[2017-2018] Monthly Madness

@Lorajet, Thank you for joining the event! I can't wait to see what games you play this year! :D If you go past the cut-off point by a few hours, then don't worry about it, I'll still count it for you as you've mentioned it to me now! :P 

1 minute ago, Yomako01 said:

Worry not, I'm just clearing up the final bits of Odin Sphere :)

That's great to hear! I'll look forward to hearing from you! :) 

I'm working on a game for January, and I already know what I'll choose for February if the 1st chose wins. For many months now, I was looking forward to January because Ni No Kuni 2 was gonna drop. Now, I have to look forward to Monster Hunter Wrold, and try to think of another game to play this month. Maybe I'll finish Tales of Zestiria. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I'm working on a game for January, and I already know what I'll choose for February if the 1st chose wins. For many months now, I was looking forward to January because Ni No Kuni 2 was gonna drop. Now, I have to look forward to Monster Hunter Wrold, and try to think of another game to play this month. Maybe I'll finish Tales of Zestiria. 

So does this mean that your staying in the event for the time being? :) 

1 minute ago, Lorajet said:

@RizzleAbbey12  Looking through my backlog, I wonder if Uncharted: LL would qualify for the January theme?  Seems like there are moral choices/revenge/turmoil in the game.

Go for it! :P The games don't have to fit to strictly into the theme so even if it has a little relevance to the theme and you can explain it, then I'll probably count it! :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

So does this mean that your staying in the event for the time being? :) 

Yes, I'll be here for another year. Did I write that I wouldn't be joining this year...I can't remember. If I did, then I guess I changed my mind.

Edited by Edunstar84
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Yes, I'll be here for another year. Did I write that I wouldn't be joining this year...I can't remember. If I did, then I guess I changed my mind.

Good! I'm glad to hear that you'll be staying! :D Ooo what are you playing for this month? :) 

10 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Good! I'm glad to hear that you'll be staying! :D Ooo what are you playing for this month? :) 

Sometimes I don't even know me self! Ar Tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel - so many endings, so many choices. It's only good for the 1 ending though. The others feel redundant, and I'm not particularly attached to any of the heroines, so no waifu for me. :P 

13 minutes ago, XX_FTW said:

Lol. Okay: do games you already have progress in count? If so, is there a cut off? Also, how do the HCR/minor theme factor into scoring?

Okay bare with me with this: :P 

1) Yes they count as long as you have more than one trophy left on them. the only exception for this is if you are saving those games for another event such as Platinum Rain Day or something similar. I think that answered your first and second question.

3) The HCR (Hardcore Requirement) theme is just an extra little challenge that you can achieve by completing a game that fits the requirements. These aren't mandatory though so you don't have to complete them in order to complete the month. So they just factor into the challenges not the monthly platinum ranks. The minor theme does factor into the monthly platinum rank scores as, when you have completed a game that fits in with the minor theme requirements, then these apply depending on what type of game you have completed: 

'There will be grades for each month ranging from tFiJcto.png to Y04dodB.png, and they will be shown in a list for each participant in the main post. 

The grades are rewarded for the following criteria:

• tFiJcto.png - No grade: Participant signed up after this month was already over.
  • wm7fEGZ.png - Bronze: Awarded for participating in the event.
  • DDBDyVa.png - Silver: Awarded for finishing the story of a game that fits the theme of the month.
  • 9lZg3hS.png - Gold: Awarded for 100% completing a title without platinum trophy that fit's the theme of the month.
  • Y04dodB.png - Platinum: Awarded for earning the Platinum trophy of a game that fit's the theme of the month.

Participants that earn more than one platinum trophy that fits the theme of the month will get a platinum star for each additional platinum trophy earned in that month.

Participants that earn more than one gold grade, or already have a platinum grade will get a golden star for each additional 100% completed theme-fitting non-platinum game finished that month.

Challenges only have the platinum grade. If you complete a challenge, you will receive the Y04dodB.png grade for that challenge.

As with the monthly grades, participants may earn additional golden stars for their challenge grade by completing the challenge multiple times.

Episodic titles without a platinum trophy will be treated specially:

• DDBDyVa.png - Silver: Awarded for finishing every episode on your profile.
  • 9lZg3hS.png - Gold: Awarded for 100% completing every episode on your profile.
  • Y04dodB.png - Platinum: Awarded for 100% completing every episode of the title.'

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, let me know! :P 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

I will still count it for you when you, eventually :P, finish it. So just let me know when you've finished it and I'll add it into December's slot for you.

Thanks for counting it. I played for two hours today together with @vin_rob but still no luck. I guess I will try to get the trophy for 1 hour a day till I get it.

• Like 1

@RizzleAbbey12 Final 2017 Results for Lorajet!!

Syberia 100%   ✔️Snow  ✔️Retro ✔️Part of another Event ✔️Hard Core

Syberia II 100%   ✔️Snow  ✔️Retro ✔️Part of another Event ✔️Hard Core

South Park SoT 100% ✔️Snow   ✔️Hard Core

Until Dawn 100% ✔️Snow   ✔️Hard Core

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 8

100% Non-Platinum completed: 9

Completion: 28.89%

New Stats:

Platinum trophies: 12

100% Non-Platinum completed: 11

Completion: 31.10%

Edited by Lorajet
Stats
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Hey AS_CHAOTIC! :) Welcome to the event! I've added you to the main post and you are the first person to overtake @Pickle Rick in the list, so well done! :D If you have any questions, then feel free to ask.

@RizzleAbbey12 Happy to be on board, seems like a good way to finish off some games. I was wondering what the difference was between a requirement and a hardcore requirement?

• Like 1

I came out swining this year after staying up way too late on new years. Finished the plat for Life is Strange (Icon is not loading in when I try to paste it sorry) and if anyone is looking for a game for the theme and hasn't tried Life is Strange I would say give it a shot. Unless you hate telltale games because this is very similar to that. Awesome stroy and really strong ending especially if you are hungover and way too tired to deal with emotions :P happy new year everyone

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

@RizzleAbbey12 Happy to be on board, seems like a good way to finish off some games. I was wondering what the difference was between a requirement and a hardcore requirement?

The hardcore requirement is just one of the optional challenges you can complete each month for extra credit / shiny things - see this section of the OP:

On 10/05/2017 at 6:02 PM, MonthlyMadnessTC said:

Challenges (All games completed for these must fit the monthly theme)

Hide contents
  • Complete a retro game. (Anything released before or within 2005 will be eligible as well as any kind of remake/-master or rerelease of those games)
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.
  • Complete 4 games within one month.
  • Complete a game because of the event, that you would not have played anytime soon otherwise.
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • Complete all currently released DLC of a game (games only count once, even if more DLC is released throughout the event).

• Like 1

All done:D (Yes, I did play Santa Claus for this event, yes it was awful) 

:platinum: Odin Sphere: Leifthraiser  2714.pngSnow  2714.pngRetro? 2714.pngPart of another Event (Winter Backlog Challenge)

Santa Claus Saves the World (PS1) 2714.pngSnow  2714.pngRetro 2714.pngHard Core

Pokemon Moon  2714.pngSnow

Final Fantasy V (GBA) 2714.pngSnow 2714.pngRetro

Pre-Event Stats: (My 2017 stats disappeared?)

Current Plats: 58

Current 100%: 6

Current Completion Percentage: 83.37%

Post-Event Stats
Current Plats: 59

Current Completion Percentage: 83.71%

Edited by Yomako01
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Thanks for counting it. I played for two hours today together with @vin_rob but still no luck. I guess I will try to get the trophy for 1 hour a day till I get it.

No problem :). Take as long as you need with it.

19 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

A Requirement is just another word for completing the Minor Theme of the month and it is the one that you need to do in order to be able to say that you've completed the theme for that particular month. A Hardcore Requirement is just an added extra really as it just makes the monthly minor theme a little bit harder. You DON'T have to do the Hardcore Requirement is you don't want to so don't worry about that one. Hope this helps! :) 

17 hours ago, Dessane said:

I came out swining this year after staying up way too late on new years. Finished the plat for Life is Strange (Icon is not loading in when I try to paste it sorry) and if anyone is looking for a game for the theme and hasn't tried Life is Strange I would say give it a shot. Unless you hate telltale games because this is very similar to that. Awesome stroy and really strong ending especially if you are hungover and way too tired to deal with emotions :P happy new year everyone

Wow, well done on being the first to complete a game for this month! :D I've updated your stats for you!

As regards the icon, don't worry about it. It appears but it's just the white part of the icon as it's a mostly black icon. So I've just put a different picture in, so I hope that's okay :) 

6 hours ago, Yomako01 said:

All done:D (Yes, I did play Santa Claus for this event, yes it was awful) 

:platinum: Odin Sphere: Leifthraiser  2714.pngSnow  2714.pngRetro? 2714.pngPart of another Event (Winter Backlog Challenge)

Santa Claus Saves the World (PS1) 2714.pngSnow  2714.pngRetro 2714.pngHard Core

Pokemon Moon  2714.pngSnow

Final Fantasy V (GBA) 2714.pngSnow 2714.pngRetro

Pre-Event Stats: (My 2017 stats disappeared?)

Current Plats: 58

Current Completion Percentage: 83.37%

Post-Event Stats
Current Plats: 59

Current Completion Percentage: 83.71%

Wow, you have been busy! :P You know what, it's nice to see some different platforms in your list as I don't see it very often! :D 

Sorry about your 2017 stats, I thought that you weren't completing anything for December so I deleted it to save some room, but I've put it back and added your new stats for you! Well done on finishing all of those games!

1 hour ago, daftprophet said:

@RizzleAbbey12, definitely got distracted in December and will sit out for Jan.  Hope to come back though.

Okay, that's no problem, I hope to see you back here soon! :) 

21 hours ago, Lorajet said:

@RizzleAbbey12 Final 2017 Results for Lorajet!!

Syberia 100%   2714.pngSnow  2714.pngRetro 2714.pngPart of another Event 2714.pngHard Core

Syberia II 100%   2714.pngSnow  2714.pngRetro 2714.pngPart of another Event 2714.pngHard Core

South Park SoT 100% 2714.pngSnow   2714.pngHard Core

Until Dawn 100% 2714.pngSnow   2714.pngHard Core

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 8

100% Non-Platinum completed: 9

Completion: 28.89%

New Stats:

Platinum trophies: 12

100% Non-Platinum completed: 11

Completion: 31.10%

Well done on completing yet another game! :P I've updated your stats for you!

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 2

@RizzleAbbey12 @SyIaris Yes I am still here, and unfortunately I did not succeed in completing a game involving snow.

If possible I would like to use the last skip I had for 2017 and use Batman as the logo for the month, if that is still possible.

Root Letter might be my choice for January but will have a closer look at what I have though.

Hi there @RizzleAbbey12 and @SyIaris .

Although I'm in the -Inactive- tab, I would also like to see my 2017 statistics — That's one of the reasons I hunted trophies last year, to participate in awesome events as this and see my progression over time.;)

So please put the below in my field  =D  

Additional stats:

Available skips: 2

Stats before the event:

Platinum trophies: 12

100% completed: 9

Completion: 83.71%

Stat changes during the event:

Platinum trophies: +11

100% completed: +4

Completion: +0.67%

Stats after the event: