Knack 2 was free on New Zealand, Australia & Russia PSN stores.

Wavergray

In a german sale forum I read that someone got his GAME blocked. Nothing to the account for sure, but the "Lock" on the Logo like the one you get, when PS+ expires. I didn't connect to the PSN since the download was completed, so no clue if it's just him, if this occures to every German/EU/whatever account. I'm in chapter 7 and it's real fun. I guess I will get platinum until friday. Read about 15-20hours to plat it.

Edited by Silencer0004

I got it from the german store. This morning when the download was finished it had that lock but i press x on the game. The lock disappeared and the game started. I'm also playing it right now on that alt acount.

Edited by Facas

2 hours ago, Silencer0004 said:

In a german sale forum I read that someone got his GAME blocked. Nothing to the account for sure, but the "Lock" on the Logo like the one you get, when PS+ expires. I didn't connect to the PSN since the download was completed, so no clue if it's just him, if this occures to every German/EU/whatever account. I'm in chapter 7 and it's real fun. I guess I will get platinum until friday. Read about 15-20hours to plat it.

Just checked mine and there's no lock. That lock also happens if the account the game was bought under isn't set as the primary account or was recently set as the primary account (in which it disappears when you click on it), so it could just be an error like that.

• Like 1

On 06/09/2017 at 1:30 AM, Quink666 said:

Same happened with Fallout 4 on Xbox, the game was removed from all users who "bought" it just hours after they discovered that they fucked up. But everyone who got it for free and had it removed got a 10bucks discount code. Will be interesting to see how Sony handles this.Here a link to how MS handled the situation: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-was-accidentally-free-on-xbox-one-today-/1100-6440639/

You cant get banned for their mistakes. The worst they can do is to take it away and apologize that they fucked up.

I've heard of it happening before, at least on Xbox Live. Not sure how true those stories are, but they're enough to make me steer clear.

1 hour ago, PViddy said:

Apparently I've heard that Sony will be rescinding all peoples copies that were gotten for free... my advice is plat it while ya got it bc I don't know when Sony will be revoking the game.

Doesn't matter

You can still play if offline, if they revoke the license

I'm busy with some other games right now, so i'll play Knack 2 another time.

Edited by ExquisiteSteez

46 minutes ago, ExquisiteSteez said:

Doesn't matter

You can still play if offline, if they revoke the license

I'm busy with some other games right now, so i'll play Knack 2 another time.

No you can't - unless if you have downloaded the game and turned off your networking right now - soon as they push out the licence removal it will update on all copies with an end date of the time it gets pushed and all copies will stop working. Once it's done that , even if you go offline, it will remain locked as the game info will state it's expired - similar to PS+ games which auto come with an expiry of the end of your subscription.

they have already disabled the download so nobody can actually download it anymore (even if you 'bought' it for free) - so its clear the next step will be the push to revoke the licence. Most likely tomorrow or tuesday.

20 hours ago, NekoSama87 said:

Happened to Yakuza 5 too, anyone remembers? Sony f*cked up and ended gifting it to everyone a short after, since the damage was done anyway.

Little bit incorrect there - basically, they activated Yakuza 5 as a free download as part of PS Plus, but it wasn't meant to go live that month - it was the following months Free game. So some people got it, some didn't. then it went live for free the following month (when it should have) as part of Ps+

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turniplord said:

they have already disabled the download so nobody can actually download it anymore (even if you 'bought' it for free) - so its clear the next step will be the push to revoke the licence. Most likely tomorrow or tuesday.

Not true. I got it for free and only just started downloading it a few minutes ago. Working perfectly.

12 minutes ago, turniplord said:

No you can't - unless if you have downloaded the game and turned off your networking right now - soon as they push out the licence removal it will update on all copies with an end date of the time it gets pushed and all copies will stop working. Once it's done that , even if you go offline, it will remain locked as the game info will state it's expired - similar to PS+ games which auto come with an expiry of the end of your subscription.

Little bit incorrect there - basically, they activated Yakuza 5 as a free download as part of PS Plus, but it wasn't meant to go live that month - it was the following months Free game. So some people got it, some didn't. then it went live for free the following month (when it should have) as part of Ps+

So if you are offline and stay offline before they revoke it, you'll be fine ?

I read different things everywhere

Mine is still working fine.

I've got my preordered disc copy sitting there unwrapped though. If they wanna pull it, I open and play my real copy. If it's still working in like a week and a half, I return it to EB as per their two week return policy.

You'd think they'd have this sorted by then, if they were intending to revoke the licenses.

21 hours ago, ExquisiteSteez said:

So if you are offline and stay offline before they revoke it, you'll be fine ?

I read different things everywhere

Kind of - if you stay offline forever then sure, you have the game. If they revoke the licence then the next time you go online it will update itself and lock the game out from you. 

21 hours ago, Mystvayne said:

Not true. I got it for free and only just started downloading it a few minutes ago. Working perfectly.

Not quite sure then as quite a few people on Twitter and reddit were saying that when they go to download it, it is saying the content can't be found - so the download wont start (like what happens with PT). I even tried to download it on my old PS4 at my parents house and I got the same message - maybe it depends on which store you grabbed it off when it appeared?