Padding Platinums with 1000 Top Rated, Mayo....

Just now, DarkSamuraii- said:

Shaming people's trophy lists is childish regardless. 

Dude who are you kidding? Quit trying to reach. This is why we are all mostly here. You ain't on PSNProfiles unless you trophy hunt or at least compare and contrast with other people on the site. Its competitive by nature when comparing with others so don't even. You clearly looked at my profile to try to tear it down so that was the same idea so what do you have to say for yourself now? 

Its not my fault the worse you could pick out was Pacman. 

56 minutes ago, DarkSamuraii- said:

They could be worse. They could all be people like you and shame other people's trophy lists. If it bothers you that much then go complain to Sony about it. Also it's pretty ironic how you have games like pac-man in your trophy list. Js.

This was the most amusing comment so far. I completely agree. Seems like if you have these trophies you must be a horrible gamer, according to some.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bahamut3104 said:

This was the most amusing comment so far. I completely agree. Seems like if you have these trophies you must be a horrible gamer, according to some.

Saying that I could be a terrible person because I can love Pac-Man so much? Wow! It's Pac-Man. And it's the classic game that you can play, regardless of an easy exploitable Platinum!

I know, I'm on your side. It must be stupid to try to destroy somebody's image...

Edited by Maxie Mouse

1 hour ago, tonesdad0408 said:
Lames. Why would you want this stain tied to your profile? Don't give me no crap about who cares and people play for the experience, blah, blah, blah. No. 

To anyone who got this they clearly got it for a almost free platinum to pad their trophies with otherwise no one would have got it for any other reason considering that "experience" people like to justify this garbage with is non existent. I could get the same experience doing a crossword puzzle in my newspaper. 

Justify it all you want you ain't fooling anyone. You cared enough to get it so you clearly care enough to want platinum trophies so just admit it, quit justifying when called out on this shame, and one last one.......... GIT GUD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit 

Clearly, you've cared enough to create such a nonsense thread that isn't needed other than to bash people for buying cheap easy games. 

Yes, I got this for the free plat, does that really bother you that much? 98 cents, so I couldn't careless what you think of me :D

And telling people to git gud LOL. How old are you?

Edited by Combatting
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Dude who are you kidding? Quit trying to reach. This is why we are all mostly here. You ain't on PSNProfiles unless you trophy hunt or at least compare and contrast with other people on the site. Its competitive by nature when comparing with others so don't even. You clearly looked at my profile to try to tear it down so that was the same idea so what do you have to say for yourself now? 

Its not my fault the worse you could pick out was Pacman. 

Competition and shaming are two completely different things. Don't try to use the competitiveness of this site as an excuse for your childishness.

I compare trophy lists to mine all the time, but never once have i thought "wow look at the plats this guy has, he should be ashamed"

sometimes i think "oh i have better plats than he does" which makes me feel a little satisfied for a while, but i don't make a nonsense, condescending, childish attack topic to try to shame them.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 3

so I'm finding it very funny that the op of this thread has taken the time out of his or her life to make a post about people wasting there time and he or she is getting upset about them getting a platinum in an easy game. Clearly the op is just as bad as them by his or her definition because he or she has taken time to bring this up! I SAY DO WHAT YOU WANT IN THE TROPHY DEPARTMENT AS LONG AS YOUR HAVING FUN DOING IT!!!!!

1 hour ago, tonesdad0408 said:

When you're passionate about something, this kinda crap becomes annoying due to several reasons. One, its annoying that people who supposedly don't care about trophies feel the need to support this. 2 its bad on the developers part for feeding into it.

I'm passionate about trophy hunting. I've got plenty of UR plats, and I compare trophy cards all the time. But I absolutely LOVE a cheap plat (in every sense of the term) every now and again. they are particularly useful in keeping my trophy streak alive (704 days and counting!).

I support it fully. I don't want the store to become flooded with these titles, but I don't think it will. And while I don't have a whole lot of interest in slide puzzles of 1000 top rated, I thought My Name is Mayo was pretty funny, and Mr. Massagy even more so (although at 4x the price).

Edited by starcrunch061

To all the easily offended getting butthurt on here, tough! 

We either have a massive amount of White Knights, trolls, or you guys just can't resist but defending your platinums. You obviously feel the need to defend yourselves. Wonder why? 

And the same way you can tell me to grow up and why do I care. Look in the mirror hypocrites because each and every one of you looked at my profile to try to see what you could tear down before you even commented. I guess bullying is ok when you want to justify your lame platinum.

I guess bullying is ok when its your opinion. I guess bullying is ok when YOUR feelings are the one that got hurt. Well too bad lames. 

I ain't as sensitive as you all.

3 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

We either have a massive amount of White Knights, trolls, or you guys just can't resist but defending your platinums. You obviously feel the need to defend yourselves. Wonder why? 

And the same way you can tell me to grow up and why do I care. Look in the mirror hypocrites because each and every one of you looked at my profile to try to see what you could tear down before you even commented. I guess bullying is ok when you want to justify your lame platinum.

I guess bullying is ok when its your opinion. I guess bullying is ok when YOUR feelings are the one that got hurt. Well too bad lames. 

Calling people hypocrites now? You must be pretty sensitive in order to create a thread to bash people getting easy/crap plats for no reason whatsoever *shrugs*.

Pretty pointless thread, imo. 

Edited by Combatting
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Obviously you were sensitive enough about these plats to create this topic.

Obviously you are sensitive enough to lash out against those who commented.

you can talk all you want but your actions show otherwise, poser.

• Like 2

Why do I misread the title of the thread the whole time and think about pudding platinums? :|

I guess it's time to get a snack. <_<

@topic:
I couldn't care less if someone pads their platinum counter with easy and cheap games like My Name Is Mayo, 1000 Top-rated, skips VNs, or searches the www for other #easyplat #fastplat-games (hey, it helped me to get some more money out of Xblaze, so why should I complain :P ). It's their time and money they might waste (at least in my opinion) but as long as those games fulfill what the person intended them to do, why should I care about that?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

I don't want the store to become flooded with these titles, but I don't think they will. 

I think the opposite, with apparently no standards for platinums and developers making money for minimal effort I see this turning into a big issue eventually. Similar issues almost killed video games during Atari's decline and absolutely killed the Wii with what was affectionately called "shovelware".

That being said, the video game industry is an entertainment juggernaut nowadays that isn't going away and I also don't see Sony losing momentum because of these games. However, it will be interesting to see what the long term impact will be . . .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Combatting said:

Calling people hypocrites now? You must be pretty sensitive in order to create a thread to bash people getting easy/crap plats for no reason whatsoever *shrugs*.

Pretty pointless thread, imo. 

......Yet you're still here....... thanks for all the activity, my profile just got 100 views in like an hour. 

You'll be back to this pointless thread again and again.... must like to waste your own time.....

Just now, tonesdad0408 said:

......Yet you're still here....... thanks for all the activity, my profile just got 100 views in like an hour. 

You'll be back to this pointless thread again and again.... must like to waste your own time.....

Congrats, you must be pleased :D

Naw, I think it's run it's course now as you are clearly out of arguments or replies ?

I don't know too much about 1000 top rated other than the developers had to pull the game off the store because Sony asked them to change the name of the game and remove all mention of "an easy platinum" from the game description. In that instance, it is clear that the developer created a game simply to bait trophy hunters to purchase their game. As far as I am concerned, that is wrong and should be discouraged by both Sony and the gaming community. That's a shameful platinum.

On the other hand, games like This is Mayo and Mr. Massagy have a reputation of been the easiest platinum on PS4. People who have played the game have said they are fun games to play and are packed with humour. It is clear that the developer created a game for trophy hunters to get an easy platinum and but they hid their agenda behind a game that is fun and quirky to play. That is not a shameful platinum imo because the developers tried to create something that gamer might get some enjoyment out of. Should these games have a platinum? Maybe. Maybe not.

At the end of the day, a platinum is just another trophy like a bronze, silver or a gold. It's only purpose is to demonstrate that players have done everything there is to do in a game. Some platinums are more impressive than others just like some bronze, silver and gold trophies are more impressive than others. It doesn't really matter.

1 minute ago, Combatting said:

Congrats, you must be pleased :D

Naw, I think it's run it's course now as you are clearly out of arguments or replies 1f602.png

Still here Mr. I don't care? I made my point, you and your ilk are the ones who can't handle it.

Every reply will be the same when all I get is a bunch of people saying the same 2 things while they try to justify something as lame as these plats.

4 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

Still here Mr. I don't care? I made my point, you and your ilk are the ones who can't handle it.

Every reply will be the same when all I get is a bunch of people saying the same 2 things while they try to justify something as lame as these plats.

90% of the comments are criticizing you for being aggressive and childish. Half of the comments don't even mention the plats you brought up because your ridiculous mentality towards them is a much, much more pressing issue.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, tonesdad0408 said:

No one is "butthurt" over your opinion, just annoyed at your lack of respect for what platinums people choose to get. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Deadborne said:

I'm not entirely sure why gamers in general tend to turn on each other like this. For some reason threads like this one are a dime a dozen on this board. It's not like you'll convince people to change their ways by shouting yours from the top of your lungs.
And if you're not trying to get people to change their ways, and you just want to make people feel bad about themselves or ashamed of their gaming habits, then come on, that's not cool. No matter the reasoning. No exception.

That's right! Surprise! If your goal, for even a moment, is to make people feel negative about the things they enjoy, that's probably not a cool thing to do in the grand spectrum of things!

Here's the bottom-line, guys.
If you're like me and you're a total slave to the sweet siren of that metallic clink and you'll go any lengths to hear it often, you're awesome.
If your trophy profile is full of only the toughest games and you're a completion badass, you're awesome.
If you only play the games you like and aren't beholden to any rules set by yourself or anyone else, you're awesome.
If you swear by another console or PC, and you love the feel of a different platform than one of Sony's, guess what, you're still awesome.
If any ten of us got together in a room, we could talk about games all day, and that's awesome. It's silly to have sixty things in common and poke at the one thing that sets us apart. I'd probably love hanging out with any one of you if I met you.

^ This. I would like to buy you a beer. ?

• Like 2