getting a Dante's Inferno vibe). She looks like a brutal badass and I can't wait to see her gameplay.

I hope though as others have said, that the series goes something like this:

Darksiders 1 - War's Story (and that ending)

Darksiders 2 - Death's Story (During the events of War)

Darksiders 3 - Fury's Story (During the events of War)

Darksiders 4 - Strife's Story (During the events of War)

Darksiders 5 - All horsemen vs the council. Either a full co-op game or the similar party system to the Tales games where they are all together but you can switch control between them 

Either way, I'm happy this series is going to continue

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

- Revelations: 6: various verses, NASB

Oops :P

2 hours ago, Kazeh54 said:

Awesome news 1f601.png

I really enjoyed this series, and was gutted when THQ went under. I remembered someone picking this up so I'm chuffed to see a 3rd come out. Its made me want to get them on PS4 ready for it.

As far as the woman issue goes, Fury has been a woman from the start of the series. I actually like it.

allfour.jpg

For the trailer, I like the deadly sins idea (Although I'm getting a Dante's Inferno vibe). She looks like a brutal badass and I can't wait to see her gameplay.

I hope though as others have said, that the series goes something like this:

Darksiders 1 - War's Story (and that ending)

Darksiders 2 - Death's Story (During the events of War)

Darksiders 3 - Fury's Story (During the events of War)

Darksiders 4 - Strife's Story (During the events of War)

Darksiders 5 - All horsemen vs the council. Either a full co-op game or the similar party system to the Tales games where they are all together but you can switch control between them 

Either way, I'm happy this series is going to continue

i hope they do NOT do co-op in the final game, it would be better suited to remain Single Player then do a separate game utilizing co-op that is in the same world but not part of the main story.