What are you reading?

Rankineer

• 2 weeks later...

9781408855683.jpeg

I've read all the Harry Potters countless times but in Finnish (I started reading the series when I was 8 or 9). So a couple of weeks ago I when I was visiting a bookstore, I saw a pile of Harry Potters and thought to myself that I probably should finally read them in their original language so I bought the whole series. Currently reading The Goblet of Fire which is one of my favorites.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

S_386111-MLB20498298543_112015-O.jpg

I've never knew that I Am The Legend was based on a book!!

There have been three versions of the book released as films "The Last Man on Earth (1964), The Omega Man (1971) and I Am Legend (2007). Personally, I think the original 1964 version is still the best.

I've banged out 5 books in 5 days...

Image result for storm front dresden

Image result for tales of grand tour

Related image

Image result for fool moon dresden files

Image result for the dangerous days of daniel x

Edited by PSXtreme_
consuming too many adult beverages
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, hugglebunn-e said:

Is this your first time?

Nope. First time was in '89. Found that in a library with The Dark Knight Returns and Batman: Year One. Some great first reads. B)

I've the original comics, the Absolute edition and a hardcover collection that came with the Ultimate Cut of the film.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

Nope. First time was in '89. Found that in a library with The Dark Knight Returns and Batman: Year One. Some great first reads. B)

I've the original comics, the Absolute edition and a hardcover collection that came with the Ultimate Cut of the film.

Good deal. As a fan of the comic how did you like the film? I really enjoyed it.

26 minutes ago, Jamescush147 said:

Good for the length. Hated the change at the end. I wanted my Space Squid!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Imagine audiences reactions if the Space Squids were kept. 

46 minutes ago, marvelboy10 said:

Image result for animal farm cover

Really great book. My father encouraged me to read it as a child, he considered it a comedy.

I'm currently reading Dracula by Bram Stoker, the dark room of damocles by Willem Frederik Hermans and Re-reading Crime and Punishment. I'm a huge fan of psychological novels and Dostoevsky is easily my favourite writer of all time. 

download (2).jpg

download.jpg

download.jpg

2 minutes ago, PLEXTOR08 said:

Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.” 
 Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment

Edited by PLEXTOR08

On 8/6/2016 at 4:36 PM, Hemiak said:

Mistborn : Secret Histories by Brandon Sanderson. It's an addendum to the main Mistborn trilogy.

I recently finished Calamity by the same author. It's the 3rd book in The Reckoned trilogy, about normal people developing super powers. The series is technically young adult fiction and is really good.

My favorite author. Check out The Way of Kings when you get a chance. He also did an excellent job finishing Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time. 

I haven't read anything in a while. I may fix that later today. :hmm: