What are you reading?

Rankineer

• 2 weeks later...

It's the time of year where I need to make sure I've read all the books I got for Christmas last year to justify asking for more this year. The two I still need to work on are As You Wish by Cary Elwes and Dangerous Visions edited by Harlan Ellison. Managed to read most of As You Wish on the train yesterday and it's pretty fantastic, made me want to drop everything and watch Princess Bride.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm currently reading this book

The-Chronicles-of-Corum.jpg

Easy to read sword and sorcery. ;p This is the second trilogy, already read the first. Really, these two books consist of 3*3 books, so really 9 books per book. :S

I'm currently on book 2 of 9, and it's everything I expected it to be like. Years after the first trilogy you find Corum depressed and lonely in his castle with his wife dying long before him. He's called to the future to again fight against the new "Gods" that is terrorizing the world, and more specifically the people whom is the descendants of the best of people like his wife. These giants has come to their continent and has the power of ice and fire, currently spreading and covering the land with cold. Corum was called to the future because of his legendary actions in the past, even if people have grown skeptical of it, they just had to try as a last resort. etc etc ;p

I should probably have read the The History of the Runestaff, which is a quadrilogy,  before this, as it's set in the same .... "universe". There's some references here and there. I do have the book though. Oh well.

If anyone wonders, the books are a part of the Eternal Champion.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1