Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Listed For Xbox One

Parker

Update: A retailer has now added a page listing an Xbox One version of the Crash Trilogy, adding to mounting evidence that it's on the way.

Spotted by GameRant on Base.com, the listing suggests a December 8 release date, but includes no further details.

We have contacted Activision for comment.

Original story: A video of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy allegedly running with Xbox One button prompts replacing those of the PS4 has surfaced.

As reported by XboxAchievements, one of the remaster's UI artist shared a video of the remade Crash trilogy running with button UI for an Xbox One controller.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - Every Boss Remastered
02:31

Whether the button prompts suggest the game is running on an Xbox One or PC, however, remains unclear. The UI in the video also still includes nods to the series' PlayStation roots, as the original PlayStation memory card is still used during save screens. Zisa has since taken down the original video.

IGN has reached out to Activision regarding the video and whether the N. Sane Trilogy could be released for other platforms.

As of right now, no announcement from Activision has been made about N. Sane trilogy potentially coming to platforms beyond the PlayStation 4.

Source: IGN

It looks like the rumors may be true and the N. Sane Trilogy may be getting a multiplatform release. If true, I hope there is a Switch version as well, it could also potentially mean we'll see another Crash game in the future since I've read the trilogy has been very successful on the PS4.

Parker

Edited by Parker

9 minutes ago, KingGuy420 said:

The series hasn't been PS exclusive for years lol. Pretty sure there's been more non exclusive Crash games than exclusive ones.

2 minutes ago, Mr_McNight said:

I think the point @Dragon-Archon was making is the fact that the original trilogy was Playstation exclusive so the remake should stay exclusive much like the Final Fantasy 7 remake should stay exclusive to Playstation

Yep, @Mr_McNight is right, I was referring to the original trilogy.

• Like 1

Excluding PC only games Activision doesn't do "console exclusivity" with major franchises. They do timed exclusivity or DLC exclusivity but not complete exclusivity. I remember they made a few PlayStation 2 / Xbox exclusives but during the last gen I don't remember them doing any exclusives outside of Kinect games. 

At least if they do make the N Sane Trilogy multiplatform then PS4 got it first :) I would prefer the trilogy to stay only on PS4 because the originals were exclusive to PS1. But honestly with the way it is selling on PS4 alone Activision knows there are players on other platforms that want these games but don't have a PS4 and will milk the trilogy for what it is worth. With Activision though it is a good thing they want to take it multiplatform we could get a brand new Crash title out of it if all versions does well.

The actual PS1 editions I believe are exclusive to PS platforms though. I don't see any other platform except for PS3/PSP/Vita getting the original Naughty Dog versions. 

The more copies it sells, the greater chance Activision will remake something like Spyro as well, not to mention other publishers following suit (Tomb Raider 1-5? Make it happen, Square Enix!) Naturally I'll always recognise Crash as PlayStation's unofficial mascot, but times have changed - and besides, it's not PlayStation which is lacking in exclusives these days.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

WTF!!! This is so wrong if it's real, Crash should remain a PS exclusive

I'd rather Sony lose a trilogy of 20 something year old exclusive games if that means there is a chance that we see another proper Crash game released. 

Parker

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Parker said:

I'd rather Sony lose a trilogy of 20 something year old exclusive games if that means there is a chance that we see another proper Crash game released. 

Parker

Now I'm having mixed feelings, I'd love another proper Crash game or a Spyro trilogy remaster.

I'm not even surprised of it. I mean, it's Activision and they'd never release their games exclusively for a console in the long run. They wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to make more money.

It's good for XBox and PC players (maybe Nintendo too?) to experience the original Crash Trilogy in its glorious modern graphics. Still, there's nothing replacing, in my own nostalgic mind, that Crash belongs to the Playstation history and heritage, so I'll always stick with PlayStation when playing past, present and future Crash games. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With Sonic remaining alive while SEGA consoles are dead, Mario and Pokémon making baby steps on iOS/Android, a port of the SNES game Super Star Wars coming exclusively to PS4 (not having been released on Nintendo's Virtual Console since the Wii) and other franchises playing hopscotch with exclusivity, this isn't that unbelievable.

I'd almost say that Sony should give Xbox a couple of PlayStation exclusives so they can get a taste of what they're missing without a Sony console (I've had consoles on most sides and in my opinion, Microsoft has the least appealing exclusives).

I have not bought the reboot yet (never been a fan of the series, tried it for a bit on my brother's PS One but I didn't like it) but it coming to the Switch would definitely increase the odds of me buying it.

On 2017-09-16 at 8:38 PM, BillyHorrible said:

I'd almost say that Sony should give Xbox a couple of PlayStation exclusives so they can get a taste of what they're missing without a Sony console (I've had consoles on most sides and in my opinion, Microsoft has the least appealing exclusives).

This would be a terrible marketing move. There would be no point of buying a console. Remember, exclusives make gaming machines sold. It's a fact.

With the recent and future Microsoft games that once were XBox exclusive are on PC now. This decision gives many people no reason of buying an XBox, without mentioning that there are not many appealing exclusive games from Microsoft, which doesn't really help. Nintendo would have ceased to exist if they gave up their games exclusively on Nintendo consoles.

Edited by Maxie Mouse
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

This would be a terrible marketing move. There would be no point of buying a console. Remember, exclusives make gaming machines sold. It's a fact.

With the recent and future Microsoft games that once were XBox exclusive are on PC now. This decision gives many people no reason of buying an XBox, without mentioning that there are not many appealing exclusive games from Microsoft, which doesn't really help. Nintendo would have ceased to exist if they gave up their games exclusively on Nintendo consoles.

Nintendo gets more people to buy their consoles by putting Mario and Pokémon in side games on iOS/Android devices. Think how much more people would buy a PS4 if Sony gave PC, Switch and X1 a small God Of War game and said "you know, there's a way for you to play more of these games..."

I don't mind if Crash N Sane Trilogy goes to X Box. Let's face it, those poor guys need the games. Crash is now owned by Activision and his time as the official Playstation mascot ended almost two decades ago. The N Sane Trilogy is an amazing game(s) and the more people that play it the better. If it does go to X Box than I hope it also comes to the Nintendo Switch. Unfortunately, Activision's support of that system is abysmal so I won't hold my breath.

• Like 1