[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

On 12/2/2017 at 4:20 AM, Pikachu said:

However, I don't think I'll be able to run the event next year though after all as I'm now able to apply and go to college (which I couldn't do this year due to family issues) and this will mean that I have less time to look after the event. Would anyone like to take over the event in case I can't do it?

I could take over the event. I work from home most of the time, and this event shouldn't take too much time for me to manage, at least compared to other events I've done.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Voted yes for the poll. This event has really helped me decide which games to play, and gotten me to do a couple of games I wouldn't have otherwise. It overall has really helped to shorten my backlog.

That's really lovely to hear and I'm really glad that the event has helped you with your backlog. :D 

11 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I would be interested in taking over the event, but as most people I don't know if I have enough time.

Maybe it's best to share the event with at least two people again, so one doesn't have to update the thread every time.

10 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I could take over the event. I work from home most of the time, and this event shouldn't take too much time for me to manage, at least compared to other events I've done.

@MarkusT1992, Yeah, I could do that again or I could do it where I update every few days or weekly so I'm not just doing little bits throughout the week when I won't have enough time. Would everyone be okay if I updated once a week?

@ExHaseo, thank you for the offer! :) I'll let you know if I do need someone to help or take over completely in a few weeks as I should know by then if I will have the time or not. 

6 hours ago, fishy10101 said:

Is it too late to get in on this? I'm trying to platinum "Assassin's Creed: Rogue" and "Assassin's Creed III" so the snow theme fits perfectly otherwise fingers crossed for next year!

Hey! :D Yes of course you can join if you want to! If you could post your stats in a format like this,

Platinum trophies: XX

100% completed: XX

Completion: XX.XX%

then I'd be able to add your stats into the OP and get you started!

26 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

Hey! :D Yes of course you can join if you want to! If you could post your stats in a format like this,

Platinum trophies: XX

100% completed: XX

Completion: XX.XX%

then I'd be able to add your stats into the OP and get you started!

Awesome, these are my stats.

Platinum trophies: 53
100% completed: 8
Completion: 37.83%

• Like 1

On 1/12/2017 at 3:22 PM, Pikachu said:

Okay everyone so here it is, the last new month and new theme of the year! Is it just me or has this year gone by so fast?! I hope December goes just as fast haha :D

Anyway, let's get down to business! Now I think you all know what theme is going to be used for December but let's make it official aye ;) 

December's Theme:

Games that feature Snow!

Hardcore Requirement: Snow has to stay throughout the entire duration of the game!

You know have 24 hours to update us with your November games! So get them in fast! :P You can of course start to update us with your December games now!

@Uchiha_Snake__ - I remember you saying something about your internet connection, but I thought I'd remind you so you would have a reminder for when you manage to get back online :).

I've also added a poll to see if there would be any takers for another Monthly Madness again next year so get voting everyone! :D 

I couldn't plat FFX , as for my conection issues I decide I will use my phone's as a wifi to update my profile once I plat the game/s as for this month requirements, FFX has 2 whole regions fully covered with snow, which are Macalania and the Mt. Gagazet, I guess it could apply for December's Theme

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pikachu said:

@MarkusT1992, Yeah, I could do that again or I could do it where I update every few days or weekly so I'm not just doing little bits throughout the week when I won't have enough time. Would everyone be okay if I updated once a week?

@ExHaseo, thank you for the offer! :) I'll let you know if I do need someone to help or take over completely in a few weeks as I should know by then if I will have the time or not.

I guess it should be enough to update at least once a week, maybe even less.

It seems that many people want to keep going. Do you want to continue in this thread or start a new one? Personally I would prefer using this one again.

• Like 1

May I join?

I have Odin Sphere for the Vita, where there is some snow present :D

Current Plats: 58

Current 100%: 6

Current Completion Percentage: 83.87%

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy
    ^(NOT PSNP's "Completed Games" stat. Count every game that's ticked off (complete-icon.png) in your profile.
  • Current completion percentage
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, fishy10101 said:

Awesome, these are my stats.

Platinum trophies: 53
100% completed: 8
Completion: 37.83%

I've added you to the OP! Welcome to the event! :D 

20 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I couldn't plat FFX , as for my conection issues I decide I will use my phone's as a wifi to update my profile once I plat the game/s as for this month requirements, FFX has 2 whole regions fully covered with snow, which are Macalania and the Mt. Gagazet, I guess it could apply for December's Theme

Okay that's no problem, I've just added a side note next to November. FFX would definitely count for December's theme! Good luck with finishing it! :) 

12 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I guess it should be enough to update at least once a week, maybe even less.

It seems that many people want to keep going. Do you want to continue in this thread or start a new one? Personally I would prefer using this one again.

Urm I may keep this thread going as the format is here and it would save me time on having to start again, plus everyone would be able to see how far they have come since the beginning of this year. 

10 hours ago, Yomako01 said:

May I join?

I have Odin Sphere for the Vita, where there is some snow present :D

Current Plats: 58

Current 100%: 6

Current Completion Percentage: 83.87%

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy
    ^(NOT PSNP's "Completed Games" stat. Count every game that's ticked off (complete-icon.png) in your profile.
  • Current completion percentage

You may join :D 

Welcome to the event & thank you for posting your stats! :P I've added you to the OP! 

Odin Sphere would be perfect for this theme so I hope you have fun with it and good luck with platting it! :) 

5 hours ago, Rafi_004 said:

I hope will be another Monthly Madness next year, I will join it!

Do you know if I have any game with snow theme in my backlog? The link is in my signature. I'm not participating but I have to train for the next year! :)

I think there will be another Monthly Madness next year so I'll look forward to adding you in next year. 

I've also had a look on your profile (impressive games by the way! :) ) and I'd count Trine 3 for the theme this month if you were to join as I've seen a couple of screenshots with snow and ice in. 

• Like 1

I'd like to join this event (may I?)

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies:
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy: 9
  • Current completion percentage: 28.89% 
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

I'd like to join this event (may I?)

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies:
  • Current number of 100% completed titles without a platinum trophy: 9
  • Current completion percentage: 28.89% 

Hey Lorajet! :D 

Of course you can join, thank you for your stats! :) I've added you to the OP and Welcome to the Event! :P 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Well, was going to play South Park: SoT.  But with Syberia and Syberia II released on PS+, that might be the ticket for the snow theme.  Also wonder if it would also be a candidate for the retro game?

They both sound like perfect choices for the theme then and yeah, I'd count them towards the retro challenge due to the fact that Syberia was released in 2002 and Syberia 2 was released in 2004. Have fun with those games! You'll have to let me know what the Syberia games are like :P.

19 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Hallelujah! I'm playing Setsuna now, and if that game has one thing, it's flippin' SNOW. I should have the plat soon!

Whoo Whoo! :D I hope your enjoying it & good luck with the platinum! :) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rafi_004 said:

I hope will be another Monthly Madness next year, I will join it!

Do you know if I have any game with snow theme in my backlog? The link is in my signature. I'm not participating but I have to train for the next year! :)

Games with snow from your list would be

Canis Canem Edit

Book of Unwritten Tales 2

Until Dawn

Alienation

That are only the ones I know if you want to join this month.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2017 at 6:09 PM, Pikachu said:

I think there will be another Monthly Madness next year so I'll look forward to adding you in next year. 

I've also had a look on your profile (impressive games by the way! :) ) and I'd count Trine 3 for the theme this month if you were to join as I've seen a couple of screenshots with snow and ice in. 

I appreciate if you add me in the next year MM =)

Trine 3 is the only exception in my profile, I will do it entirely with my wife. Is difficult to play with her, she doesn't like very much the videogames. I started the game over a year ago ?

On 6/12/2017 at 0:06 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

Canis Canem Edit

Until Dawn

Alienation

Then probably I will go into Bully's world, thanks!! =)

Edited by Rafi_004
  • Like 1

On 05/12/2017 at 7:46 PM, daftprophet said:

I'm going to get in on this.

Current Plats: 106

Current 100%: 44

Current Completion Percentage: 80.84

Not sure what games I have just yet.  Will update by tomorrow.

Hey daftprophet! :) Welcome to the event! I've added you to the OP and if you have any questions about the event, then feel free to ask me :).

On 05/12/2017 at 11:06 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

Canis Canem Edit

Until Dawn

Alienation

Thank you! :D I didn't see those ones haha.

1 hour ago, Rafi_004 said:

I appreciate if you add me in the next year MM =)

Trine 3 is the only exception in my profile, I will do it entirely with my wife. Is difficult to play with her, she doesn't like very much the videogames. I started the game over a year ago 1f602.png

I will be glad to add you into the event in January! :) I'll look forward to see you then.

Oh blimey ? Well I hope you manage to get round to it eventually even if your wife isn't a fan of gaming :).

• Like 1

Hey there! Would like to join in for this month AND next year!

Platinum trophies: 03

100% completed: 01

Completion: 37.38%

I think the games on my backlog that fits this month theme are:

- Borderlands 2

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Magicka 2

- The Last of Us Remastered

- Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (? maybe, I remember some snow on it, I have finished this game on pc a while ago, coming back to it on PS4 now)

The others I haven't played far enough to see snow on it haha

8%

11 hours ago, Thalifm said:

I think the games on my backlog that fits this month theme are:

- Borderlands 2

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Magicka 2

- The Last of Us Remastered

- Tomb Raider Definitive Edition (? maybe, I remember some snow on it, I have finished this game on pc a while ago, coming back to it on PS4 now)

8%

Hey there Thalifm! :) Thank you for joining and welcome to the event! 

I've added your stats onto the main page and if you have any questions about the event, then feel free to ask! :) 

All of those games sound like perfect choices for the theme this month! I think Tomb Raider Definitive Edition has a snow section but it's been a while since I've played it. However, let me know what's what in the game when you've played a bit more.

To Everyone:

I will be able to run the event next year and the updates will be every few days! :) 

I'll be thinking about the themes this week so I'll let all know what I come up with. One question though, would you like to see the return of the Random months next year? 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Thalifm said:

8%

4 hours ago, Pikachu said:

All of those games sound like perfect choices for the theme this month! I think Tomb Raider Definitive Edition has a snow section but it's been a while since I've played it. However, let me know what's what in the game when you've played a bit more.

I'm trying to remember if it does, and I can't recall seeing any. I remember sand, storm, fire, rain, but no snow.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1