Yakuza: Kiwami 2 announcement leaked for PS4.

Vergil

Yakuza Kiwami 2

The Taiwanese PlayStation Store has leaked the announcement of Yakuza: Kiwami 2 for PlayStation 4 ahead of Sega’s Yakuza Studio New Titles Presentation on August 26.

According to the listing, the game, which is a remake of Yakuza 2, is built in the latest iteration of the Dragon Engine, which is used in Yakuza 6: The Song of Life, and will launch in Taiwan on December 7.

Further details are expected to be announced on August 26.

The first Yakuza: Kiwami launched for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 in Japan on January 21, 2016, and will launch for PlayStation 4 in the Americas and Europe on August 29.

Read More

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2017/08/yakuza-kiwami-2-announcement-leaked-ps4#j7W0MJze9lUFGr5Z.99

Edited by DPatriot
  • Like 4

Interesting to see that they're using the dragon engine, hopefully they'll have expanded on Y6's combat for this.

The announcement of a new Ryu ga Gotoku only means one thing: It's time for another round of everybody's favorite game "when will they localize it".

Post your predictions for the western release and whoever gets the closest gets a Subway coupon. Bonus points if your guess is that they're never gonna localize it and it comes true.

My guess it a Dec 20th 2017 release in Japan and a April 14th 2019 release for the west.

Edited by Happy

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

More announcements coming tomorrow, per Yakuza creator Toshihiro Nagoshi.

Yakuza 7 as well, probably.

Translating the link here for anyone who is interested...

Key points include:

''At 19.00PM on 2017-08-26 I will cry as multiple new titles are announced''.

''There will be a live broadcast for the event and some of the titles are already known to us''. (hinting at remakes of Y3 and Y4?).

He concludes by saying ''That is not all, there will be surprises''.

JapanimeGamer

Edited by JapanimeGamer
  • Like 1

I was actually thinking of getting Yakuza 2 on PS2 a few months ago, but it's pretty pricey nowadays (in the UK at least), and I figured they would probably remake/re-release the second game on the PS4 eventually anyway, so I held off on it. Glad to see my prediction was correct, now to likely wait till late 2018/early 2019 for this to release in the west...

On ‎25‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, johntatsi said:

I'm super hyped for Kiwami on Tuesday so this is awesome. Yakuza Kiwami 2 is such a weird name though, Kiwami makes sense as a remake for the first but adding two to the end of the first remake's name seems weird to me...

Why?

Kiwami means extreme, so having Yakuza Extreme and Yakuza Extreme 2 does makes sense.