F**K ONLINE TROPHIES.

GRITTY_PITTY

I love multiplayer and online co-op (headsets even better) in particular...all of the most fun times I've had gaming have been online...more than once I've had a hard time playing cuz I was on the verge of pi$$ing my pants from laughing so hard...makes earning trophies seem secondary...

That being said, have to agree that it sucks for some games and that some games could be more fun if there was an online aspect to them...my #1 wish for this is to have Max Payne 3 campaign be co-op...I would love to do NYMHC with friends...

Edited by ProfBambam55

The single player aspect will always be a side note to the multiplayer for fighting games, so it makes sense for there to at least be some online trophies. On the other hand for something like Tomb Raider, I would agree that it's ridiculous to include online multiplayer trophies for a game that is far more focused on the single player aspect. 

Edited by ObliviousSenpai

The fact that people are crying about online trophies that only need you to win a total of three games is pathetic as hell and puts the entire community in a bad light.

Maybe if the online was a tacked on mode that had nothing to do with the core game i could see where you're coming from but in this case it's literally one of the main focuses of the game. 

• Like 3

On 9-6-2017 at 2:38 PM, grimydawg said:

Eh, they're not too bad, if you know how to play.

They aren't, but the point was that compared to Tekken it takes a lot more skill and time to get them.

For online trophys in general. I hate them please don't put them into your game :(

For Tekken 7: they were fairly easy. i won my very first online ranked match against a higher ranked lucky Chloe, won my first game in a tournament (and instantly lost the second one to a mentor level guy) and then did the remaining 8 battles with 7 wins or something. I'm not an expert at fighting games but the low level enemies you should find at the beginning should be fairly beatable with short strings.

If you have trouble look at some youtube videos. They will explain basics like movement and how to combine stings and things like that which makes it way easier to beat someone who doesn't know.

Edited by RyuVienna

Honestly, with a game like this that has a massive community upon launch and would have their servers online for a pretty substantial amount of time, winning 3 out of 10 online matches played isn't a very big ask. 

Even for someone completely new to the game, they can do the research and practise combos to wreck players online just like the rest of the seasoned veteran players have done at some point.

Almost all of the complaints were about the matchmaking which was basically broken until they patched it. The online trophies in this game are pretty much perfect in my opinion. They get you to play online without requiring a major time investment or a high skill level. Anybody going for the trophies now shouldn't really have much of an issue since there are still a ton of casuals playing. In a few months, getting one ranked win might be a pretty tough task for trophy hunters though.

• 2 weeks later...