The last anime you saw?

Aexuz

13 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Considering my main source are LNs, probably not :awesome: 

But it's the easy equation, if west likes it, it must be western oriented, western oriented means not properly Japanese, not properly Japanese means not lolis good enough :awesome::awesome::awesome: 

But it was also really popular in Japan too, right? I have to agree with @mecharobot when they said "western orientated" anime didn't really exist back then. I mean they would have no real reason to do that considering how niche it was in the west at the time. Just because it's popular in the west doesn't automatically make it bad. :P I mean you like Death Note, right? That's so popular in the west that Netflix even made a crappy live action version. :giggle:

Finished up the last of winter 2018:

Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody

Synopsis

"Satou," aka Ichiro Suzuki is a programmer in the middle of a death march. He was supposed to be taking a nap but somehow wakes up in another world... What lies before him is what looks like the menu screen of the game he was working before his nap. He’s at a complete beginner stage at level 1. However, he had three “Meteor Showers” which could level a whole map. Suddenly, a whole group of lizardmen appears in front of him. In order to survive, Satou uses Meteor Shower, his level jumped to 310 and he became extremely wealthy. Whether it be dream or reality, Satou’s journey was now beginning.

This one is one of the anime I liked the most of this season. It has lots of humour in it. The MC does become ridiculously OP and for a moment there I was worried this was going to turn out like the Smartphone anime from a couple of seasons ago. Luckily, the MC usually doesn't go charging in to defeat the bad guy within a second before everyone else shows up, which was a huge relief. I recommend this if you want something light and funny.

Fate/Extra Last Encore

Fate/Extra Last Encore

This anime was actually recommended to me, as prior knowledge of the Fate series isn't actually needed. I still found myself asking for clarification a couple of times. The ending was sudden and didn't really feel like an ending. It feels like there should be one more episode to wrap things up. Nero is a great character, didn't expect her to be so upbeat.

Overlord II

Overlord II

This continues immediately from the season 1 end. IMO the first half focuses too much on the lizardmen war, then they're never seen again for the remainder of the season. The second arc is much more interesting and adds great characters. Evileye is probably my favourite of the new characters. Hoping there will be another season.

• Like 3

Gintama Episode 34-35

10038.jpg

Märchen Mädchen Episode 10 (Finished)

90088.jpg

When the two girls meet, magic begins. Hazuki Kagimura loves stories, an orthodox girl who is overly imaginative. Because her relationship with her new family does not go well, the environment sends her toward the stories in which she spends her days. One day after school, Hazuki gets lost among the bookcases of the library, leading her to a mysterious school where meets Shizuka Tsuchimikado. It is a magic school where girls (called "mädchen") are selected by the magical texts from which the world's stories are born. Hazuki herself is said to be chosen by the book of Cinderella. In order to become a true magician, Hazuki becomes friends with Shizuka and begins her new life at the school.

It was funny even though Episode 9 had bad Animation after two weeks hiatus which killed it as Episode 11 and 12 have turned into OVA and God knows how long that will be until the last Episodes airs.

Overlord II Episode 12-13 (Finished)

90654.jpg

21 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Evileye is probably my favorite of the new characters. Hoping there will be another season.

I Agree, Look forward to Summer as Season 3 is coming, No Bones About It

Himegoto Episode 1-13 (Finished)

75226.jpg

The main protagonist of Himegoto, Arikawa Hime, is in serious trouble. He’s being pursued by loan sharks for the debt his parents left him with. That is, until the Shimoshina High School student council steps in to bail him out. These "kind" girls help Hime by paying off his debt and accepting him into the student council… as a beautiful girl, that is!

Hime just happened to be wearing a French maid outfit when the council came across him, and now they won’t have him any other way. In return for paying off his debt, Hime must dress as a girl and be the council’s pet dog for the rest of his high school years.

Still, things could be worse. After all, Hime is now surrounded by beautiful girls who constantly dote on him, expose him, and do naughty things to him. Thankfully, Hime has at least one person trying to get him out of this predicament: his little brother, who also happens to cross-dress. And then, of course, there’s the head of the disciplinary committee, who is… another cross-dressing boy!? This is getting ridiculous!

One thing can be said about this Anime

IT`s A TRAP!!!!

23 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

It was funny even though Episode 9 had bad Animation after two weeks hiatus which killed it as Episode 11 and 12 have turned into OVA and God knows how long that will be until the last Episodes airs.

I Agree, Look forward to Summer as Season 3 is coming, No Bones About It

DIdn't know ep 11 and 12 were turned into OVAs.

Nice, that's good to know.

88434.jpg

Food Wars s3 - Really enjoyed this season. Last episode was quite the cliffhanger so i'm pretty stoked for next season.

89562.jpg

Overlord Season 2 - It had a pretty slow start and despite the interesting arcs they didn't cover alot in those 13 episodes. At least next season won't be too long off this time.

88911.jpg

Death March - Pretty standard isekai anime. While enjoyable to watch, not much (or anything) really happened in this show.

• Like 1

Violet Evergarden picture

Violet Evergarden

Instead of Synopsis... how about more feels... Complete letters in Episode 11...

Mom. Even though I had told you... that I’d become a baseball player… to get money for you to restore our house… I’m sorry. Dad… Dad, I had wanted you to watch more of my matches. I was really happy… when you told me that you liked seeing me hit the ball. I… I had actually started baseball because I wanted to be praised by you. I feel that if there was… anything else you’d praised me for… it would have been an option too. There’s nothing more fortunate… than having been born as the son of you both. I wonder why. I’ve… always… been so happy… and, well… I’ve gone through quite a lot of hardships… but… I never thought I’d die like this. I didn’t think this would happen. Like, normally… normally… people imagine themselves becoming adults, finding a lover, getting married, having kids… I-I… I… I thought I would be able to take care of you. I didn’t think… that I would be shot without really knowing why… and die in a country so far away from you. I’m sorry. I’m also sad… but the two of you… clearly… will be sadder. I was supposed… to come back to you safely… since I’m your only son. I was… supposed to come back. But… I won’t be able to. I’m sorry. Sorry.” He resented so much not being able to see his parents again and felt so guilty that his tears recurrently halted his words. “If… the two of you end up being reborn… and becoming a married couple… I’ll go to where you are. And then… I want you to give birth to me again. Please. I didn’t mean for things to end like this. I had wanted… to become happier… I was supposed… to show my happy self… to you. That’s the truth. So… please. Dad and Mom, you pray too. Make me your son again… please.

"Maria, are you… doing good? I wonder… if you’re… lonely… since I’m not there. It would be a problem… if it turns out that you’re crying everyday… but I’ve… been seeing your crying face… since we were kids… and it’s cute, so you shouldn’t… cry in front of men. I wonder if you remember… when you… confessed to me. You had… told me to not reminisce… to that time, but… y’know, I… I… was really… really… really… happy back then. I was really… so happy… That was probably… the peak… of my life… for real. I mean, I can’t remember anything else. Much more… than when I… won a baseball tournament… or was… praised by Dad… the thing that made me… the happiest… …was being told… that you… were in love with me. To tell the truth… I used to… only see you as a little sister… but you’re… too adorable, so… I soon… fell for you… You will… become even more gorgeous from now on, right? Aah, I’m jealous… of the guys that will be able to see it. If I could… I had… wanted to… make you… my bride… build a small cottage… and live… in that countryside, with you. I… loved you. I love you… Maria. Maria… Maria… Maria, I don’t wanna die… Maria, I wanna… go back to you… Maria… wait… for me… Even if… it’s just… my soul… I’ll come back… but it’s… fine if I’m… not your ‘only’. Just wait. Just… don’t forget. Don’t… forget… the first man… that you… confessed to. I also… won’t… forget. Even by… the gates… of heaven… I won’t… forget. Maria… don’t… forget me.

I never liked Mikasa, but this anime made me appreciate or even liked Ishikawa Yui.

One thing that bothered me though... Violet was only 14??????? o.O

• Like 2

Gintama Episode 36

10038.jpg

Gin no Guardian 2nd Season Episode 1-6 (Finished)

86476.jpg

Violet Evergarden Episode 2-7 (Re-watched Episode 1)

90618.jpg

Girls & Panzer Movie (Finished)

91467.jpg

Sometime after the 63rd senshadou tournament, the Japanese Ministry of Education decides to move forward with its plan to decommission Ooarai Girls High School despite their recent triumph in the championship. In order to keep the school open, Miho and her team must win a match against a university senshadou team. For this difficult battle, Miho and the others count with the help of their friends from the other schools they previously faced, as well as assistance from new friends from the Chihatan Academy and Keizoku High School. Together, they will join forces to save Ooarai.

That was a lot of transfer students.

• Like 3

I have not posted in a while ><

But today I finished(after binge watching last night) 

Children of the mud whale 

Featured-COTW.jpg

Verdict! Recommended! 

I really enjoyed it, it's one of those that get stuck in my head.

Can't wait for season 2!

Edited by Dav9834
  • Like 3

Gintama Episode 38

10038.jpg

Violet Evergarden Episode 10-13 (Finished)

90618.jpg

The Great War finally came to an end after four long years of conflict; fractured in two, the continent of Telesis slowly began to flourish once again. Caught up in the bloodshed was Violet Evergarden, a young girl raised for the sole purpose of decimating enemy lines. Hospitalized and maimed in a bloody skirmish during the War's final leg, she was left with only words from the person she held dearest, but with no understanding of their meaning.

Recovering from her wounds, Violet starts a new life working at CH Postal Services after a falling out with her new intended guardian family. There, she witnesses by pure chance the work of an "Auto Memory Doll," amanuenses that transcribe people's thoughts and feelings into words on paper. Moved by the notion, Violet begins work as an Auto Memory Doll, a trade that will take her on an adventure, one that will reshape the lives of her clients and hopefully lead to self-discovery.

I look forward to the Special/Episode 14

Takunomi. Episode 12 (Finished)

90091.jpg

20-year-old Michiru Amatsuki moved to Tokyo due to a change of career. She decided to live in the woman-only share house "Stella House Haruno" with people of different ages and occupations.

Fun Fact: Hotaru(Dagashi Kashi) made a cameo in one of Episodes

Spoiler

As Her Loli self

DX_kfi3V4AACY-B.jpg

Imouto sae Ireba Ii. (ONA) Episode 1-6 (Finished)

89847.jpg

Original "chibi" styled animations of Imouto sae Ireba Ii. posted on the anime's official Twitter channel. Also included on the BD/DVD releases.

Dagashi Kashi 2 Episode 6-7

90141.jpg

• Like 1