Visual novels

El_Shubi

2 hours ago, ParisWriter said:

Is there a way to turn the back pad's  functionality completely off, though, or do you just have to try not to accidentally touch it? (Which won't really be possible, in my case.)

I don't think so, but honestly, the back touch pad is super finicky to begin with, so I doubt it'll even register you touching it, even if it is accidentally. Honestly, My fingers were probably all over the back touch pad while holding the Vita, but it never registered anything I did once, so it should be fine.

43 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

I can only speak about X-Blaze: Lost Memories. It's one of the single worst games I've ever played. To the OP (or anyone else reading this), don't play it. VN is a pretty good genre, but that game is the worst of the (admittedly few) that I've played.

Lost Memories was more of a fandisc than visual novel. If you were willing to give the story another chance, Code Embryo was much better.

I can only speak about X-Blaze: Lost Memories. It's one of the single worst games I've ever played. To the OP (or anyone else reading this), don't play it. VN is a pretty good genre, but that game is the worst of the (admittedly few) that I've played.

Lost Memories was more of a fandisc than visual novel. If you were willing to give the story another chance, Code Embryo was much better.

Wow... it quadruple posted.

Edited by kuuhaku
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, kuuhaku said:

Lost Memories is nothing more than a series of flashbacks from Code:Embryo. Absolutely nothing new except for a useless new character (and it was the only good thing about the "game" too). It's a waste of money in my opinion. 

Code Embryo was pretty boring too. The only thing I enjoyed was the joke route, unfortunately :/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Terra said:

It's optional? I hope that's the case. And I agree, VN's are better for the Vita. However, I did enjoy playing Steins;Gate/Steins;Gate 0, Root Letter, Nonary Games and Psycho Pass on my PS4. 

I'm not sure

The internet isn't helping either with info. I may have to re-download and check manually. 

All I know is I always hold the vita with my fingers on the back, but I had 0 issues with rear touch, or touch in general.

I bought a visual novel just to see if they're any good and if it wasn't then meh, a quick platinum but now I can't get enough of them. Regardless of price, I always buy the latest ones because of the fact that they're japanese so they're bound to be different. 

Steins;Gate I highly recommend

Then Danganronpa 1 and 2 
Virtues Last Reward is good but not as good as the above
Code Realise Guardian of Rebirth isn't bad too but you have to read it 5 times for the different endings, I was kinda drained after the 3rd playthrough

I have Root Letter, Psycho Pass, Stein's Gate 0, Zero Time Dilemma, Var Commons Norn 9 and some others but can't remember the titles without going downstairs and having a look which I haven't played yet, but can't wait to dive in with them :)

20 hours ago, kuuhaku said:

Wow... it quadruple posted.

LOL. You really wanted me to get the point, huh? xD

42 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You must play this game again because this is a statement I can't agree with =D

I'm not saying it's shit, I think it's very good... but I just think Danganronpa and Steins;Gate are better :)
I bought the sequel Zero Time Dilemma too... I think it was the multiple endings for VLR where I was getting a bit bored of it especially for 100%, had similar feelings towards Code Realize Guardian of Rebirth but they're still good games... got Period Cube Shakles of Armadeus and Hakuoki Kyoto Winds in the post today ^_^

I mainly got my vita for VNs.  I have a huge list of some I'm planning to pick up when they go down in price/on sale.  Right now I'm working on Steins;Gate, but I've finished quite a few already.  I particularly have my eye on Root Letter, Hakuoki: Kyoto Winds, and Zero Time Delima.  Now if only they would go on sale...

• 3 weeks later...

Well that's unfortunate that Clannad isn't localized and is unlikely to be, guess I'll just have to learn Japanese then, I've seen some of Google translates gaffs so I rarely trust it.

I've already done Root Letter on PS4 which I enjoyed though I can see a few elements that others may find trying, just wish Kadokawa would give info on when/if the next game will come out.  They said it was part of a "mystery series" of games, though I don't believe the stories are connected.

I had always thought there was a plethora of VNs in the Japanese market but I guess many of them are PSP games or on other platforms.

So, adding a bit to this thread, I finished Root Letter, and finished my first ending in Steins;Gate 0. Root Letter had issues,though I think it's still a playable game. It certainly has some good points (the ability to skip chapters was particularly nice), but I didn't like the overall "letter response" mechanic, as it made all of my conversation choices moot.

Steins;Gate 0 is looking like my Most Disappointing Game Played for 2017. I was really looking forward to playing this, but it feels like they really dropped the ball. The original Steins;Gate started slow, but once you got to the time travel, it was awesome. But this one doesn't even make any sense (at least not for the ending I got, Twin Automata).

I'm going to give it one more ending, but if it doesn't pick up, it will be the first VN to get the skip treatment from me.

Edited by starcrunch061

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, adding a bit to this thread, I finished Root Letter, and finished my first ending in Steins;Gate 0. Root Letter had issues,though I think it's still a playable game. It certainly has some good points (the ability to skip chapters was particularly nice), but I didn't like the overall "letter response" mechanic, as it made all of my conversation choices moot.

Steins;Gate 0 is looking like my Most Disappointing Game Played for 2017. I was really looking forward to playing this, but it feels like they really dropped the ball. The original Steins;Gate started slow, but once you got to the time travel, it was awesome. But this one doesn't even make any sense (at least not for the ending I got, Twin Automata).

I'm going to give it one more ending, but if it doesn't pick up, it will be the first VN to get the skip treatment from me.

Yeah I got steins gate 0 as well as it was free on the JP psn but it was boring and long. I found that they left a lot of loose ends without explanation like who Kagari even was and why she looks like Kurisu, . You also need to follow the both ending branches as you need the d mail from the end of all the other characters branches in order to get the Mayuri and true end... I read everything on the vita version just for the sake of it and it took about 30 hours altogether, but then used the ps4 one for an extra plat which took 1 hour.