What are you reading?

Rankineer

• 4 weeks later...

The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde.

0tCy.jpg

I really enjoyed his Nursery Crime books (can't wait for The Last Great Tortoise Race) so I'm happy to start another series of his. Not too far into it, but it's interesting. Doesn't quite grip me like the Nursery Crime books did though.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.

EnO48.jpg

Reading this as well. I'm not too far into this either (only a couple pages in) but I like the premise.

Currently

51FVQqohzKL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Coming up after this^ (I have maybe 60 pages left...)

Amber_and_Ashes.jpg

220px-A%26IDragonlance.JPG

Amber_And_Blood_Book_Cover.jpg

lol almost a year later and I finally got to the 3 books I wanted. :facepalm:

I'm on the last book in the trilogy in spoilers now. Surprised I got through all 3 of them as fast as I did.

After the Dark Disciple trilogy will come The Dwarven Nations trilogy :D

71QZB2CX58L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.gifDwarfNationV2-HammerAxe.jpg51CQWR0G03L._AC_UL320_SR190,320_.jpg

• Like 1

The Cat Who Played Post Office. I strongly recommend this series for those who love cats and murder mysteries as Koko is probably my favorite fictional cat even though he isn't the star and I enjoy the workings of James Qwilleran. And if you love that series, you should try a series which my mom recommended - Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown. It's about a cat who works with some other cats and her dog roommate to help solve mysteries. ^_^

lol almost a year later and I finally got to the 3 books I wanted. :facepalm:

I'm on the last book in the trilogy in spoilers now. Surprised I got through all 3 of them as fast as I did.

After the Dark Disciple trilogy will come The Dwarven Nations trilogy :D

71QZB2CX58L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.gifDwarfNationV2-HammerAxe.jpg51CQWR0G03L._AC_UL320_SR190,320_.jpg

Dwarven Nations, those are some of the old-school ones, aren't they?

Dwarven Nations, those are some of the old-school ones, aren't they?

Judging from the artwork on the covers I'd say it was some of their earlier stuff. Most of the newer books, and some of the reprinted books, have artwork more like the Amber and Blood cover photo in my post. (Tanis the Shadow Years, or Kendermore or pretty much all the Preludes books.)

I looked it up and Covenant of the Forge came out in 1993. So yeah I'd say it's old-school still. :P

Judging from the artwork on the covers I'd say it was some of their earlier stuff. Most of the newer books, and some of the reprinted books, have artwork more like the Amber and Blood cover photo in my post. (Tanis the Shadow Years, or Kendermore or pretty much all the Preludes books.)

I looked it up and Covenant of the Forge came out in 1993. So yeah I'd say it's old-school still. :P

The artwork did look a little older than most. Some of the newer ones I've seen seem to have more action-y type covers.  Just a side note, we have a big used book store here that has a lot of these older copies of the Dragonlance/Forgotten Realms books. I ought to go sometime and see which ones they have.

• Like 1

Glad to see that everybody has good taste here.

I can't imagine someone posting something like this as their current read:

14222046_1.jpg?v=8CF70C10EE4BD40

I assure you, it's not a bad joke. This shit really happened.

Genre: Horror

Anyway, I'm reading several things: manga, comics, novel, textbook... for leisure and for research. Of all the fiction I've yet to read, however, I dare to approach Halloween a little early this year when I find the opportunity to occupy myself with this classic...

2940015525168_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

More tea, chaps?

banner-levels-06.png

Edited by AdventCloud7