Marvel Heroes to close Friday 24th Nov

TheLiamK

1 hour ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Luckily for me I finished it in time. I feel sorry for everybody else who missed out. I think it's so wrong that these developers released a game on consoles for 7 months, pocketed the money and then took off. They released it on consoles knowing damn well their license expired on PC.

What is really wrong is that they did not respect the closing date. :/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Luckily for me I finished it in time. I feel sorry for everybody else who missed out. I think it's so wrong that these developers released a game on consoles for 7 months, pocketed the money and then took off. They released it on consoles knowing damn well their license expired on PC.

22 minutes ago, JorgeSleep said:

What is really wrong is that they did not respect the closing date. :/

If the license really was the problem then I won't see any case why they shut the server down so early. there company was shut down with everything (servers too).

Other then that I have to say that they did a bad job of telling the players whats up or/and whats going to happen. Everything were rumors or unofficial statements and there were no official statements other then the shut down date of 31 dec.

• Like 2

Congrats to everyone who grabbed the plat and my condolences to those who didn't. That's life gamin' on the edge, you play with fire and you might get burnt. It was real crummy to get an unannounced, premature shutdown. I guess they had to offset the awesomeness of making almost everything free. Here's a fun little postmortem tidbit; of the 685 psnp users who got 100% completion on this game, 277 of those did it after the first thread reporting a possible shutdown was posted (Nov 15th). That's 40%!

• Like 4

Seems like most of those people took the opportunity to finish it after they'd already started it months ago. Making everything free was probably a blessing to them and I can't imagine how long it would have taken me to do it without that. I'd probably have invested real money in the game if everything wasn't 1 Eternity Splinter. The outcome would have been a lot different if they kept everything at the original price but actually removed microtransactions, it was very kind of them to make everything into a joke for those last 12 days. 36 people beat the previous fastest time and if it lasted longer, the previous fastest time would have been annihilated further. A weekend after the November 24th announcement date would be enough time to grind the game, but when it didn't close on Friday I can see why people might have slowed down a bit. Normally when a game is announced to close on a Saturday or Sunday, it lasts until the Monday and now you can assume if it doesn't close on the Friday, it'll close on the Monday. I believe this game is the shortest lasting game server for a game that has a platinum on PSN. But Pirates: Treasure Hunters only lasted less than 2 months for a 100% game. I'm very glad I wasn't busy during the period that I was working on the platinum, because normally I get called up and have to go out at random times, I also had good friends to do it with me and keep me occupied. I must say it was great that getting Omega Prestige with some characters also allowed you to skip an entire level 60 grind. Unfortunately I won't be seeing Dr. Octopus' creepy face on my screen ever again :(

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mking_63 said:

Congrats to everyone who grabbed the plat and my condolences to those who didn't. That's life gamin' on the edge, you play with fire and you might get burnt. It was real crummy to get an unannounced, premature shutdown. I guess they had to offset the awesomeness of making almost everything free. Here's a fun little postmortem tidbit; of the 685 psnp users who got 100% completion on this game, 277 of those did it after the first thread reporting a possible shutdown was posted (Nov 15th). That's 40%!

Huh! That's a fun statistic haha. 

It's too bad they didn't make it until 12/31. In part, I would have loved to pick up a few more trophies (although I am happy I'm up to 26 from the 6 I had pre-announcement) and in part I would have liked to have seen what an "endgame build" would have been like, as I never really got to that part or unlocked cosmic difficulty. So I feel like I only scratched the surface.

However a positive is now I can move on. I'm now DEFINITELY playing more Origins tonight as opposed to "hm maybe I'll grind out some more MHO", because it WAS a grind. Better to move forward. Shame to see the game go though, loved the concept: Diablo clone with a Marvel IP sounds like a winning combo, shame a scummy CEO had to lead it to its downfall.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dragon11gggg said:

is their any possibility of this game returning?  or will it stay gone forever    

Gone forever. The developers seemingly pissed off Disney/Marvel big time and so the licensing agreements have been revoked, the studio has been shut down and everyone fired, and the infrastructure for the game will likely be deleted. Due to the legal issues behind this closure, it's probably up there as one of the least likely unobtainable games to return.

1 hour ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Gone forever. The developers seemingly pissed off Disney/Marvel big time and so the licensing agreements have been revoked, the studio has been shut down and everyone fired, and the infrastructure for the game will likely be deleted. Due to the legal issues behind this closure, it's probably up there as one of the least likely unobtainable games to return.

The CEO has sexual harassment claims against him.  It's so bad he was using a fake name already.  So Disney didn't want nothing to do with that

2 minutes ago, hungherk said:

The CEO has sexual harassment claims against him.  It's so bad he was using a fake name already.  So Disney didn't want nothing to do with that

Yeah, that's what I meant by "the developers pissed off Disney" and "legal issues". Apparently they may have also violated Disney's contract in other ways too but we may never know the full reasons why this happened. It does seem like the CEO has played a big part though indeed.