Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

On 2/18/2023 at 9:45 AM, Needles said:

Looks like VR studio Secret Location is shutting down, which may put their titles at risk of delisting. On PlayStation, their games are “Transpose” and “Blasters of the Universe.”

Here is the article:

https://delistedgames.com/nerf-ultimate-championship-to-be-delisted-march-1st-six-more-titles-from-the-studio-likely-to-follow/

It seems that Transpose is already gone from the USA Store. Still available on the UK Store, for now.

• Like 2

Ranch Planet PS4 delisted after China made Ranch Planet PS5 a Chinese Mainland-exclusive release.

EDIT: Separate news, I've been informed that All Stars mode in Just Dance 2020 being shut down end of month (5 days), posted in their Discord:

Important announcement to all Just Dancers below. The All Stars mode in Just Dance 2020 will become unplayable on February 28th, 2023 and you will not be able to access it or complete it anymore. This will affect all platforms including PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. If you want to finish and get achievements/trophies, we advise you do it within 5 days from now on, as the game mode will be inaccessible after February 28th, 2023.

More info: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/just-dance-2020/gameplay/article/all-stars-mode-in-just-dance-2020/000065356?origin=middle Thank you & keep dancing! - Staff

The following are likely to be impacted, due to finishing the mode being required to unlock the song High Hopes:

Out of This World! (need High Hopes)

Dance Master (need High Hopes)

Dance Legend (need High Hopes)

Family Album Completed (need High Hopes)

Let the Party Begin (All Stars Mode)

Among the Stars (All Stars Mode)
Incoming Landing (All Stars Mode)
All Stars Fan (All Stars Mode)
All Stars Expert (All Stars Mode)

Edited by Shadow_Kisuragi
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Could anyone help verify The Outbound Ghost for me? It still seems to be appearing on PSN atm still for myself but other Canadian digital fronts it seems to have been taken down completely not even having a page up. (Can't see it no longer on Steam, Epic Games Store or Switch Eshop.)

The DMCA may have taken affect with its removal.

Still up in the 5 major regions I checked on PSN.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 5:02 AM, Lord_Bane999 said:

Could anyone help verify The Outbound Ghost for me? It still seems to be appearing on PSN atm still for myself but other Canadian digital fronts it seems to have been taken down completely not even having a page up. (Can't see it no longer on Steam, Epic Games Store or Switch Eshop.)

The DMCA may have taken affect with its removal.

This one isn't a major issue, it has a physical release which is cheaper atm than the digital. 

11 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/871120/MilkChoco/?curator_clanid=31857481

MilkChoco will shutdown in 31st of May on Steam. Unclear yet if PS4 version will be affected

This game is shutting down on PlayStation on May 31st. Here is the announcement from Facebook:

MilkChoco PlayStation, Steam Service Termination Announcement

The PlayStation and Steam services will be shut down on May 31st, as the number of users has decreased and it is no longer possible to maintain it while paying server usage fees.
Thank you to the users who have supported PlayStation and Steam MilkChoco.

Link: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid031MrXFaFZkFEw2D233d5265UoDr2mjUmMkFxek7UEj3x2acwmV8wof8vhHjXHm1rXl&id=100067538709755&mibextid=tejx2t

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Needles said:

This game is shutting down on PlayStation on May 31st. Here is the announcement from Facebook:

MilkChoco PlayStation, Steam Service Termination Announcement

The PlayStation and Steam services will be shut down on May 31st, as the number of users has decreased and it is no longer possible to maintain it while paying server usage fees.
Thank you to the users who have supported PlayStation and Steam MilkChoco.

Link: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid031MrXFaFZkFEw2D233d5265UoDr2mjUmMkFxek7UEj3x2acwmV8wof8vhHjXHm1rXl&id=100067538709755&mibextid=tejx2t

Also worth noting it's free on PC, but 19.99 on the UK PSN store. Unless they plan on making it free now that it's been announced...?

Edited by shipper321

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Warfighter is gone as well and I imagine Airborne is also toast :(.

Airborne is dead yes. 

56 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

There is a physical release .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Merge-Games-The-Outbound-Ghost/dp/B0BCWZ4VP5/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=W2IAOM92UF05&keywords=the+outbound+ghost+ps5&qid=1677326004&sprefix=the+outbound%2Caps%2C112&sr=8-1

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

The Developer of the Outbound Ghost seems like a complete dumbass, he has no chance in hell of winning in court. 

Honestly I'll say again it the whole thing was a bit shady on his end. He's now working on a new game with the same people that worked with him I guess on The Outbound Ghost. But they created a new dev studio for it even though he's still in charge. (Conrad is even listed on Twitter as lead contact.) I honestly think this was done because he is under contract or his previous studio is at least to continue work on The Outbound Ghost so he's basically trying to start another project while abandoning work on this one. (Which also won't help his case.)

Anyways seems the game was delisted from PSN just a few hours ago. It was still up there on Canada PSN at least at 1pm eastern when I checked not there now.

Edit: Something to mention again too, the physical edition for The Outbound Ghost does not include both versions unlike the digital version so if anyone wants both stacks they will need to own a physical PS4 and PS5 copies seperately.

Edited by Lord_Bane999

23 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Edit: Something to mention again too, the physical edition for The Outbound Ghost does not include both versions unlike the digital version so if anyone wants both stacks they will need to own a physical PS4 and PS5 copies seperately.

This is mistaken: The Outbound Ghost PS4 physical disk includes a free download of the PS5 version. (I don't believe it works the other direction though.)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, PolyhistOrion said:

This is mistaken: The Outbound Ghost PS4 physical disk includes a free download of the PS5 version. (I don't believe it works the other direction though.)

They must've added it later because on original release that download wasn't presented or offered. Though there is a north american and European versions.

13 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Surely they’d be more likely to keep the version that keeps $20 if anything since that could cover server costs? 

Doubtful it was also a freebie mobile title too, and by accounts I seen took the team almost a solid year to release even one "major" update.

On 2/25/2023 at 9:15 AM, Dark_Overlord said:

The Developer of the Outbound Ghost seems like a complete dumbass, he has no chance in hell of winning in court. 

He gets mad about the game 'not being to his standards' then gets mad at the publisher (where the company is being run by his wife because the founder died recently), so he puts something protesting his own game on the Steam page, it gets taken down, then he DMCA his own game then gets mad about not getting royalties for the game being sold. What was he expecting to happen?

Dude seriously needs to go touch grass (if it's ever an appropriate time to use that, it would be then).

• Like 1