e3 2017 reactions!

skinner49

29 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

The only good new announcement is Metro. And I'm praying it's not exclusive. If not, good of Microsoft to get a SOLID game.

The trailer states "Metro Exodus will be departing 2018 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC!" in the description, hopefully none of it is timed-exclusive as it looks amazing.

1 minute ago, Death_Ninja said:

Sony will do the same crap, but under "First on PlayStation" instead.

''First on playstation'' is making clear from the get go that it will be on PC and or Xbox aswell. Microsofts conferences always have this person speaking up before EVERY game : 'Exclusive'. To a point it gets annoying. And in the letters it says: 'Launch Exclusive'. It has been like that now for 3 E3's in a row LOL

Just now, Barriebar17 said:

''First on playstation'' is making clear from the get go that it will be on PC and or Xbox aswell. Microsofts conferences always have this person speaking up before EVERY game : 'Exclusive'. To a point it gets annoying. And in the letters it says: 'Launch Exclusive'. It has been like that now for 3 E3's in a row LOL

Oh absolutely, you can tell MS was trying to go the convoluted route with the wording. Even I thought Xbox exclusive until I was told that was just a fancy way of saying timed exclusive lol

4 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Yeah I'm not gonna lie I thought their conference was complete garbage, but it was because their presentation was garbage. I will amend that statement if Anthem is revealed to be exclusive (it's not), and if Metro Exodus is exclusive (I highly doubt it because they didn't brag that it was).

Oh yea, Xbox and their 'EXCLUSIVE' shouting throughout the whole stage even though it's just timed exclusive at best.

Once again, Phil Spencer and his overconfidence was more laughable than anything.

'We present you 22 exclusives!'

'WOOOOOOOO'
'But we are not going to tell you that of these, only like 4 are actual exclusives! MUHEHEHEHE!'

'And two of them are going to be cancelled so you only have Forza and Ori'

Here's article regarding Anthem btw.

It's actually one day old.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/10/ea-bioware-reveal-anthem-ps4-xbox-one-pc/

Pretty mediocre for E3. Star Wars Battlefront II has my attention and I saw a few more I'm looking forward to but so far it's lacking. Maybe I just have higher expectations from previous E3 viewings. 

5 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

Oh absolutely, you can tell MS was trying to go the convoluted route with the wording. Even I thought Xbox exclusive until I was told that was just a fancy way of saying timed exclusive lol

Haha yeah, and they get away with it. Watching this post conference thing live on IGN right now. Even they get confused: 'oh wait it was exclusive? Or lauch window exclusive? cause in the letters it said this, but in the beginning they said that'' '' Its just a fancy way of saying timed exclusive'' haha, bastards.

Edited by Barriebar17

Just now, Barriebar17 said:

Haha yeah, and they get away with it. Watching this post conference thing live on IGN right now. Even they get confused: 'oh wait it was exclusive? Or lauch window exclusive? cause in the letters ir said this, but in the beginning they said that'' '' Its just a fancy way of saying timed exclusive'' haha, bastards.

Too much heavy use of words this gen for these things lol

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh yea, Xbox and their 'EXCLUSIVE' shouting throughout the whole stage even though it's just timed exclusive at best.

Once again, Phil Spencer and his overconfidence was more laughable than anything.

'We present you 22 exclusives!'

'WOOOOOOOO'
'But we are not going to tell you that of these, only like 4 are actual exclusives! MUHEHEHEHE!'

'And two of them are going to be cancelled so you only have Forza and Ori'

Here's article regarding Anthem btw.

It's actually one day old.

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/10/ea-bioware-reveal-anthem-ps4-xbox-one-pc/

Microsoft has always been deceptive. I used to be an Xbox only gamer for a little over 7 years. That decision was fueled by friends at the time though, and Mass Effect being an exclusive title; again, at the time.

They've really lost their way. So of course I'm very critical and sometimes brutal towards them. I have no problem pointing out when they do something good, or present something I wish Sony would do. Like the Xbox Game Pass. I LOVE that idea, I think it's genius. Same with refunds. Those are things that are important to every person on a system. 

Backwards compatibility is so niche because not everybody is stuck in nostalgia and wants to buy a $600 console just to play shit they played ten years ago. I still have my Original Xbox and Conker Live and Reloaded. And while it looks like shit today, I have no reason to ever want to buy another Xbox, that much is VERY clear from that presentation.

I was so impressed when they said 22 exclusives, but I waited before patting them on the back. I was expecting some Tomb Raider shit for sure. But they didn't even showcase Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Surprised.

4 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

What do you mean by this?  Genuine question.

I mean people will rush out and buy an Xbox One X solely to play original Xbox games. Which I think is fucking hilarious, pardon the french.

Especially if it's revealed that it works on all Xbox One consoles, which I'm sure it will.

Edited by Valyrious

Just now, Splathew said:

BioWare clearly put more effort in the Anthem than they did the latest Mass Effect...

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and

Hoooooold on lol Different Bioware teams my man lol Anthem is developed by Bioware Edmonton. They are responsible for the original Mass Effect trilogy, not Andromeda.

• Like 3

Just now, Valyrious said:

I mean people will rush out and buy an Xbox One X solely to play original Xbox games. Which I think is fucking hilarious, pardon the french,

I'll clarify my post.  I will buy a ONE X when the price comes down significantly to play games I've wanted to replay for a long time now with higher resolution and faster loading times.  I'm not a PC gamer because I'm just not.  I haven't owned an Xbox system since the OG.  There are a ton of old Xbox games I would love to replay.  I don't see anything wrong with that. 

I missed EA's conference, and I was going to watch it back, but I barely lasted 5 minutes before getting bored of that. Nothing of interest to me got announced anyway. Same old EA...

Xbox's conference was fine. Some solid announcements, but the ones I cared about are multiplatform games anyway. Why should I be buying this Xbox One X thing again? Oh yeah, 4K... *yawns* I think I'll pass. The guy near the beginning sounded so arrogant when talking about its specs like he was waving his big dick around or something. :P All this power doesn't mean much when your lineup of exclusive games is pretty piss poor. Speaking of exclusives, it bothers me how much they throw around the word. It makes it incredibly confusing as to what is a real exclusive and not a timed exclusive or "Xbox One X exclusive features". What does that even mean!? Overall, it wasn't terrible, but it certainly wasn't good.

Bethesda's up next then. Here's hoping they will do better than EA and Microsoft. It shouldn't be hard. I'm looking forward to learning more about The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein: The New Colossus.

3 minutes ago, Death_Ninja said:

Hoooooold on lol Different Bioware teams my man lol Anthem is developed by Bioware Edmonton. They are responsible for the original Mass Effect trilogy, not Andromeda.

Yup, Andromeda was led by the new Bioware studio, Montreal. Which was the team mostly responsible for outsourcing work on Mass Effect 3's multiplayer.

Lots of similarities between Anthem and Andromeda though. The UI was practically identical, for one.

Edited by Valyrious

I own an Xbox One, and there wasn't really anything in Microsoft's conference in the way of triple-A exclusives that got me excited. AC Origins looks great, but then that's coming out on PS4 also.

Other than a few indie games, what do Microsoft really have in terms of exclusivity? I'd like to use my Xbox One more, but I've barely touched it this year what with the barrage of great PS exclusives coming out every other month. The latter half of 2017 will seemingly be no different.