What was your favourite game of 2017?

DUST3YY__

Late to the party, just noticed this thread updating my trophies.

There is only one game for 2017, and I'm blown away by how I'm not seeing it on here. Seriously, this was *THE* game of 2017. Before I say what it is, all I can say is most of the folks posting on here must not have VR. Because, if you do, and you played this...? It was the first "holy ****" game to come to PSVR, and thusly, since I believe Vr is the future of gaming, this game represents a landmark moment in video game history.

Resident Evil 7

Creeping around the Baker Mansion, in f***ing virtual reality?!?!? Don't get me wrong here, the Vr tech's resolution is at a nascent stage - but this game was the first to manage to compensate for the technological limitations, and half the time you felt you were right freaking there.

Add to all that the fact that the basic game design - combat, mechanics, etc. - was prolly the best of the RE series so far, and the story was by far one of the single greatest gaming storylines (perhaps second to Silent Hill 2 - and yes, I'm a horror junkie), and this was the game of 2017.

Btw, I'll place my bet now on the game of 2018, while I'm at it: Detroit: Become Human. I have a feeling that's going to be a revolutionary game in game design, and easily exceeding all prior output from Quantic Dream, at the very least.

Edit: Wow - 4 pages long, only 2 other RE7 mentions!!!!! Wow.

Anyways, I saw someone mention a game I must give an honorary mention to, because it was phenomenal, and most years, might have taken my #1 slot: What remains of Edith Finch. Might be largely a walking sim, but holy crap, that story was just... I bow before whoever wrote up that storyline. Such a magnificent game.

Edited by Coladar

My top 10 looks like this:

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn

2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

3. Life is Strange: Before the Storm

4. South Park: The Fractured But Whole

5. The Evil Within 2

6. Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

7. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

8. Cat Quest

9. Tekken 7

10. Crash Bandicoot Trilogy

2017 was pretty good year.

• Like 1

Easily Yakuza 0 for me. I've spent over 80 hours within a month or two just exploring every nook and cranny of Kamurohu and Sotenbori. The gameplay might get a bit repetitive at times but had enough move styles and upgrades to keep it interesting. Though I absolutely loved the super engaging story and flashy presentation the most.

• Like 1

1. Night in the Woods
  2. Super Mario Odyssey
  3. What Remains of Edith Finch
  4. Everything
  5. Slime Rancher
  6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  7. RiME
  8. Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles
  9. The Sexy Brutale
  10. Blackwood Crossing

Honorables: Tacoma, A Hat in Time, Cuphead, Hidden Folks, Linelight.

Still have a lot to play, continue playing, or revisit for a proper chance.

Edited by Zondares

Prey (2017) had a great atmosphere and was so much fun to play because of the multitude of different play styles. The soundtrack was also great. Enjoyed every minute with the game.

Horizon Zero Dawn is 2nd place. Also a very great game, but Prey enthralled me more ...

On 05/01/2018 at 0:29 PM, Feral said:

Mass Effect: Andromeda - Really enjoyed it, spent about a 150 hours on playing it.

Ikr. So much hate for this game, yet it was a really awesome experience.

I'm sad they didn't bring any single player dlc. I would've played it without a doubt.

• Like 1

Just now, SGRevan said:

I would say Playstation 4, as this topic is posted in the Playstation 4 section. ^_^

Well, excuse me princess ?

PS4 this year had great games. Persona 5 is definitely the top choice for me with Horizon coming in at a very close second. Both were great platinum journeys too.

2017 was one of the single best years for video games in an extremely long time, but the game that stood out as the best to me was definitely Nier: Automata.

Nier: Automata is the exemplar for masterful story telling in video games, along with a wonderfully fun and addictive rest of the game, but the story was so incredibly immersive to me, personally, and I can wholeheartedly say that it will go down as one of, if not my most cherished experiences in video games.

1 hour ago, SGRevan said:

Ikr. So much hate for this game, yet it was a really awesome experience.

I'm sad they didn't bring any single player dlc. I would've played it without a doubt.

Yeah the hate it gets is ridiculous. Same, single-player DLC would've been great.

Maybe one day EA & Bioware will put out a sequel, can only hope.

• Like 1