What was the first horror game you ever played?

MHD_es3af

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

...was because of my dad. He is 62 years old now ... I have to thank my dad for showing me a lot of those old Windows/DOS games. Without him, I would of never had a chance to play the old computer games.

That was nice from you to appreciate what your old dad did in the past... you make me like your dad too, even though i don't know him, lol

so you are from that era (MS DOS games) one of my best games ever was "prince of persia 1 & 2".

it was nice meeting a guy like you 

1 hour ago, MHD_es3af said:

That was nice from you to appreciate what your old dad did in the past... you make me like your dad too, even though i don't know him, lol

so you are from that era (MS DOS games) one of my best games ever was "prince of persia 1 & 2".

it was nice meeting a guy like you 

He played computer games back in the late 1980s, on one of those old green monitor computers.

He used to have a few 3 1/2 inch floppy disks with games, and before that 5 1/2 inch floppy disks. Extremely fragile and were easily prone to breaking.

But he's out of it now. Doesn't understand the games now, and I don't blame him as they have gotten a lot more complex and complicated. He doesn't have the timing nor the reflexes to do anything regarding speed. He always enjoyed turn based and real time strategy games. Never liked RPGs, platformers or adventure games.

Edited by Spaz

Resident Evil 2 

Nintendo 64

I think I may have been around 13 or 14

My cousin brought it over and played it and was pretty good at it. I thought it was awesome however I tried to play it and sucked at it pretty bad. I liked how it looked at the time but hated the controls.

later my cousin was visiting again and we rented Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube which he played and was okay at it then I played and destroyed it. For some reason I was pretty good at it and completed it after another rental after he left. Then I bought it on PS2 and completed it, bought it on PS3 and completed it, bought it on Wii (my personal favorite version of RE 4) and completed it, and bought it on PS4 and completed it.

I love RE 4.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/30/2017 at 7:45 PM, Juzota said:

I guess Resident Evil was the first horror game I ever played. I was 8 when it was released and it scared the shit out of me.

Me too, my first experience was in 1996 on playstation one! I was so enchanted that the following year I bought for segasaturn :P 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nimera said:

Me too, my first experience was in 1996 on playstation one! I was so enchanted that the following year I bought for segasaturn :P 

Oh no, Sega Saturn... I got one for my birthday at -97 or -98, but the problem was that I wanted PlayStation because my friend got one too (that's where I played the Resident Evil for first time). Finally got the PlayStation at christmas -98 with Tekken 3. Those were the times. ?

• Like 1

If anybody remembers these two games I will be ecstatic. There were two point and click flash games from back in the day that I remember scaring a young mattveego half to death. 

Monster Basement which is kind of like a goofy haunted house series of scary adventures into a basement.

Image result for monster basement

The one that really freaked me out though was a series called Exmortis. After doing some research, the series is a trilogy now, but I played the first two when I was younger. I think it was the second one where you visited a home and you could read the journals of all the family members, revealing this horrifying story of the apocalypse. Definitely was not sleeping that night.

Image result for exmortis 2

Flash games were simpler times indeed.