Limited Run Games Upcoming Releases

TechnicalPixel

got a copy of Oceanhorn myself and Wonderboy releases this friday.

On 7/18/2017 at 10:28 AM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Hm... now what. Getting LRG or Asia version...?

i got the Asian version of Wonderboy instead of the LRG. Kept thinking it was the same but I was wrong. Mine shipped from Play-Asia before LRG had a release date.

I see Tharsis listed on their "Upcoming Releases" page, albeit without a date as of yet.  Nice game, but I would have thought it was a little too niche/obscure for them.  And I'll only buy it from LRG if it's a separate trophy stack, as otherwise I see no particularly wonderful reason to give them my money for that when I've already played the digital version to death.

12 minutes ago, fastflowdaman said:

That's definitely the case, as it's been like that for every LRG game.

They released about 50 different games so far and only a minor portion has seperate lists:
Broken Age Vita, Rainbow Moon, Runner2 and Söldner-X 2 from what I remember.

I wouldn't call that a large amound of games with own trophy stacks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.8.2017 at 8:10 PM, DPatriot said:

Yeah, so what. One of their fundamentals always was to create physical copies of the latest version including every patch and whatnot.

It is known since a long time that N++ will get that free update which is around the same size as the main game. Leaving the buyers with a game that is 50% of the real deal.

• 3 weeks later...

On the fence about The Flame in the Flood...

On the one hand, the game interests me enough to go for it.  If I like a game, I def. want a LRG copy whenever possible.

On the other, its hard to pay a premium for a game I've never played before.

Edited by Dreakon13

• 1 month later...

Noooo, I’ve been dreading this. I’m all physical when available on Switch, and it has been so cool to see Nicalis and others publishing readily available indie games. Limited Run joining in means I’ll have to start playing their preorder game or worse, dive into reseller territory! I already swore off doing this long ago after missing out on important (to me) LRG Vita releases ?

Scared their first game will be Gonner too ?

Edited by Super Glamicom

Isn't  Night Trap that one game that led to the ESRP  being created because the developers decided to chicken out and not fight  the accusations unlike the developers of Mortal Kombat? This  games  developer  is responsible for ridiculous amount of video game censorship and games not being released in Australia :( 
I kind of feel like buying a copy just to burn it lol  :P 

Nuclear Throne
Salt and Sanctuary 
Wonderboy
A bard's tale
Rabi-Ribi 
Jotun
Plague Road

Are all games  I would like to own a physical copy of if have the cash  <3