Knack 2 was free on New Zealand, Australia & Russia PSN stores.

Wavergray

2 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Good luck keeping it all current owners.

This is not the 1st time stuff like this happens, if I'm not wrong, it happened to the whoe Jak HD Collection (then got free to PS+, I think, I really never understood this one), Yakuza 5 (was add to PS+ one month or 2 later), Tekken Tag Tournament pre-order DLC, and I'm sure there have been more cases, in all those times Sony didn't remove the items from the owners, and I actually think that the laws of every country forbid Sony of doing so, because the owners of the items got them in a legal way at the price that the item was marked.. No one is exploiting anything, in any way, if anything Sony would need to find out what went wrong (Pre-orders aren't a new thing on PSN) and if there was a responsible for this "bug", then they are the ones needing to answer for it.

3 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Don't do it guys!!! This is like stealing....this is wrong we should be good and instead report this glitch to Sony immediately.

No, it's not, it's purchasing it at the current price tag, if the price happens to be wrong, it's not our fault (and in this case it's free, but if it was mistakenly put into a sale, it would be the same thing).

I do agree that this should be reported (and believe me, Sony already knows, and will be taken care off as soon as the people in charge go to work, specially since it's already been publicized in much more visualized forums then this one). And Sony does need to look into this, because as I said, it's not the 1st time that something like this happens.

9 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

You'll never know how many games i got for free in the past thanks to glitches (especially with post-IGC release cross-buy) lol...

I manger to get some games free thanks to Sony making theses kinds of mistakes but nothing like knack 2 though only some indi games (I posted about) and ratchet and clank games that's wasn't that a physical copy

8 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

This is not the 1st time stuff like this happens, if I'm not wrong, it happened to the whoe Jak HD Collection (then got free to PS+, I think, I really never understood this one), Yakuza 5 (was add to PS+ one month or 2 later), Tekken Tag Tournament pre-order DLC, and I'm sure there have been more cases, in all those times Sony didn't remove the items from the owners, and I actually think that the laws of every country forbid Sony of doing so, because the owners of the items got them in a legal way at the price that the item was marked.. No one is exploiting anything, in any way, if anything Sony would need to find out what went wrong (Pre-orders aren't a new thing on PSN) and if there was a responsible for this "bug", then they are the ones needing to answer for it.

No, it's not, it's purchasing it at the current price tag, if the price happens to be wrong, it's not our fault (and in this case it's free, but if it was mistakenly put into a sale, it would be the same thing).

I do agree that this should be reported (and believe me, Sony already knows, and will be taken care off as soon as the people in charge go to work, specially since it's already been publicized in much more visualized forums then this one). And Sony does need to look into this, because as I said, it's not the 1st time that something like this happens.

Well, I was not complaining, maybe I'm wrong but I think that Sony USA only has got wrong prices, hmm the only free game that I recall was Amplitude but it was fixed lightning fast.

I came on here just to make this post, but you beat me to it.

I was gonna swing into Eastland and pick up a copy on my way to TAFE in a couple hours but now am conflicted.

Certainly a glitch, almost certainly will be revoked, and yet, I have hope still.

Either way, I'll be pulling the plug on my internet when the 35gb download is done just in case.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

4 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

Well, I was not complaining, maybe I'm wrong but I think that Sony USA only has got wrong prices, hmm the only free game that I recall was Amplitude but it was fixed lightning fast.

Ok, and the time they take depends on if they are around or not (the stuff about Tekken Tag 2 was fixed in a couple of hours), same with Ridge Racer Driftopia (F2P was officially released with the paid content set to "free", was took hour in a few hours too), but if no one is around, then it takes longer  for them to fix.. Also, a lot of that stuff does happen in the PSN EU side, not in the US one.

Edit: Also, I just wanted to point out that in the past, they never removed the games from hour lists, just fixed the bug and either ignored it or made a deal with the publisher (I guess, by the looks of Jak and Yakuza). I didn't took is as if you where complaining..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

4 minutes ago, GoldenShaka said:

I think Fallout 4 went free accidentally once and was revoked. Dont quite me on it though. All i remember was it was a big title.