You need to buy the deluxe edition for platinum

Separate trophy lists? Ok. If not then yeah, fork you. 

This doesn't seem to fit Sonys trophy structure. How can they allow the sale of an incomplete game?  Or are they trying to see how much people will actually pay for a platinum. 

Edited by audiopile

I was already avoiding this as it's coming from a different dev and has a different voice cast, all screaming Square Enix trying to throw anything together to make more money on the success of the first. This just confirms it.

I'll wait to revisit this world when Dontnod's real followup releases. This is shameless in every respect.

Edited by Spelunkette
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nightstream88 said:

Wasn't interest in the game to begin with.
That I don't buy games for trophies but this was a scummy thing to do hopefully this trend doesn't catch on or Square Enix doesn't do it again with other games

if you have a twitter start bitching at square about this and include #fucksquare we need to shut this shit down before it spreads.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

If the deluxe costs the same as the base game + the dlc then I'm ok with it(assuming they sell it seperately later, which cmn, they want money, they will) because it's the same price. 

But if the deluxe edition costs more.... That's shameful. And a big middle finger to us. 

But lets wait and see, maybe the trophies will be a seperate list from the base game too. 

3 minutes ago, Bullstomp said:

This is the single biggest load of shit Trophy Hunter exploitation I have seen. Congratz on setting the bar high Square! Oh, and fuck you and your game. I will play it when the deluxe version comes to Plus

got a twitter? Let square know your feelings on this. let the #fucksquare commence.

2 minutes ago, Atlas said:

What is the Farewell? A new chapter not related with the story? If so, I could see a reason to buy the deluxe edition. Also, it comes with OST and other stuff. 

Farewell is the bonus episode, it's seperate to the main game however, there should be no reason why it couldn't of been included in the main game. 

I retract what i said about getting it on sale. I'm just gonna get it as a rental. 

Fuck you Square Enix.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Atlas said:

What is the Farewell? A new chapter not related with the story? If so, I could see a reason to buy the deluxe edition. Also, it comes with OST and other stuff. 

Fair, but then release the game with the base trophy set for the standard version, and add the bonus episode as a single DLC trophy.

I can't think of another game where DLC was required for the platinum.

Basically Square Enix are testing the waters for releasing a 'lite version' of the game, which allows access to some of the content and trophy list, but not the whole thing.

As it stands, the bonus ep is not available as a standalone purchase. So if you buy the standard version ($25 CDN), then realize you don't have access to the full game and, you would have to purchase the entire Deluxe Edition ($35 more) in order to get the bonus ep.

4 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Fair, but then release the game with the base trophy set for the standard version, and add the bonus episode as a single DLC trophy.

I can't think of another game where DLC was required for the platinum.

Basically Square Enix are testing the waters for releasing a 'lite version' of the game, which allows access to some of the content and trophy list, but not the whole thing.

As it stands, the bonus ep is not available as a standalone purchase. So if you buy the standard version ($25 CDN), then realize you don't have access to the full game and, you would have to purchase the entire Deluxe Edition ($35 more) in order to get the bonus ep.

Yeah, I agreed about it being as a separated list. 

As I see it only will be available for the Deluxe Edition, they're not going to release as a DLC. Hope I'm dead wrong.