[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

I got the :platinum: for Day of the Tentacle Remastered today.

I think it should count for this month's theme as it is set in past, present and future. Since the past is set somewhere during the last 1780s and it's 200 years to the present and another 200 years to the future, the future should be somewhere around 2180.

If it counts I at least have an entry for this month. I don't know if I can finish Horizon beneath KYC.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I got the :platinum: for Day of the Tentacle Remastered today.

I think it should count for this month's theme as it is set in past, present and future. Since the past is set somewhere during the last 1780s and it's 200 years to the present and another 200 years to the future, the future should be somewhere around 2180.

If it counts I at least have an entry for this month. I don't know if I can finish Horizon beneath KYC.

Updated you, and congrats on getting one out of the way.  :)

I have two questions:

1. Do all three of the hardcore requirements have to be in place simultaneously? Certainly, "Remember Me" has advanced tech and a whole lot of robots, but there doesn't seem to be any space exploration.
  2. Can you do multiple games in the same month? And if so, does Stein;s Gate: 0 count? While the game is mostly set in the present, there is a big-ass time machine.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I have two questions:

1. Do all three of the hardcore requirements have to be in place simultaneously? Certainly, "Remember Me" has advanced tech and a whole lot of robots, but there doesn't seem to be any space exploration.
  2. Can you do multiple games in the same month? And if so, does Stein;s Gate: 0 count? While the game is mostly set in the present, there is a big-ass time machine.

Nope, those were just some examples. "Near future" was a bit hard to qualify, so we basically went with modernish + something futuristic for the HC requirement.

Sure can! There's actually a challenge for getting four or more gold or plat ranks in a month.

Afraid I can't answer that off the top of my head, since I haven't played the games (yet) or watched the anime. Do they travel to the future?

1 minute ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I forgot to mention that Day of the Tentacle was part of the KYC event. I don't know if you already gave me a star for that.

Didn't get that, but it's in now. Should have caught on, but I was out of it yesterday. Sorry about that.  :facepalm:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Nope, those were just some examples. "Near future" was a bit hard to qualify, so we basically went with modernish + something futuristic for the HC requirement.

Sure can! There's actually a challenge for getting four or more gold or plat ranks in a month.

Afraid I can't answer that off the top of my head, since I haven't played the games (yet) or watched the anime. Do they travel to the future?

Thanks for the info. They've gone into the past, and events in the future are shaping events in the present, but they haven't actually gone into the future, but I'll let you know when I get there.

Anyway, I have an update: Remember Me is now completely platted. That wasn't the plan, unfortunately, but here we are. Anyway, here are some of challenges that this should complete as well:

• complete a game that counts toward a different PSNP event ("What the hell is that still doing there?")
  • complete a game because of the event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise 
  • complete a game that fulfills the hardcore requirement of that month.

Also, here are my updated stats:

Platinum trophies: 228

100% completed: 289

Completion: 79.51%

• Like 1

LIttle update for me: today i've plat'ed Arcade Game Series: Galaga, granting me July's Platinum Grade, a Golden Star on "Retro game" challenge and a Golden Star on "Because of this event" challenge.

Due to KYC, probably I will update myself here again just in August... ?

• Like 1

Finally got around to starting Remember Me. Up to Episode 4 so far, and I've gotten all of the collectibles so far. I forgot how much fun this game was, I'm glad future ended up winning, because otherwise I would've just left it in my backlog.

• Like 1

On 11.7.2017 at 7:54 PM, SyIaris said:

Didn't get that, but it's in now. Should have caught on, but I was out of it yesterday. Sorry about that.  :facepalm:

Sorry to bother again but I'm terrible at think about the challenges. :facepalm: Day of the Tentacle is a game released way before 2005, As the challenge mentions all remasters or remakes count as well.

So that's a star for that challenge for me.

Sorry again, but that's finally all for this game.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Anyway, I have an update: Remember Me is now completely platted. That wasn't the plan, unfortunately, but here we are. Anyway, here are some of challenges that this should complete as well:

• complete a game that counts toward a different PSNP event ("What the hell is that still doing there?")
  • complete a game because of the event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise 
  • complete a game that fulfills the hardcore requirement of that month

Congrats on finishing your game for July's theme and on finishing your first game of the event! :D I've updated you stats! 

Any plans on what your going to do next, apart from Steins; Gate?

18 hours ago, JoaoQuique said:

LIttle update for me: today i've plat'ed Arcade Game Series: Galaga, granting me July's Platinum Grade, a Golden Star on "Retro game" challenge and a Golden Star on "Because of this event" challenge.

Due to KYC, probably I will update myself here again just in August... 1f607.png

Congrats on finishing your game for July's theme! :) I've updated your stats!

Have fun with KYC!

16 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Finally got around to starting Remember Me. Up to Episode 4 so far, and I've gotten all of the collectibles so far. I forgot how much fun this game was, I'm glad future ended up winning, because otherwise I would've just left it in my backlog.

That's lovely to hear that your enjoying Remember Me :D Good luck with the rest of the game!

I really should play my copy soon as your all making me want to play it haha :P 

15 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Sorry to bother again but I'm terrible at think about the challenges. :facepalm: Day of the Tentacle is a game released way before 2005, As the challenge mentions all remasters or remakes count as well.

So that's a star for that challenge for me.

Sorry again, but that's finally all for this game.

I've updated your stats to reflect your new challenges! :) 

Well done for finishing your July game as well! :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

That's lovely to hear that your enjoying Remember Me :D Good luck with the rest of the game!

I really should play my copy soon as your all making me want to play it haha :P 

Thanks! I'm planning on finishing it up today, but we'll see how it goes. xD

You totally should start playing it! It's so fun. And make sure you play on Memory Hunter mode when you do. It's surprisingly easy. I honestly can't tell the difference between when I played on Errorist mode x_x

28 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

You totally should start playing it! It's so fun. And make sure you play on Memory Hunter mode when you do. It's surprisingly easy. I honestly can't tell the difference between when I played on Errorist mode x_x

I don't know about Errorist mode, but you can REALLY tell the difference when you return to Script Kiddie mode to clean up. Enemies just don't attack you. It makes getting 8 hit combos a breeze. Also, robots don't seem to attack you, either.

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't know about Errorist mode, but you can REALLY tell the difference when you return to Script Kiddie mode to clean up. Enemies just don't attack you. It makes getting 8 hit combos a breeze. Also, robots don't seem to attack you, either.

I'm sure. Just meant that it was really easy for a "hard" mode. Even of Memory Hunter, I'm able to get 8 hit combos really easily. I'm intentionally using weak pressens, so I don't have to grind so many once I've beaten the story. I know I'm gonna have to go back for Out of the friend Zorn, Machines do it better, Lord of the ring, and 400 though. 

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

Your welcome! :) 

I think I will do soon although, I remember when I played it a few years ago that I was utterly terrible at playing it. I don't know if it was that my gaming skill was pants or I just wasn't trying very hard. But I will go back to it soon as it looks really good :) 

52 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm going to use my "out" for this month. I don't have the time, and I'm in the Kill Your Completion event for this month. Also, it's been a great summer so far, and I've been outside on my porch reading The Once and Future King by T.H. White.

Okay thank you for letting us know and that's no problem :) 

I'm glad to hear that you enjoying the sunshine and have gotten yourself into a good book! 

Hope you enjoy KYC and your summer! :D 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MortalRikku said:

Update:

I have completed Horizon: Zero Dawn - Such an awesome game, hate that it took me so long to get it and start it.

I am now working on the plat for it as I raked up quite a few trophies just enjoying the story.

:)

Well done on finishing Horizon: Zero Dawn! :D I'll look forward to hearing from you soon then! :) 

2 hours ago, Zanreo said:

Yeah, think i'm also gonna use my "out" - I have a lot of stuff to do this month and don't know if I even have a "future" game anyway

Okay that's no problem and I hope everything is okay for you :) 

• Like 1

Actually... I might be able to get this month's plat after all since I'm playing Virtue's Last Reward, which takes place in 2028 - shouldn't take too long since it's a visual novel/point-and click escape room puzzle. But we'll see :3

Edited by Zanreo
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zanreo said:

Actually... I might be able to get this month's plat after all since I'm playing Virtue's Last Reward, which takes place in 2028 - shouldn't take too long since it's a visual novel/point-and click escape room puzzle. But we'll see :3

That's good to hear! :) Good luck with getting the platinum in it and we look forward to hearing all about it soon! :) 

Just got the plat for Remember Me. Which gets me two challenges for the month!

• Complete a game because of the event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise.
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.

I'm hoping Cities wins for next month. Would give me the perfect excuse to finally play Sonic Unleashed. o_o

• Like 1

So, probably the only game I'm gonna finish this month is Life is Strange. Looks like this'll be my second skip.

3 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Just got the plat for Remember Me. Which gets me two challenges for the month!

• Complete a game because of the event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise.
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.

I'm hoping Cities wins for next month. Would give me the perfect excuse to finally play Sonic Unleashed. o_o

Nice work!  :yay:

Oof, that's an infamous one. Brave of you to consider tackling it.

Not really sure what happened with Sonic, but it gets awfully strange for long stretches...

10 hours ago, SyIaris said:

So, probably the only game I'm gonna finish this month is Life is Strange. Looks like this'll be my second skip.

Nice work!  :yay:

Oof, that's an infamous one. Brave of you to consider tackling it.

Not really sure what happened with Sonic, but it gets awfully strange for long stretches...

Life is Strange is a great game at least.

Thanks!

I'm part of the Weeblympics event, and it's part of my list over there. It's an event for doing 20 Japanese UR plats by 2020. I played Sonic Unleashed on 360, and while the night stages aren't that great (and are definitely strange), the day time stages are fun and just normal Sonic. I figured it'd be great to be able to finally plat it and knock out a game for two events at once, if cities gets picked. Since the game's hubs are all cities. xD