Lightning Dancer PS4 easy way (script)

Prokky_pew

So, I found easy way to get Lightning Dancer trophy using PS4 Remote Play and Autohotkey. You basically launch the game in Remote Play and run this script in Autohotkey software. I took the script for PC version on the internet, tweaked a bit, and it worked like a charm.

F1::
Macro1:
IfWinExist, PS4 Remote Play

WinActivate ; grab the focus of remote play

else 

MsgBox, Couln't find PS4 Remote Play window 
Return 

Loop
{
CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
PixelSearch, FoundX, FoundY, 1500, 560, 1520, 580, 0xCFCEFE, 20, Fast RGB
If ErrorLevel = 0
{
Sleep 20
Send, {Enter down}
Sleep 50
    Send, {Enter up}
    Sleep 250
}
}
Return

Basically, what a script does is on F1 press it checks for Remote Play window and grabs its focus, then scans the 20x20 pixel square at given coords (1500-1520 x 560-580) and if it meets the color we need (#CFCEFE), it presses Enter (which acts like X in remote play) for 50ms and sleeps for 250ms in case of phantom presses.

For this method, you need a LAN attached to your console and PC for a fast network connection. You may also need to tweak coordinates and color for your monitor.

Edited by Prokky_pew
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

Or you can simply run around the little lake, the lightning will always "spawn" in the same point if I remember correctly :ninja:

Yep, but you still need patience for 20min and a bit of timing skill to do it. But after doing Chocobo Rider and Chocobo Master, I haven't left any for 200 lighning dodges.

• Like 1

The Chocobo trophies were the hardest for me because the controls were so frustrating. The Lightning one is easier. Watch the screen and don't blink. You'll eventually get it. No need for some script to do the job for you. 

11 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

That's a good plan. You are just one step away from this

Also isn't using outside code against the rules? @MMDE, @BlindMango or @grimydawg what is your opinion on this? 

There was a thread about this similarly before. 

My stance stays that it's no different than a controller with macro support, one just has a GUI(graphical user interface) and the other doesn't. 

Don't be surprised if a controller comes out with easy full control with a GUI, much like this. 

I think MMDEs stance was similar. That's all I remember 

Edited by Dav9834

Just now, Dav9834 said:

There was a thread about this similarly before. 

My stance stays that it's no different than a controller with macro support, one just has a GUI(graphical user interface) and the other doesn't. 

Don't be surprised if a controller comes out with easy full control, much like this. 

I think MMDEs stance was similar. That's all I remember 

Really so how is this different than just running a save file into your game to unlock the trophy automatically? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Really so how is this different than just running a save file into your game to unlock the trophy automatically? 

The game is still running at speed, a save pops all trophies in seconds. 

Edited by Dav9834

Been discussed before and while programming input is usually considered okay, this script uses data from the running game to make it's choices, and then it gets a lot more gray. This is pretty much a bot, not just scripted input.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Venocide said:

Do you really need a script for this? I found it incredibly easy. Follow this guide, and you should have it in no time.

If you know exactly which spot the lightning will strike, it's a cake walk. 

It's easy regardless, just requires some persistence. You can press pause right after dodging once too to take pauses in case it gets too tiresome. Easy to do 50 times 4.

1 hour ago, Venocide said:

Do you really need a script for this? I found it incredibly easy. Follow this guide, and you should have it in no time.

If you know exactly which spot the lightning will strike, it's a cake walk. 

LOL this is the same place where i dodged them back in 2003 on PS2. I stopped caring about them so i got 300-ish dodges :°D

It's true, it's not a clean way to get an achievement. But it's still only a scripted X press, you still need to do all the movement and fighting by yourself, if you don't have No encounters armor as I did, and the character gets easily stuck under lightning towers, so you need to move it manually. It's not that kind of a bot, that you press a key and go for a cup of tea for 30min. 

There's much space for discussion here, IMO with appearance of PS4 Remote and easy way of scripting, rules should be described more specifically regarding this question, so there will be no doubts concerning if this way of scripting legal or not.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

I really hate to revive such an old thread, but I am having issues and cannot get this to work for me. Please is there anyone script savy that might be able to help me?

First before anyone starts, I'm getting old, and my hand eye coridination, patience, and focus are not what they used to be. Ive always hated this mini game, and was only ever able to beat it once back in my teenage years on the ps2. Now however, even if i had oldschool cords that could also fit in my modern tv, thus eliminating the input lag-I still would not be able to on my own com0plete this minigame. I saw this work around using ps4 remote play and an auto dodger script, I almost cried for joy, finally I could beat this and not be driven insane. To my displeasure I found the script right as is would work, but only for a few jumps then my Tidus would wind up face down in the dirt. Not to be discouraged as I'm a little more tech savy than some, I researched and found severl solutions to try. Now please be aware that I have tried all these solutions in any number of combinations, including some of my own research-still to no avail.

I have tried screenshots and pulling the hex code(ive logged several different ones and have tried them all out. I have also played with the variations code 50-20). I have tried fiddling with the input delay and phantom pause. I have tried adjusting the brightness both on my computer and in the ps4. I have tried variations on the whole script and combined all of these several times over. the following script has given me the best results so far, that is 100+ jumps uninterupted, however soon after that 100th jump tidus falls. I have also tried different resolutions, and different coordinates.

F1::
Macro1:
IfWinExist, PS4 Remote Play
{
WinActivate ; grab the focus of remote play
}
else
{
MsgBox, Couln't find PS4 Remote Play window
Return
}

Loop
{
CoordMode, Pixel, Screen
PixelSearch, FoundX, FoundY, 950, 530, 970, 550, 0xAFB1DA, 50, Fast RGB
If ErrorLevel = 0
{
Sleep 10
Send, {Enter down}
Sleep 50
    Send, {Enter up}
    Sleep 200
}
}
Return

My maximum scroe using this script is 167, and if faithfully gets up to 100 usually. Both my computer and ps4 are hard wired to my network to prevent as much lag as possible. I just dont know what else to do. Please can someone help me with the script so that I can finally get this achivment. My computer is going to melt if I keep leaving it on overnight, and I'm going to melt if I keep seeing my all nighters return no results.Please and thank you in advance.

Edited by sankin2004
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have never attempted this trophy before because I won't anyway achieve the platinum of this game: the trophy that worries me a lot more is "Chocobo Rider", that insane trophy for beating the Chocobo Race in 0:00:00.

Is there any way to achieve it easily with a method like this one? 

@tjoe1bkhjtqxm

my best advice is, use the dpad by doing little taps, worry about avoiding the birds. Get 4 balloons at the beginning. Get lucky. You wont get it everytime. You just need one lucky go. After you make the first turn i find it easier to move as much to the right as possible. You dont have to worry about getting every single balloon. Aim for 15 was my thing. I passed with 15 balloons and 1 bird

no way i know of to cheat this one

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Late bump.

If you use the crater trick (first map), just mindlessly dodge for 20~30 minutes (set an alarm) without counting, and you'll find this is actually far more tolerable.

It works out at like 15 strikes/minute. (So just under 15 minutes.)

If you count along, chances are you'll screw up.

Edited by Jigsy1
  • Like 2