Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings

EdinhoN

While the time hasn't been hard confirmed, a friend that was questioning about Overrides closure on Discord was told it should shutdown with Gamesparks at Midnight PDT as soon as clock rolls over. Devs have an announcement on Steam but have not yet replied directly on specific time or anything. So it could go down exactly then or sooner.

• Like 1

Just now, Smashero said:

This night will be written in Golden Letters in history book.

(at least in this topic... I think....)

C U in 1h 22 mins

We should all just take this as a note to never trust any server system that starts with Game again.

Btw side note everyone while I was scrolling through Game Sparks twitter to double check no more unknowns were there I did see then sharing tweets from AWS advertising a partnership with Milestone several times. Just something for everyone to keep for future reference if something ever happens there one day.

3 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

Everything should be obtainable for Onrush until November correct? Gonna do it if that’s the case and I’m sure others will.

That's the confusing thing two server connections. One I guess is for server stats and those related trophy pops other is for actual online multiplayer. I think the one tonite that shutdowns may prevent the gear and level trophies. Unsure which one Challenges and Crashtags are linked too.

4 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Modus games confirmed on twitter Override shutdown: Hi,online servers should be closing at about midnight PDT tonight for all platforms.

1 minute ago, tony_snake_24 said:

I won't buy the sequel then. F* that

So if i'm not wrong we still have 10 hours right ?

More than enouh for Override online trophies :o

9 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Ummm no, because you have to get it physical and timpurnat said it takes 4 hours with 2 consoles, meaning 8 hours boosting with another person. And that's not the point anyway. What was this, a less than 1 day notice? With no date? No way to defend this.

According to true achievements, you can get wins at the same time with your boosting partner by playing in a shared mech in brawl matches: https://www.trueachievements.com/a264423/know-my-name-achievement

Using that you can probably shave off at least 2h if you are boosting with an actual person, but yeah, the deadline is pretty tight. Unless you can get the game in a local store in the next few hours it's sadly too late :(

Edited by timpurnat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Ummm no, because you have to get it physical and timpurnat said it takes 4 hours with 2 consoles, meaning 8 hours boosting with another person. And that's not the point anyway. What was this, a less than 1 day notice? With no date? No way to defend this.

They know that servers will be closed they just not warned players. And question why they not transfer game to the new servers is simple, they already have new game in the series.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

According to true achievements, you can get wins at the same time with your boosting partner by playing in a shared mech in brawl matches: https://www.trueachievements.com/a264423/know-my-name-achievement

Using that you can probably shave off at least 2h if you are boosting with an actual person, but yeah, the deadline is pretty tight. Unless you can't get the game in a local store in the next few hours it's sadly too late :(

That's pretty good information but sadly in a few hours it will not be of much use :(

1 minute ago, pavelbagirov said:

They know that servers will be closed they just not warned players. And question why they not transfer game to the new servers is simple, they already have new game in the series.

Well if they truly knew (we don't know that) they certainly could have warned players a year ago. ?

• Like 2

This is indefensible and a tremendous incompetence what they are doing. It wouldn't be a big effort just to warn players in advance, this is the minimum of respect with consumers of your product. Result of poor management and disrespect for the consumer. ?

11 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Obviously i said that considering you already have the game digitally or on disk ^^'

And boosting with a dummy account (2 consoles) you only need it once ;)

Edited by seblegamer

Just now, seblegamer said:

Obviously i said that considering you already have the game digitally or on disk ^^'

Right, but you have to keep in mind that these posts today may have been the very first time some people knew about the existence of this game. I learned about Disc Jam, Animal Super Squad, Mini Metro, Ultimate Chicken Horse, Squishies, etc. because of this thread. If you have to go and buy it now, specially since it's delisted, you're fucked. I was actually so lucky I already had a copy of Onrush on disc.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

I think you can do the shared mech with 2 pilots and both people get the trophies. I'm looking at the controls now and you can have a mech with 4 pilots too but I imagine that'd be hard to control as each person would take control of 1 limb (each shoulder button is linked to 1 limb). 

Edit: looks like somebody mentioned it already, sorry

Edited by SliK6SiK
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kevao97 said:

This is indefensible and a tremendous incompetence what they are doing. It wouldn't be a big effort just to warn players in advance, this is the minimum of respect with consumers of your product. Result of poor management and disrespect for the consumer. 1f44e.png

The problem is unlike with the GameSpy shutdown GameSparks wasn't exactly loud and out there with what all the titles that were covered, there was the general list going around of several smaller Indie Titles but until this last week it's been shook open that there was definitely more and probably most likely with GameSpy shutdown tomorrow we will get more random reports of people not being able to connect in various games.

Though the OnRush precedent makes me wonder if any other devs used GameSparks just for one are of the online that could affect certain trophies as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Sorry for bumping this up. Any idea if the JP version is still available in the Asia PS Store? Will Override 2 be affected as well? Or is this only for Override 1?

Only the first game is affected, the sequel uses different systems for its servers.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1