Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

Haven't seen this here so here goes:

Apparently the servers of Agents of Mayhem were shutdown without warning a while ago, according to this article and a tweet from the official Saints Row twitter account.

https://www.3djuegos.com/noticias-ver/219102/los-servidores-de-agents-of-mayhem-cerraron-hace-tiempo-y/

The article, published 20 hours ago from now, it's from one of the main spanish videogame news outlets. The tweet is from the 25th of October, and it went under the radar it seems.

I have this game on the shelf unstarted, now with an unobtainable plat. Merry Christmas...

Edit: Honestly after reading the twitter replies I'm not sure if it's official or if this person running the twitter account doesn't know what they're talking about. The game doesn't have co-op and they're saying it doesn't affect co-op play... 

Edited by tony_snake_24
Update
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Haven't seen this here so here goes:

Apparently the servers of Agents of Mayhem were shutdown without warning a while ago, according to this article and a tweet from the official Saints Row twitter account.

https://www.3djuegos.com/noticias-ver/219102/los-servidores-de-agents-of-mayhem-cerraron-hace-tiempo-y/

The article, published 20 hours ago from now, it's from one of the main spanish videogame news outlets. The tweet is from the 25th of October, and it went under the radar it seems.

I have this game on the shelf unstarted, now with an unobtainable plat. Merry Christmas...

That tweet has been posted a few times, both in this thread and the one in the AoM forum so is well known at this point.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

That tweet has been posted a few times, both in this thread and one for general server closures so is well known at this point.

Ah sorry about that then. The first post I remember talking about AOM is on the 128th page by Samurai_SNAAAKE, the last post of the page. And from that page to here I didn't see this tweet. If it was posted on an earlier page I didn't know about that.

On 24/12/2021 at 1:31 AM, darkalphar said:

It appears that Freedom Wars servers are now offline. It was up and running about 30 min ago (NA region), but now I'm getting communication error signal. Multiple players in the boosting channel have confirmed that they were getting same error messages.

On 24/12/2021 at 1:48 AM, Bumperklever said:

Same with soul sacrifice. So it seems it wasn't a fluke. weird that sony didn't put those Shutdowns in their official list. 

Someone needs to confirm ss delta and oreshika tainted bloodlines.

Just a reminder Soul Sacrifice can be solo'd in Ad-Hoc mode for its trophies.

Freedom Wars Online trophies may be obtainable again soon (need to get confirmation first the 15 missions and rap sheet are doable as well in Ad-Hoc).

X-Link Kai announced Vita support recently and is supposed to be out in a couple weeks, one of the titles their looking to confirm support for is Freedom Wars. (Doesn't surprise me since Monster Hunter community uses this alot and this game is a spiritual successor.)

To those unaware of X-Link Kai it basically uses your computer as a hotspot connection for games that uses lan or wlan (ah-hoc uses WLAN) to initiate a local connection as online. This allows people to set up and play games with others over long distances as if they were in the same room.

On 24/12/2021 at 3:06 AM, NinjaKlown17 said:

Soul Sacrifice Delta appears to be fully offline now. I can't connect to multiplayer lobbies or access the bonus DLC from the Download section on the main menu.

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is still functional as I'm writing this. QR code scanning and expeditions to other players' lands are both working fine.

QR Code Scanning I believe is an integrated feature so I don't think it will ever be impacted by the closure.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

QR Code Scanning I believe is an integrated feature so I don't think it will ever be impacted by the closure.

Not so sure abuut that. Even though the QR Code functionality is clearly local, you can only access the scanning screen if you change the posting setting to "PSN". Tried with "Ad-hoc" and it gave me a warning to connect to PSN. So I'd say the QR codes scanning is at risk, still available as of today.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

Not so sure abuut that. Even though the QR Code functionality is clearly local, you can only access the scanning screen if you change the posting setting to "PSN". Tried with "Ad-hoc" and it gave me a warning to connect to PSN. So I'd say the QR codes scanning is at risk, still available as of today.

I'm also worried that we'd lose the QR feature at some point so I've been working my ass off to finish this game which is horribly grindy and boring even with this feature you can abuse and I can't imagine what it'd look like without it. Oreshika has a very low average completion for some very good reason lol. So if anybody wants to try this game for whatever reason, just play it on your alt first and decide if you'd like to continue.

40 minutes ago, maneater2016 said:

I'm also worried that we'd lose the QR feature at some point so I've been working my ass off to finish this game which is horribly grindy and boring even with this feature you can abuse and I can't imagine what it'd look like without it. Oreshika has a very low average completion for some very good reason lol. So if anybody wants to try this game for whatever reason, just play it on your alt first and decide if you'd like to continue.

To the ones who simply redeemed some characters and are planning to plat in the future, I can only say one word [letter]: F

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One to Watch: Should be noted Rocket Arena team was moved off the game in August (Source Rocket Arena discord) and twitter went dark 11/12/21. Game may get pulled eventually.

However, all trophies are obtainable for the time being.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Clearing up confusion.
  • Like 1

Genesis on PS4 is shutting down on April 10, 2022 per the in-game message upon login. The final day to download the game was yesterday January 7, 2022.

The game doesn't have a Platinum and given the amount of time left to do the game, you would have to spend a LOT of real world money to be able to 100% it. I don't have the game and I would recommend to NOT go for the 100% on it.

EDIT: The message upon login is really badly translated. They likely mean it's been delisted. You can still download it if you previously got the game.

Edited by POEman553
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Genesis on PS4 is shutting down on April 10, 2022 per the in-game message upon login. The final day to download the game was yesterday January 7, 2022.

The game doesn't have a Platinum and given the amount of time left to do the game, you would have to spend a LOT of real world money to be able to 100% it. I don't have the game and I would recommend to NOT go for the 100% on it.

Game is still available currently in the PSN Store for Canada. Might change though at 3AM update. It doesn't require a third party account to be made after though I'm guessing?

15 hours ago, POEman553 said:

Spending money on this game doesn't help you with the trophies in any way. However, I'd agree that it's not worth starting it - it's possible to do it, but it's a lot of really hard work

14 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Game is still available currently in the PSN Store for Canada. Might change though at 3AM update. It doesn't require a third party account to be made after though I'm guessing?

No, iirc you don't need to create a third party account - only uses your PSN info

• Like 2

Thanks for the heads-up about Genesis, it has been added to the list.

As F2P games usually gets delisted immediately as they are announced, I'd advise everyone interested in not losing on one to go to the PS Store and buy all F2P games, you can do it in few minutes and it will guarantee you access in the future

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

So I am adding games to my cart and I wanted to add Greak: Memories of Azure and the page says not available for purchase on the PS4. I am NA by the way. Not sure if it is temporary. There is a little tell me more button and it says I am not able to purchase the item because I don't own it. 

I just added it to cart via the webstore with an NA account. Maybe it's just a PS4 store glitch.

Nightmares from the Deep 1, 2 and 3 have been immediately delisted from all stores over Licensing Agreements. Currently number 3 is still supposedly available in the Artifex Mundi Ultimate pack and number 2 available through PSNow only. Individual sales and their collection are all stopped and removed now. Tweet below contains ArtifexMundi response to this.

Btw I do know the first game was available as a game download code in stores. Wether any of these codes still exist who knows.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 4

On 12/26/2021 at 6:30 AM, EdinhoN said:

To the ones who simply redeemed some characters and are planning to plat in the future, I can only say one word [letter]: F

They wouldn't have been able to anyways. You can only hire for one day (in game). They don't carry over.

On 12/26/2021 at 5:49 AM, maneater2016 said:

It was also on PS+

So update after checking my different alt accounts. I just found out that the UK PSN has both Nightmares from the Deep 1 and 2 on PSNow. You can easily buy a PSNow card online for the UK and this will be the only current guaranteed way to obtain the first game until it's removed from the service.

(Please note that UK PSN only includes, Britain, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

So update after checking my different alt accounts. I just found out that the UK PSN has both Nightmares from the Deep 1 and 2 on PSNow. You can easily buy a PSNow card online for the UK and this will be the only current guaranteed way to obtain the first game until it's removed from the service.

(Please note that UK PSN only includes, Britain, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.)

You can get Nightmares from the Deep 3 in the “Fantasy Worlds Bundle” on the US Store in addition to the Artifex Mundi Ultimate Collection you mentioned previously.

These bundles are also on the Xbox Store, with an additional “Captain’s Choice Bundle” available as well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, I000_NeedIes said:

You can get Nightmares from the Deep 3 in the “Fantasy Worlds Bundle” on the US Store in addition to the Artifex Mundi Ultimate Collection you mentioned previously.

These bundles are also on the Xbox Store, with an additional “Captain’s Choice Bundle” available as well.

A good cheaper option if one already owns some titles in the ultimate pack.

6 hours ago, Leenewbe said:

This'll be for the Asian stack i assume.

This might actually be only for the Japanese PC Servers, unless we get hard confirmation. The console servers are under Gameforge supposedly, PC Japanese Servers should be under a subsidiary of Neowiz.

It's really confusing but basically when EnMasse shutdown as pub in 2020 alot of the licenses were split more or already split. While the main dev Bluehole/Krafton managed to get most of the licenses some were resold to other companies. Gameforge currently should own for PC Version NA, EU, and SEA Servers. They also should have all Console Servers. Bluehole/Krafton should have their own KOR PC Servers. Neowiz should have only Japan PC Servers.

1 hour ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

This might actually be only for the Japanese PC Servers, unless we get hard confirmation. The console servers are under Gameforge supposedly, PC Japanese Servers should be under a subsidiary of Neowiz.

It's really confusing but basically when EnMasse shutdown as pub in 2020 alot of the licenses were split more or already split. While the main dev Bluehole/Krafton managed to get most of the licenses some were resold to other companies. Gameforge currently should own for PC Version NA, EU, and SEA Servers. They also should have all Console Servers. Bluehole/Krafton should have their own KOR PC Servers. Neowiz should have only Japan PC Servers.

Interesting observation. But regardless this warning opened my eyes, I've been wanting to start this game for a while, in February without fail I will start, I researched and it is possible to solo most trophies and an estimate of 50 hours, sounds great to me.