How much do you care about completion?

ayse_99

How much do you care about completion?  

433 members have voted

1. 1. What is a "good" completion rate in your opinion?

• 0%-20%
    • 20%-40%
    • %40-%60
    • %60-%80
    • %80-%100
    • I don't care at all about my completion.

I have mixed feelings about completion rate. Sometimes I think I should raise it to 50% at least and complete all of my games, and sometimes I think I shouldn't worry about it, or else I couldn't try all of the games I haven't touched yet, as they will inevitably lower the completion rate...

So yeah, I don't know, it depends on my current mood.

Tough but I'm comfortable hovering around the 70-80% range. I really don't have the time to get a 90-100% range and I don't want to worry about playing games with ultra rare or unobtainable trophies that would hurt my completion rate. 

4 hours ago, AydenBonnette said:

What's your Avatar from? It looks fucking awesome

The forum avatar or the PSN one?  The forum avatar is just someone's drawing from like ten years or so ago that I found when I needed my first avatar.  The PSN one is Cayde from Destiny 2.

31 minutes ago, Jounochi said:

The forum avatar or the PSN one?  The forum avatar is just someone's drawing from like ten years or so ago that I found when I needed my first avatar.  The PSN one is Cayde from Destiny 2.

I only saw the forum avatar and it looks so badass. I'll be respectable and not use it as my forum profile pic, but I'm definitely saving the picture to put up on my wall.

I do care about it in as much as I don't like playing games and dropping them without seeing most of the game. Completion is an indication of how much of your library you have really fully explored. However I will never aim for 100% because I don't want to buy DLC for games I am finished with. Often getting the Platinum is enough and I don't always feel like going back for more ... Also if I really am not enjoying a game I will drop it

I'm on 83.78% at the moment but I would like to reach 90% and keep it there. Perfect example is how completion can make me go back to games I played years ago and never finished. I had 12% on Soul Sacrafice from 3 years ago and started playing it again yesterday since my Vita Backlog is almost cleared and was really getting into it, no idea why I dropped that game it's actually pretty good. Will do the same for Dragon's Crown when I am done with it ... So these games get a second shot and my completion will go up too, win win!

As long as I'm above 90% I'm ok, I was around 80% before I found this site but then I decided to increase it. Now I'm just scraping 94%

I just hate games that require you do keep buying DLC after you've already got 100%

Especially when the DLC is something crappy like Ultra Hard mode. I hate that feeling of being at ransom to go back to playing a game that I might be done with, or have sold it already.

• Like 1

Just now, enaysoft said:

As long as I'm above 90% I'm ok, I was around 80% before I found this site but then I decided to increase it. Now I'm just scraping 94%

I just hate games that require you do keep buying DLC after you've already got 100%

Especially when the DLC is something crappy like Ultra Hard mode. I hate that feeling of being at ransom to go back to playing a game that I might be done with, or have sold it already.

You see that's why it's impossible to keep a high completion rate unless you're crazy enough to buy DLC that YOU DO NOT WANT all in the sake of a percentage. As long as I've got Platinum I'm happy and the 100% can bugger off.

I used to not worry too much about my completion percentage and was near 80% for probably around 3 years. The main reason for this is I did not believe I could finish games like Gran Turismo 5 or Max Payne 3 anyway. Then I started seeing sales on DLC's for games I had played years ago thought it would be cool to go back and finish that game. The trend continued and slowly but surely I made progress, even completing games I never thought possible like Trials Fusion. I am nearly all caught up now but I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. I would love to get 100% completion but since I made some bad decisions (UFC 3 and NBA 2k15) that is now impossible. I would be content with about 99.5% though. 

6 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

No it is great don't listen to him. Only maniacs manage anything higher than that really.

"Maniac"

a person exhibiting extremely wild or violent behaviour.
"when he sits in front of a PlayStation he transforms into a karate-choppin' maniac"

Thats a fine compliment

I like how googles example is in reference to playing playstation lol
Edited by Demon--Prototype
  • Like 1

Hahaha  I guess I'm a maniac too because I started this account to have a 100% completion rating. My older account was 77% and I was unhappy with that, especially when I realized there was some unobtanable trophies. I dont care for number of platinums or level, I just want to play the games I enjoy and have 100% on everything.

• Like 1

I've come several times to the point i ask myself, do i really need all the trophies in this game.

That i think maybe i can take the time i put in a game to 100% in something else, do some work in the house, take my motorcycle for a ride, go running or something like that, and just play the game like in the old days.

But ALWAYS i got to my old habits and i'm not satisfied when i don't achieve 100% xD

On 9/12/2017 at 4:21 AM, PSXtreme_ said:

Completion %???? LMAO! I'm here for the gaming...PERIOD!!!

I'm curious, what's not gaming about going for completion? 

On topic, I like to fully complete my games. Yes some can be a pain in the ass, but I enjoy it and getting my game to 100%. 

In the case of DLC; all the games I play, are games I like or wanted to plat. So I dont mind paying for them. Sometimes day 1 sometimes when it's on sale. I do avoid glitched games or closed server titles. 

Im not the type to just play easy games because ratings, but I'm also not gonna avoid an Ultra rare. If I like it I play it. I have super easy games (telltale) but I also have ultra rare games (injustice/smite/furi)

Just don't understand the closed mentality of "completionists don't have fun they just force themselves etc etc". 

On 9/12/2017 at 6:13 AM, Demon--Prototype said:

Completion is everything for me and here's why:

1. OCD lol 

2. I get the most out of each game.

3. I have many memories of great journeys due to completing games.

4. It has significantly improved my skill in gaming as i refuse to give up on a trophy.

4. I enjoy coming back to games when DLC is released (With the exception of Goat Simulator ?)

5. Its a damn good feeling scrolling through trophies and seeing 100% everywhere lol

These reasons explain it perfectly 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Kazeh54 said:

I'm curious, what's not gaming about going for completion? 

I play until I'm bored or stuck and then move on. I game for fun and relaxation. Period. I'm not chasing Plats, trophies, or completion percentages. Sure, they are nice cookies to have, but they aren't the main reason why spend my time in a digital world. I was gaming well before any of this Johnny-Come-Lately BS was invented and don't need a measuring stick to let everyone know how big my epeen is. While everyone is free to do as they desire, and everyone does different things for different reasons, it's just not my way. IMO, life is just too short to waste it doing something in your limited free time that is stress creating. I wasn't brought up during the "Everybody gets a participation trophy" era so maybe my thought process is different from the younger generations, but getting virtual awards doesn't mean much once you step away from the computer/tv screen. For 99.999% of the population, they don't put a roof over your head, food on your table nor take care of your family. I try to concentrate my serious efforts on those matters and let the fun stuff remain fun.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, PSXtreme_ said:

I play until I'm bored or stuck and then move on. I game for fun and relaxation. Period. I'm not chasing Plats, trophies, or completion percentages. Sure, they are nice cookies to have, but they aren't the main reason why spend my time in a digital world. I was gaming well before any of this Johnny-Come-Lately BS was invented and don't need a measuring stick to let everyone know how big my epeen is. While everyone is free to do as they desire, and everyone does different things for different reasons, it's just not my way. IMO, life is just too short to waste it doing something in your limited free time that is stress creating. I wasn't brought up during the "Everybody gets a participation trophy" era so maybe my thought process is different from the younger generations, but getting virtual awards doesn't mean much once you step away from the computer/tv screen. For 99.999% of the population, they don't put a roof over your head, food on your table nor take care of your family. I try to concentrate my serious efforts on those matters and let the fun stuff remain fun.

I see. Thanks for that.

Well, fun is subjective I suppose. What tickles my balls may not tickle yours. It doesn't mean trophy hunting is not gaming or not in the fun category though.

I mean let's not forget what this site is.....a trophy hunting website. PERIOD 

• Like 2