Will Cuphead be released on PS4?

Kaiten_the_Hero

1 hour ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

No clickbait in the slightest, I was asking a question. Yeah I probably could have double checked myself but alas, I didn't. No need to salt the Topic.

maybe not exactly  clickbait but i sure as hell thought the game is now confirmed to be coming out on ps4 because of the title. Gives false hopes to some people lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Well I learned to never buy an Xbox ever again from that experience. With Switch, Vita, and PS4 there's really no reason to have a One as well. Cuphead and Scalebound were the only interesting exclusives on the Xbox. And it's not worth having a console just for a single game.

Yeah I get what you mean, I've only owned the 360 and that was only for Halo 4 at the time. There's just nothing interesting on the system now (besides Cuphead ha)

2 minutes ago, Kyl542 said:

maybe not exactly  clickbait but i sure as hell thought the game is now confirmed to be coming out on ps4 because of the title. Gives false hopes to some people lol

Yeah that's a good point, genuinely no attempt though, I'm not one of those jackasses.

Sorry to put your hopes up >.<

13 minutes ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

Yeah I get what you mean, I've only owned the 360 and that was only for Halo 4 at the time. There's just nothing interesting on the system now (besides Cuphead ha)

I grew up on the 360. I spent about 5 years playing Xbox 360. Along with Wii and WiiU, and earlier I was on GameCube and 64. I never played on PlayStation until about 4-5 years ago when I bought a Vita and I immediately fell in love with the console (bought it for persona and soul Sacrifice) and proceeded to buy a PS3 and Kingdom Hearts, then I got a PS4 when Destiny came out. I was missing out on so much.

Edited by aZombieDictator

7 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I grew up on the 360. I spent about 5 years playing Xbox 360. Along with Wii and WiiU, and earlier I was on GameCube and 64. I never played on PlayStation until about 4-5 years ago when I bought a Vita and I immediately fell in love with the console (bought it for persona and soul Sacrifice) and proceeded to buy a PS3 and Kingdom Hearts, then I got a PS4 when Destiny came out. I was missing out on so much.

Wow, yeah you were missing out on some fantastic games. 
Glad you've found happiness with Playstation though! :D
I've been a Sony lad through and through, although I did sell my Vita about 2 Months after it came out, since there weren't a lot of games - what an IDIOT I was xD
Will get one again one day, but for now I'm content with the Ps4. 

32 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

Well I learned to never buy an Xbox ever again from that experience. With Switch, Vita, and PS4 there's really no reason to have a One as well. Cuphead and Scalebound were the only interesting exclusives on the Xbox. And it's not worth having a console just for a single game.

Don't look at me, buying the Xbox One only for Sunset Overdrive! :P

I liked the look of Cuphead since I first heard about it, what seems like a year ago. I still have my Bone so I'll get it there. Microsoft really needs to improve their game lineup though, right now there aren't tons of exclusives on it. 

11 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I played Sunset, got it free but a only played an hour or so... It was around the time I was playing Infamous so I was bored with games like that at the time. Hell I hardly even played the new Halo, Dead Rising, and Gears and I grew up on those games. The PlayStation exclusives are just was better than any of those Xbox Ones now.

Edited by aZombieDictator

8 minutes ago, aZombieDictator said:

I played Sunset, got it free but a only played an hour or so... It was around the time I was playing Infamous so I was bored with games like that at the time. Hell I hardly even played Halo, Dead Rising, and Gears and I grew up on those games. The PlayStation exclusives are just was better than any of those Xbox ones now.

Sunset is a very good game and I still think it's X1's best exclusive (and it's one of the few that is a true exclusive, since it has not been ported to PC). I like almost everything Insomniac Games makes, so I knew I had to get Sunset Overdrive and it did not disappoint. That said, I can understand being burned out playing Infamous Second Son at the same time (which is also an excellent game). It's worth checking out again if you get the opportunity. 

But you are correct, PS4 has far more and overall better exclusives now. At launch it was a tossup but then Microsoft slowed down their output of exclusive games. Between Switch and PS4 gamers should get a good selection of exclusives for the near future. It's just a shame that Microsoft isn't trying to compete in that space. 

Edited by MosesRockefeller

18 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

Cuphead is the only game from Xbox that I actually would love to play. Let's hope the game may find its way on PS4 next year or someday. 

That's basically the same boat I'm sitting in ha
Fingers crossed, you never know! Maybe the Devs will realise they'd get more money through Sony.

9 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I liked the look of Cuphead since I first heard about it, what seems like a year ago. I still have my Bone so I'll get it there. Microsoft really needs to improve their game lineup though, right now there aren't tons of exclusives on it. 

Its a shame with their Exclusive Lineup really, don't know what's happened to them. Its like since the era of Gears of War/Halo (well, I know they're still around, but you get my thought?) they've not been able to produce anything of impact. If there were more than a couple of games, I'd definitely get an Xbox One, especially since my Partner was more of an Xbox Gamer beforehand. But then again, all Xbox Games are on PC now, so they really are screwing themselves. Just an opinion though obviously.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

Fingers crossed, you never know! Maybe the Devs will realise they'd get more money through Sony.

Its a shame with their Exclusive Lineup really, don't know what's happened to them. Its like since the era of Gears of War/Halo (well, I know they're still around, but you get my thought?) they've not been able to produce anything of impact. If there were more than a couple of games, I'd definitely get an Xbox One, especially since my Partner was more of an Xbox Gamer beforehand. But then again, all Xbox Games are on PC now, so they really are screwing themselves. Just an opinion though obviously.

Yeah the Xbox games being on PC really kills the whole point of the console in my opinion. Like the point of exclusives is to sell the consoles and when you can just get them on PC there's not much reason to get a One.

• Like 1

I know too much about clever PR wording to believe this is as clear cut as others are saying. "This Cuphead game" gives them the ability to just add one thing, call it Cuphead: PR Bullshittery Edition and port it elsewhere. Since it's a "different game" suddenly. Level-5 did that with Little Battlers. "We won't release a *whatever* edition on 3DS later, promise!" Then they did just that, but they called it something else. So they didn't lie.

It happens all the time. Am I saying it'll definitely happen at some point? Nope.

1 hour ago, PreLoki said:

Just get it on Steam guys, it runs fine on my ̶p̶̶o̶̶t̶̶a̶̶t̶̶o̶̶ ̶̶m̶̶a̶̶c̶̶h̶̶i̶̶n̶̶e̶ Macbook Pro late 2011 with integrated Intel Graphics (HD 3000) ?.

Steam also supports Dualshock 4 controllers.

Nice. I have an old mac like that but not the pro. Wonder if it'll work on mine? I probably boot up my laptop twice a year though just to do tax shit and whatnot. 

5 hours ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

Glad to know that, most of the xbox exclusives are fps or shooters In general, which are among the least favorite genres of mine.  Apart from the rare catalog that i would love to play on ps4 and won't ever happen, cuphead was the only one that made me ah I really wanted that xD

So let's hope,  it may happen

Cuphead looks so fun and amazing, too bad it's not on PlayStation. From what I have heard, it will never be either. Unrelated to topic, but another Xbox exclusive I really wanted to play was Quantum Break. It's a shame that never got a PS4 edition either.

8 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Glad to know that, most of the xbox exclusives are fps or shooters In general, which are among the least favorite genres of mine.  Apart from the rare catalog that i would love to play on ps4 and won't ever happen, cuphead was the only one that made me ah I really wanted that xD

So let's hope,  it may happen

- Yeah that's the general feel with Xbox Exclusives, pretty much the same type of games just re-skinned etc. There was that Recore that looked interesting, but from what I remember it didn't fair too well. 
We can always dream!!

7 hours ago, Dangisuckatgamin said:

I'd have bought this, maybe not at full price, but i would have eventually grabbed this. Kind of sad it's an exclusive.

- Real shame :(
I was kind of hoping it would be like Rise of the Tomb Raider, timed exclusive and then put on Ps4 etc. But that doesn't seem to be the case which sucks.

5 hours ago, AlexJones_Bankai said:

Xbox Exclusives

This term means nothing at this point, it's almost a tautology. As you mentioned earlier the "play anywhere" initiative means that every game they release for Xbox gets a parallel release on the PC, and there's nothing exclusive about that. Have to admit Cuphead does look pretty great though.

On 9/29/2017 at 11:06 AM, hugglebunn-e said:

He is really bad. This incident started a discussion that lasted half a moment, on whether Game Journos should actually be able to play video games.

On 9/29/2017 at 11:07 AM, TooruPT said:

That's the Gamescom demo being played by VentureBeat's Dean Takahashi, a video game journalist with twenty-something years of experience. It sparked a big debate about the skill level of games journalists and whether or not people like Takahashi are qualified to write about and review games when they're not only bad at games, but even fail to understand basic gaming concepts like he did in that demo. I mean, there's not being very skilled at games and there's taking two minutes to figure out how to clean an obstacle in a 2D platformer with clear instructions onscreen.

That whole episode gave Cuphead a lot more visibility though. In the end everyone won. Well except maybe Takahashi.

Thanks for the answers, guys. I thought maybe there was some joke there. I mean, I think my 4-year-old would be more competent.

On 9/29/2017 at 11:06 AM, AlexJones_Bankai said:

Yeah fingers crossed it comes over at some point but judging by the response I'm losing hope ha

Don't give up yet. It would be a while, no doubt, but this sort of "lifetime exclusive" contract is just made to be broken. I mean, what is XBox's reason for holding onto a lifetime exclusive of a single game, years after anyone cares about it? If the game is a smash, it would make perfect sense for both parties to have an opt out clause. MS can get a future payment (to buy out of the contract), and the developer can re-release a game to PS4 with little additional capital expenditure.

Now, if this is a franchise, that might be different (e.g. like Halo). But I don't see it for this title.

• Like 1

Hmm, what is the problem if some of our community members have NEVER heard of it?

You always look very surprised. Are you actually promoting the game in a hiding way?

I just heard about the game a few weeks ago due a youtuber guy that DETEST play station stuff, so he always talk about Nintendo, and Microsoft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldenShaka said:

Hmm, what is the problem if some of our community members have NEVER heard of it?

You always look very surprised. Are you actually promoting the game in a hiding way?

I just heard about the game a few weeks ago due a youtuber guy that DETEST play station stuff, so he always talk about Nintendo, and Microsoft.

There isn't a problem... never was one... Genuinely surprised me is all.
I was literally just questioning whether or not this game would be available on Ps4 at some point (something that, granted, a Google Search would have sufficed but I was intrigued to see if anybody on here knew more). 

2 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

From the developers website.

What platforms will Cuphead be available on?
Cuphead will be available on Xbox One (console exclusive) and on PC at launch (Windows 10 and Steam).

At launch?

- Oooh... hope? xD

I believe someone did already asked the devs behind Cuphead if we ever going to see Cuphead on PS4 one day and the reply to that is something like " No! but probably upcoming title will " Cuphead is a console exclusive to XBONE and it's also for PC, and the upcoming platforms will going to be the Steam and Mac.

Cuphead did not get published by Microsoft nor did they pay a single dime on it's development, it's such a waste to not let the ps4 and the Switch users to enjoy this game as well, especially the ps4 since it have a super huge install base, much bigger than the XBONE's install base that's for sure.

I know it's an exclusive for a lifetime, but hope something might happen and it will find it's way to the ps4 one day.... remember when we got used to hear that mass effect 1 will not going to see the light of day on ps3 back then?

Edited by yellowwindow7
  • Like 1

On 29/09/2017 at 7:34 PM, aZombieDictator said:

Basically why I don't have an X1 yet, all I would do with it would be playing Conker and Jet Force Gemini on Rare Replay because my N64 died. And now I would play Cuphead too. If there's ever an Alan Wake sequel, I'm in trouble.

Edited by BillyHorrible
Site messes up and double posts