Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

1 hour ago, AmazingNoeder said:

All freedom wars stacks needs a online pass?

Ad hoc trophies don't pop without?

All digital versions don't need online pass as it's already included. The JP and AS versions need one only if they're a physical copy. The US/EU or English version doesn't need one and online pass of this game doesn't exist in the ps store of those regions.

And online pass is not required if you play in ad hoc mode.

57 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

So I am confused now .. is Freedom Wars, Soul Sacrifice and Soul Sacrifice Delta obtainable now without an online pass and when servers are down, or not?

The answer is Yes. But you need a second Vita to play in ad hoc with for a trophy in Freedom Wars which is called Antisocial Networking and it requires you to exchange rap sheets with another player.

Edited by maneater2016
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, maneater2016 said:

All digital versions don't need online pass as it's already included. The JP and AS versions need one only if they're a physical copy. The US/EU or English version doesn't need one and online pass of this game doesn't exist in the ps store of those regions.

The answer is Yes. But you need a second Vita to play in ad hoc with for a trophy in Freedom Wars which is called Antisocial Networking and it requires you to exchange rap sheets with another player.

I have 6 Vita's at home and all games twice physical .. so it's no big deal .. but I just wanna be sure, that this is possible without online and an online pass, since there are some people, who say different things for this games :S

2 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

I have 6 Vita's at home and all games twice physical .. so it's no big deal .. but I just wanna be sure, that this is possible without online and an online pass, since there are some people, who say different things for this games :S

Then you'll be fine with all the mp trophies of these games thanks to ad hoc mode. But some missions could be very challenging in SS and especially in SSD when you play solo. I'm struggling in SS right now.....

3 minutes ago, maneater2016 said:

Then you'll be fine with all the mp trophies of these games thanks to ad hoc mode. But some missions could be very challenging in SS and especially in SSD when you play solo. I'm struggling in SS right now.....

Hmm I see .. well in my case I know someone, who is not that far away from me and I could play that ad hoc with him together :) okay so I guess, then it's fine :) thanks for your informations!

• Like 1

Can we get confirmation that you can buy the Soul Sacrifice games digitally and be able to claim the online passes? Some people here said that despite it being included in the digital purchase, you need credit card information on the system to activate it??? Meaning that if you didn't have said info previously on your vita, which you can't add now, you wouldn't be able to claim the pass, thus not letting you access even ad-hoc? Making the plat unobtainable shutdown or not. Unless you don't need the pass to play adhoc.

54 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Can we get confirmation that you can buy the Soul Sacrifice games digitally and be able to claim the online passes? Some people here said that despite it being included in the digital purchase, you need credit card information on the system to activate it??? Meaning that if you didn't have said info previously on your vita, which you can't add now, you wouldn't be able to claim the pass, thus not letting you access even ad-hoc? Making the plat unobtainable shutdown or not. Unless you don't need the pass to play adhoc.

Here's what worked for me: you need to use the mobile app, website, etc. to set a credit card as your primary payment method. Then go to the Vita store and you can claim the Online Pass. When I first bought Soul Sacrifice Delta, I couldn't claim the Online Pass and I had PayPal set as my primary payment method.

4 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

As someone who just bought the digital SS recently, I can confirm that you don't need to claim or activate the online pass after purchasing the game. That online pass will be found on the Services List in the Store on your Vita and you don't even have to download this thing. Basically you don't need to worry about the online pass if you're buying a digital copy of this game. I actually ended up removing all my credit card settings to complete the purchase. And I assume it's because you can no longer use a bank card or paypal on ps3 or Vita and you can only use your wallet funds to make a payment. And I don't know why people keep saying it being unclaimable. It was like that before the payment methods was changed? Possibly. It was different in different regions? I honestly have no idea but I don't think so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maneater2016 said:

As someone who just bought the digital SS recently, I can confirm that you don't need to claim or activate the online pass after purchasing the game. That online pass will be found on the Services List in the Store on your Vita and you don't even have to download this thing. Basically you don't need to worry about the online pass if you're buying a digital copy of this game. I actually ended up removing all my credit card settings to complete the purchase. And I assume it's because you can no longer use a bank card or paypal on ps3 or Vita and you can only use your wallet funds to make a payment. And I don't know why people keep saying it being unclaimable. It was like that before the payment methods was changed? Possibly. It was different in different regions? I honestly have no idea but I don't think so.

People are saying that because some content requires an attached credit card to activate it even though your not using it to purchase. I believe the issue comes from that since online passes are marked as a service they require credit cards to activate them as if they were subscriptions. It's been this way for a long time for some things though it was never really talked about as much because most people either had it set up or could set it up prior to it's removal from Vita and PS3 stores.

It's a not huge issue except to those who can't add credit card info by other means.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

And also WWE 2K19.

Full original message from their support page:

Hey Superstars!

We will be sunsetting support for Road to Glory and the MyPlayer PPV Tower in WWE 2K20 at the end of Extreme Rules (on September 26, 2021). Other online services for WWE 2K20, like matchmaking and Community Creations, will continue until the launch of the next WWE 2K sim title in March 2022

Also, the News tab in WWE 2K19 will be stating that the online servers are no longer supported. That message is incorrect and as stated previously, we will continue to support matchmaking and Community Creations on WWE 2K19 until the launch of the next WWE 2K sim title in March 2022.

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/4406035387155-An-Update-about-WWE-2K20-and-2K19-Servers-8-26-2021

Edited by Kolm

3 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

People are saying that because some content requires an attached credit card to activate it even though your not using it to purchase. I believe the issue comes from that since online passes are marked as a service they require credit cards to activate them as if they were subscriptions. It's been this way for a long time for some things though it was never really talked about as much because most people either had it set up or could set it up prior to it's removal from Vita and PS3 stores.

It's a not huge issue except to those who can't add credit card info by other means.

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I actually obtained multiple online pass in the past week and had all of them activated without any issues.

1, I bought brand new physical copies with online pass of Soul Sacrifice & Freedom Wars JP version and redeemed them in PS Store.

2, I bought the online pass of Soul Sacrifice & Soul Sacrifice Delta AS version from some seller and redeemed them in PS Store.

3, I bought an online pass of Freedom Wars AS version in PS Store.

4, I bought a digital copy of Soul Sacrifice EU version in PS Store.

I assume that's pretty much all the ways you can get online pass at the moment and I happen to have tried everything. And all PS Store I mentioned above is PS Store Hong Kong and I used the same PSN account to buy and redeem everything. So there're 6 online pass on this account right now. I haven't tested every one of them but they all should work just fine.

On 6.12.2021 at 5:45 PM, maneater2016 said:

Thanks a lot for the explanation. I actually obtained multiple online pass in the past week and had all of them activated without any issues.

1, I bought brand new physical copies with online pass of Soul Sacrifice & Freedom Wars JP version and redeemed them in PS Store.

2, I bought the online pass of Soul Sacrifice & Soul Sacrifice Delta AS version from some seller and redeemed them in PS Store.

I assume that's pretty much all the ways you can get online pass at the moment and I happen to have tried everything. And all PS Store I mentioned above is PS Store Hong Kong and I used the same PSN account to buy and redeem everything. So there're 6 online pass on this account right now. I haven't tested every one of them but they all should work just fine.

But as you said, you don't need the online passes, if you have an ad hoc partner.

Plat is in all games doable with ad hoc, correct? :)

Edit: I tested now Soul Sacrifice without having an online pass and I got the "From Cover to Cover" trophy - so this trophy is safe.

So plat should be possible on this game.

Edited by jayboo1991
  • Like 2

On 12/6/2021 at 11:45 AM, maneater2016 said:

Can you clarify how you activated the online pass of Freedom Wars AS version? I was unable to redeem the online pass that came with my Freedom Wars AS version on my US account so I redeemed it on an AS alt account. Thanks.

6 hours ago, Zenkoto_ said:

Can you clarify how you activated the online pass of Freedom Wars AS version? I was unable to redeem the online pass that came with my Freedom Wars AS version on my US account so I redeemed it on an AS alt account. Thanks.

Online passes are treated like DLC so are region locked and have to be redeemed in the PS Store in the same region your copy of the game is from.

• Like 1

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/12/sony-removes-standalone-versions-of-uncharted-4-lost-legacy-on-ps4

Confusingly Sony has Delisted both the Standalone Versions of Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy on PS4 and will only be selling them in a Bundle now. There is no way to buy these individually now if you only own one. No idea if you can upgrade to the new collection on PS4 or if it's a PS5 only upgrade. Uncharted 4 still part of the PS Collection on PS5 but no upgrade option for it.

Why Sony shunted their own series like this when someone people might not want both games or only own 1 is beyond our reasoning. Oh wait there's one reason why ???

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zenkoto_ said:

Because I activated the pass on my Hong Kong(Asia) account. It wouldn't work if I tried to redeem it on my US alt either lol. I bought this one in Hong Kong PS store so it only works there. And if you want to use that pass, you'll have to play the game on your alt and sync the trophies back to your main. 

On 2021/12/7 at 1:21 AM, jayboo1991 said:

But as you said, you don't need the online passes, if you have an ad hoc partner.

Plat is in all games doable with ad hoc, correct? :)

Edit: I tested now Soul Sacrifice without having an online pass and I got the "From Cover to Cover" trophy - so this trophy is safe.

So plat should be possible on this game.

I replied yesterday but seems like it was deleted.

Yes, you're correct. And I did the "From Cover to Cover" trophy offline too.

• Like 1

https://www.pcgamer.com/dozens-of-the-worlds-biggest-games-are-offline-as-aws-goes-down/

Leaving this article here as PCGamer is updating it semi-frequently about the outage. But incase anyone has any issues and comes to this thread about any game working under it. I just want to state that AWS going down temporarily is Amazon's main server service and is no way related to the earlier announcement of Amazon Game Spark Server Closures.

I repeat they're not related and what's going on now is just temporary. (Making this post only because last time something similar happened we had an influx of people asking/saying "_____ game is down".)

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 2

Disappointed about Hardware rivals server shutdown as didn't get the chance to play it because kept hearing about the constant trophy glitches and it put me off, also I'm disappointed about Unmechanical extended being delisted as I wanted to play it but was never had the urge to buy it oh well, I'll look at this thread more often thanks for creating it.

1 hour ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Disappointed about Hardware rivals server shutdown as didn't get the chance to play it because kept hearing about the constant trophy glitches and it put me off, also I'm disappointed about Unmechanical extended being delisted as I wanted to play it but was never had the urge to buy it oh well, I'll look at this thread more often thanks for creating it.

I didn't get any glitches myself in hardware rivals, but the servers were down for a chunk of time. Sadly it's a bit late to start it now.

As for unmechanical, it was a ps+ title a while back, so even if you don't have it you might find a nice soul out there who is prepared to lend it to you. It isn't too long and is great fun.

2 hours ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

Unmechanical Extended seemed to be available on HK store last time I checked, so you can create a Hong Kong account and get it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jinxcendant-XIII said:

The glitches that happened were in relation to an excessively large friendlist. Deleting/removing friends solved this issue easily. The only thing I've heard of trophy glitches was those with 1000+ friends. Myself I had close to 500 friends on PSN before when starting never had any glitch trophies (a couple slow pops though) but more common was long loads, matchmaking times and freezing in matches. Which was all corrected when I deleted friends from list and made it to under 150 in size.