The 13 Plats of Halloween

Changing difficulty means restarting the chapter, so I had to go through the full Hell that I experienced. This game is well beyond my normal skill level, so maybe it is just me. Casual I found the Traumas and the Boss fight soooooo much easier, even without upgrades. Boss went down first time - though I used the stealth technique and sniped eyeball until the second phase and unloaded on explosives. Makes me realise i could only have been one or two shots off downing him on Survivor. Oh well. On to Chapter 11!

2 hours ago, MadDogProskelion said:

Changing difficulty means restarting the chapter, so I had to go through the full Hell that I experienced. This game is well beyond my normal skill level, so maybe it is just me. Casual I found the Traumas and the Boss fight soooooo much easier, even without upgrades. Boss went down first time - though I used the stealth technique and sniped eyeball until the second phase and unloaded on explosives. Makes me realise i could only have been one or two shots off downing him on Survivor. Oh well. On to Chapter 11!

I'm not particularly skilled either. We'll see how it goes. 

Looks like Amnesia Collection is the horror title for October PS+, which is already on my event playlist. Metal Gear Solid 5 is the other one for PS4. My friend just gave me his physical copy about a week or two back so I'm slightly disappointed that there is nothing new for me on the PS4 this month. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Looks like Amnesia Collection is the horror title for October PS+, which is already on my event playlist. Metal Gear Solid 5 is the other one for PS4. My friend just gave me his physical copy about a week or two back so I'm slightly disappointed that there is nothing new for me on the PS4 this month. 

Sorry to hear, there are so also the crossbuys of Hue and Sky Force Anniversary.

Happy to see Amnesia on there, might use it replace Kholat for 13 actual Platinums.

MGSV seems overwhelming. Played prior iterations way back in the dat, but all of that time to seek collectables seems a bit much, no?

Edited by blu3st4rdust305
Typo

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Oh man. Is that any good? I remember thinking it looked cheesy even back when it was a new release.

I mean it's cheesy as hell, but I love 90's cheese so I love it. It's not a hard platinum but it's not easy. This last trophy is a major grind though. It's got cumulatively trapping 1987 bad guys. A perfect run is 100. Granted the game is only 26 minutes long, but I've seen every single scene now, so it's just pure repetition at this point. All the other trophies were great, this one is a bit much.

I am genuinely surprised that no one else has it on their list though.

Just a little update from me;

I've managed to complete the Leech Hunter mode in Resident Evil 0! :D Even got the A rank as well and here's a link to the guide I used to get the A rank, just in case anyone is going to be going for it themselves;

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/resident-evil-zero/282787-leech-hunter-text-guide-tips-normal.html

Now I can move onto the Speedrun and Wesker Modes which should be fairly simple. I think the only think that may cause me some trouble is Hard Mode but I'm sure i'll be better than I have been as I'm pretty used to the controls and how to play the game in the best way. 

On a side note, I'm glad to see the Amnesia: Collection is being offered for October's PS+! I will definitely try to renew so I can get it and if I do I will definitely add it to my list on here!

Edited by RizzleAbbey12
  • Like 1

I finished White Night the other day. Man that game got frustrating..

I'll be changing up my list soon though. Won't have the patience for the remaining 4 so in the mean time, I'll be playing other things to get my backlog down. Like FF15. Started that yesterday and it's freaking amazing! I'm aiming to make that my 175th plat milestone. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Just a little update from me;

I've managed to complete the Leech Hunter mode in Resident Evil 0! :D Even got the A rank as well and here's a link to the guide I used to get the A rank, just in case anyone is going to be going for it themselves;

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/resident-evil-zero/282787-leech-hunter-text-guide-tips-normal.html

Now I can move onto the Speedrun and Wesker Modes which should be fairly simple. I think the only think that may cause me some trouble is Hard Mode but I'm sure i'll be better than I have been as I'm pretty used to the controls and how to play the game in the best way. 

On a side note, I'm glad to see the Amnesia: Collection is being offered for October's PS+! I will definitely try to renew so I can get it and if I do I will definitely add it to my list on here!

Do you manage to get the two extra Leech Hunter trophies I mean Distracted from the hunt and Who Needs Partners?  I remember thos were pretty annoyed xD

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I mean it's cheesy as hell, but I love 90's cheese so I love it. It's not a hard platinum but it's not easy. This last trophy is a major grind though. It's got cumulatively trapping 1987 bad guys. A perfect run is 100. Granted the game is only 26 minutes long, but I've seen every single scene now, so it's just pure repetition at this point. All the other trophies were great, this one is a bit much.

I am genuinely surprised that no one else has it on their list though.

I totally admit my pre-teen biases may be in effect. If I see it on sale again, I think I'll try it out. I do like B movie horror now and then. 

2 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Do you manage to get the two extra Leech Hunter trophies I mean Distracted from the hunt and Who Needs Partners?  I remember thos were pretty annoyed xD

I managed to get Distracted from the Hunt but not Who Needs Partners yet, but I think that one will be alot easier than the one for killing all enemies. I need a break from Leech Hunter though for now as I'm sick of seeing the little devils :D 

50 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I totally admit my pre-teen biases may be in effect. If I see it on sale again, I think I'll try it out. I do like B movie horror now and then. 

Honestly, I would say just buy it. It's a fun slice of video game history, an (with the exception of master trapper) enjoyable platinum, a great fit for this challenge, and if this is successful that means more of these games are gonna get remastered. Sewer Shark, Double Switch, maybe even the make my video series.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Honestly, I would say just buy it. It's a fun slice of video game history, an (with the exception of master trapper) enjoyable platinum, a great fit for this challenge, and if this is successful that means more of these games are gonna get remastered. Sewer Shark, Double Switch, maybe even the make my video series.

Alright. I am talked into this one. I honestly haven't been paying any attention to it since I thought it was just remade crap from the 90s. I didn't know it was actually enjoyable. I can live with one grindy trophy to get a plat. I just watched the trailer on the PS Store again and it made me laugh at the sheer ninetiesness and I think I could get my wife to watch me play through it once.

I have six plats to go. The Last of Us and Until Dawn were practically the reason I decided to make this event; so they stay. Claire is like an hour away from being done; so that stays. I have most of the trophies already but I haven't synced the Vita in a couple days. Lone Survivor was a recommendation from @bruin-rocks so I want to keep that on my list. I want to make a serious attempt at The Evil Within and share in some of the tribulations that @MadDogProskelion is going through. So Amnesia: Collection is returning to the back log I guess. If I can't handle The Evil Within, Amnesia may make a comeback. 

• Like 1

Finished Resident Evil! I ended up doing five (!) playthroughs because I was too scared to do invisible enemies at the same time as my no save run. As I got near the end of my invisible enemy run, though, I began to regret that decision, because I hadn't died a single time...and then I picked up the fuel capsule, got slapped by a chimera, and ended up splattered over every wall in the laboratory. Believe me when I say that I was a lot more careful the second time around.

I also ran into problems with Every Nook and Cranny, but fortunately I found a room I had completely missed and got that without the need for a sixth playthrough.

Fun game, but those screen transitions are a killer.

• Like 3

Congrats @Cassylvania. Pretty impressive plat right there.

I got a start on Nightmares from the Deep last night. Very good game and highly recommended. The trophy guide on this website gave it a 1/10 in difficulty but I completely disagree with that score. I'd give it a 3/10 at least simply for the trophy that requires you to complete a game of majong in under 1 minute. I think I have to do a second playthrough just to get this trophy before I do a third one to get the hidden objects related trophies. Also I am halfway through the game and I've only gotten 4 out of the 12 coins that are needed so I may missed one or two along the way to unlock that trophy.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Finished Resident Evil! I ended up doing five (!) playthroughs because I was too scared to do invisible enemies at the same time as my no save run. As I got near the end of my invisible enemy run, though, I began to regret that decision, because I hadn't died a single time...and then I picked up the fuel capsule, got slapped by a chimera, and ended up splattered over every wall in the laboratory. Believe me when I say that I was a lot more careful the second time around.

I also ran into problems with Every Nook and Cranny, but fortunately I found a room I had completely missed and got that without the need for a sixth playthrough.

Fun game, but those screen transitions are a killer.

Let me guess... was it a room in the guest house? actually in the lab when you first see the Neptunes? ?

• Like 1

Thanks so much, @RizzleAbbey12! I wasn't really planning on finishing it as fast as I did. It's just that so many of the playthroughs (Real Survivor, Invisible Enemies, no save, etc.) require knowing where things are and what order to do things in that I wanted to get all of the trophies while everything was fresh in my head. And the one playthrough where I wanted to take a break was my no save run, so that wasn't even an option.

Like you, I saved the marshmallow trophy for last.

@Uchiha_Snake__ Ha, I thought it was. I did miss that room, but I ran back to it and there were no items to be found. The room I was missing was on the second floor in the western wing, which was really just a careless mistake on my part. I also missed the shotgun shells right on the ground at the end of the game.

I picked up Revelations, so I'll likely begin that soon. I very much doubt I'll have time for The Evil Within.

• Like 1