PlayStation Store [NA] on the web undergoing upgrades in November 2017

DaisyVilla102

Problems with the web store recently have been driving me crazy, and finally I found some info when I dug a bit on the support page.

The first link reads, "PlayStation Store on the Web - Update Notice | The PlayStation Store, accessible via a web browser, starting in November 2017, is upgrading to pr...", which links to a longer article:

"PlayStation Store on the Web - Update Notice"
"The PlayStation Store, accessible via a web browser, is currently upgrading to provide you a better overall store experience. The updates will start in November. Unfortunately, that means a couple of key functionality will be impacted during the upgrade.
What’s the Impact?
 -  The Movies area and TV Shows areas will be inaccessible.
 -  You will not be able to redeem discount codes on the PlayStation
 Store via the website. 
 -  Your Friend's Wishlist will not be available. 
During the update, we encourage you to purchase and watch movies and TV shows via your PS4
 or PS3. To learn how to redeem discount codes via the PlayStation Store on a PS4 or PS3, read this article How to redeem codes from vouchers and PlayStation Network Cards ."

I think they seriously underestimated what the impact was actually going to be. :facepalm: 

Edited by DaisyVilla102
Deleting those crazy-giant trademark TMs.
  • Like 2

I, too, have issues with the web store. Many of my purchased games don't appear as purchased, so I'm unable to download them directly to my systems. If I were to try purchasing any of them, it would simply tell me I'm not eligible to purchase that content. I'm hoping that gets fixed, as it's obviously not convenient.

• Like 3

PS store is garbage!  Half the time it doesn't even load for me.  I can go days without being able to connect.  Pages don't load, etc etc etc. I only have my vita, and the store is inconceivably worse on it.  Sony can be so utterly incompetent

Sometimes I wonder how they can stay in business with their incompetence

I must be one of the lucky ones because the website works completely fine for me whenever I check in to get the PS+ games or redeeming codes for avatars and the such. Never really encountered any problems with the site, nevertheless, still excited to see the new rework and improvements they'll make :) 

41 minutes ago, Crazy said:

I must be one of the lucky ones because the website works completely fine for me whenever I check in to get the PS+ games or redeeming codes for avatars and the such. Never really encountered any problems with the site, nevertheless, still excited to see the new rework and improvements they'll make :) 

Naw, you like the majority of the population have the website working. The one's having the issues are the minority group. Problem is we always hear complaints more than praises because man never are satisfied. We love to complain about everything.

I honestly have no issues with their web store. There is an occasional hiccup like games bought showing up as unbought, but nothing like clearing the cache don't fix.

Edited by Fing3rButt3r3
  • Like 2

I noticed the subtle new site animations. It looks cleaner overall.

Although my wish list has been fucked for the last few weeks. It only just started showing my full wish list (96 games...) a day ago.

Try going to payment management. Instead of opening up a new page, it loads it up on the right side of the screen. That's the kind of nice things that I'm talking about. Sony's finally stepping up their programming game.

1 hour ago, dmsleight said:

PS store is garbage!  Half the time it doesn't even load for me.  I can go days without being able to connect.  Pages don't load, etc etc etc. I only have my vita, and the store is inconceivably worse on it.  Sony can be so utterly incompetent

Sometimes I wonder how they can stay in business with their incompetence

Maybe your internet is the problem, because I've never suffered from such instances.

How indeed could they stay in business if every single person was suffering from the same experiences as you. Why, every single journalist out there would be creating hit pieces, laughing at Sony's programming incompetence...

Oh wait, you're in the 0.02%.

Edit: I just took a look at your PSNP page for shits in giggles, and I see the problem. You are a PS3/Vita user. Of course the store is absolutely trash on those archaic and borderline legacy platforms...

Buy a PS4, check out the store, or try out the webstore, and come back with the same insults. I dare you.

Edited by Valyrious

51 minutes ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

Naw, you like the majority of the population have the website working. The one's having the issues are the minority group. Problem is we always hear complaints more than praises because man never are satisfied. We love to complain about everything.

I honestly have no issues with their web store. There is an occasional hiccup like games bought showing up as unbought, but nothing like clearing the cache don't fix.

There's no point in saying things are fine. That is  why there's just complaints. Personaly, I just have problems to login.Other than that I have nothing to say against the PlayStation Store.

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

I noticed the subtle new site animations. It looks cleaner overall.

Although my wish list has been fucked for the last few weeks. It only just started showing my full wish list (96 games...) a day ago.

Try going to payment management. Instead of opening up a new page, it loads it up on the right side of the screen. That's the kind of nice things that I'm talking about. Sony's finally stepping up their programming game.

Maybe your internet is the problem, because I've never suffered from such instances.

How indeed could they stay in business if every single person was suffering from the same experiences as you. Why, every single journalist out there would be creating hit pieces, laughing at Sony's programming incompetence...

Edit: I just took a look at your PSNP page for shits in giggles, and I see the problem. You are a PS3/Vita user. Of course the store is absolutely trash on those archaic and borderline legacy platforms...

Buy a PS4, check out the store, or try out the webstore, and come back with the same insults. I dare you.

Comprehension issues?  This thread is about the webstore not ps3 or vita.  Sorry I hurt your Sony feelings, sony drone.

5 hours ago, Valyrious said:

LOL. I hope Sony pays you for this crap.

And, as someone who owns all three of the systems mentioned here, the store is pretty bad on all of them, and really bad on the web. Good on Sony to do some work on it (finally).

Edited by starcrunch061

Meh. If it fixes things I'm fine with it. Ishouldn't have to clear cookies just to get the thing to load properly (and if you get that error the more info link doesnt' even redirect properly; it just shoves the url of that link onto the end of the current error url, which isn't an actual page obviously). Usually the site not working properly is prefaced by search not even working at all and clicking on anything leads to blank pages.

Considering the undertaking, I don't think the impact is that bad at all. I mean, it doesn't even affect our download list which is the most important thing or purchasing games. I've already noticed it working better.

I have more issues with the POS PS4 store. Really any PS Store on an actual system. Vita, PS3 especially and PS4 all  function like hot garbage. The webstore was the best out of them, but gave me the above issues for no reason. When I buy things from PS4 and download immediately after I have to restore licenses, my library on PS4 will not actually show things purchased, the PS Store when I buy something will get an error message instead of take me to the download/confirm page [its' always successful -- iirc Vita is similar to this]. And ffs it haaaaaannnnnnnngs for days doing anything. Want to toss a free avatar into your cart? Have fun waiting almost a full minute for the stupid thing to let you do anything else. That all started with the shitty beta store on PS3.

I miss adding free things to cart on PS3. The old store wasn't great there but at least it was snappier.

5 hours ago, Fing3rButt3r3 said:

You mean people complain when they have something to complain about?

25 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

LOL. I hope Sony pays you for this crap.

And, as someone who owns all three of the systems mentioned here, the store is pretty bad on all of them, and really bad on the web. Good on Sony to do some work on it (finally).

I thought it's most reliable on webstore. Web > PS4 > Vita >>>>>>>>> PS3 (constant crashing ftw)

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I thought it's most reliable on webstore. Web > PS4 > Vita >>>>>>>>> PS3 (constant crashing ftw)

I have all kinds of issues on the webstore, but it might be that I don't clear my cache or whatever. 

PS4 annoys me because at times, it just stops and loads, for some reason. Further, if I have filters set, it resets all of those. This is particularly annoying when I'm filtering games by price. 

The PS3 store has been bad from day one, and is clearly the worst. The Vita store annoys me because I can't ever tell if something's on sale or not.

11 hours ago, GameOverComesAll said:

I, too, have issues with the web store. Many of my purchased games don't appear as purchased, so I'm unable to download them directly to my systems. If I were to try purchasing any of them, it would simply tell me I'm not eligible to purchase that content. I'm hoping that gets fixed, as it's obviously not convenient.

Same here! I bought a few games and DLC that's not showing up whenever I go to the PSN store on my system and on my laptop. In order for me to see the thing I recently bought, I have to sign out and sign again and again. Glad they're fixing this issue. 

7 hours ago, Valyrious said:

It used to work fine for me, at one point. But nowadays, I'm always getting "Unable to find the page" messages with Chrome. I have to switch to Internet Explorer just to get it to run right. My transaction history disappearing is a whole 'nother story.. 

I don't know I only ever use the "web" store on PC, and everything always seem to run fine. Only issues I ever had was games I had bought on a previous sale says I haven't purchased yet which is a little annoying. I tried clearing browsing data but the issue comes back. I do like how they brought back showing you how much funds you have in your wallet as they remove that for a bit. Not sure what they did but the layout seems cleaner which is nice. 

16 hours ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I don't know I only ever use the "web" store on PC, and everything always seem to run fine. Only issues I ever had was games I had bought on a previous sale says I haven't purchased yet which is a little annoying. I tried clearing browsing data but the issue comes back. I do like how they brought back showing you how much funds you have in your wallet as they remove that for a bit. Not sure what they did but the layout seems cleaner which is nice. 

The only tactical error that I come across is when you purchase a trial, sometimes that will completely fuck up your ability to play the full version of the same game after purchasing it. Rayman Origins on PS3 went fubar on me because I didn't play the trial, then bought the game, and it gave me error messages saying I had to buy the full game. Of course it's a quick call to Sony to get it sorted, but still worth noting.

There's definitely some glitches that occur, but the PS4 and webstore are largely well made and maybe I do get triggered listening to people bitch when they have no understanding of programming. It's typical though, those that don't know how to do something are the ones that bitch and act like they know what they're talking about.

It's like someone with a phone from 2010 bitching about not getting supported any further for future updates. Of course those phone manufacturers don't care about that dinosaur phone. Likewise with Sony and their support for the Vita.

The EU web store recently got this upgrade. It looks better and runs a bit faster now. The one thing I don't like is that you can't sort the games in your wishlist by price/date added/etc. anymore. They only show up in alphabetical order now. Hopefully this gets fixed.

Edited by Charizard
  • Like 1