PlayStation 5, what are your expectations for the next generation?

gabor434

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

You’re jumping a bit too far ahead here.

I mostly see the PS5 to have photorealistic graphics, and I think a PS4 Pro is already good enough. 

We seem to think that bigger is better when that could very well collapse. Quantity over Quality is a big problem especially with today’s AAA games being a prime example of that. 

If the Playstation 5 is going to have a more bloated social media feed, an interface with ‘pointless’ options and an emphasis to get rid of physical, then I’ll likely won’t bother with it at launch. 

I'm just saying what those in the gaming industry have echoed based on information we aren't privy to because of contracts. 

If ps5 games have been in development for a few years, 2019 Fall, or 2020 Spring release isn't that far fetched at all. 

That would make the ps4 ~7 years old depending. Everyone makes it seem the ps4 came out like a year or 2 ago. Maybe we got used to that long ps3 cycle, which Sony has already said the ps4 cycle will be shorter. 

Though I wonder if the gpu shortage from crypto miners will have an effect on gpu manufacturers ability to even have manufacturing capability for the ps5... Pushing the release

Food for thought :/

1 hour ago, Dav9834 said:

I'm just saying what those in the gaming industry have echoed based on information we aren't privy to because of contracts. 

If ps5 games have been in development for a few years, 2019 Fall, or 2020 Spring release isn't that far fetched at all. 

That would make the ps4 ~7 years old depending. Everyone makes it seem the ps4 came out like a year or 2 ago. Maybe we got used to that long ps3 cycle, which Sony has already said the ps4 cycle will be shorter. 

Though I wonder if the gpu shortage from crypto miners will have an effect on gpu manufacturers ability to even have manufacturing capability for the ps5... Pushing the release

Food for thought :/

I see midrelease consoles to be nothing special since they just make an already good game have a bit more shine and polish, and slightly faster performance. If that’s what you like, then that’s great.

But already we are looking forward to the new God of War and Detroit: Become Human. There is also the Spider-Man game and the Japanese open world game from Insomniac Games and Sucker Punch respectively. Days Gone was delayed to 2019, which is a little disappointing but understandable. 

I can definitely see all of these PlayStation exclusives, when fully patched with a PS4 Pro and Ultra 4K TV, to be absolutely beautiful. These are only what Sony has in store, there is still Activision, EA, Ubisoft and 2K to push forward graphics capability in their games. 

And still that is not enough. 

Our society always tries to push forward with new technology that is going to bring us life like characters in a video game and a NFL broadcast that looks as if you were right there at the stadium. The budget for these AAA games will skyrocket even more with higher end graphics and costs are going to be absurd if Blu-Ray XL will be implemented in future games. 

Meanwhile I’m sitting here with several indie games and a few AAA games, being totally satisfied with what is there until I inevitably have to adapt. And I’m using the old setup which was common when the PS4 was launched. 

Bigger isn’t always better. I have no doubt there will be excellent games on the future console, and whatever Microsoft is going to name theirs when that comes out. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

I see midrelease consoles to be nothing special since they just make an already good game have a bit more shine and polish, and slightly faster performance. If that’s what you like, then that’s great.

But already we are looking forward to the new God of War and Detroit: Become Human. There is also the Spider-Man game and the Japanese open world game from Insomniac Games and Sucker Punch respectively. Days Gone was delayed to 2019, which is a little disappointing but understandable. 

I can definitely see all of these PlayStation exclusives, when fully patched with a PS4 Pro and Ultra 4K TV, to be absolutely beautiful. These are only what Sony has in store, there is still Activision, EA, Ubisoft and 2K to push forward graphics capability in their games. 

And still that is not enough. 

Our society always tries to push forward with new technology that is going to bring us life like characters in a video game and a NFL broadcast that looks as if you were right there at the stadium. The budget for these AAA games will skyrocket even more with higher end graphics and costs are going to be absurd if Blu-Ray XL will be implemented in future games. 

Meanwhile I’m sitting here with several indie games and a few AAA games, being totally satisfied with what is there until I inevitably have to adapt. And I’m using the old setup which was common when the PS4 was launched. 

Bigger isn’t always better. I have no doubt there will be excellent games on the future console, and whatever Microsoft is going to name theirs when that comes out. 

I didn't mention any of that ><

I think you're misunderstanding me, I'm just relaying information. Don't shoot the messenger! 

Though personally I wouldn't call 7 years midrelease. That's what it's closer to what it was before the ps3 cycle. 

On 13/1/2018 at 5:55 PM, Asvinia said:

An even more bloated menu full of shit I can't delete or arrange how I want, more advertising and more social media integration somehow.

All the cancer I hate.

Not expecting backwards compatibility either.

thats the same grim reality I'm expecting as well lol

Besides I think we will have more 4k games than now but as the games will be way more demanding, I don't think we see many with 60 fps.. or at least not a majority

my main expectation is PSVR. Right now even ps4 pro can't even produce a crisp image for the gadget in the more demanding games, so I bet we will be reusing the same 1080p PSVR we are using rn.

3 hours ago, Ekirne77 said:

my main expectation is PSVR. Right now even ps4 pro can't even produce a crisp image for the gadget in the more demanding games, so I bet we will be reusing the same 1080p PSVR we are using rn.

1080p for virtual reality is not the same expectation as with tvs. 

It most definitely is the psvr screen. 

Even 4k won't deliver perfect vr(though it will be definitely better, especially so if they use the same type of screen technology to reduce the pixel size appearance. 

However ya the ps4 wouldn't be able to handle 4k on the psvr2. So an upgrade is completely necessary anyway. 

Now I'm not crapping on psvr, I love mine!

Just saying that I wouldn't get any hopes up that ps5 will really help it where it needs it.

Buttttt ps5 + psvr2... Can't wait to see! 

19 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

Though personally I wouldn't call 7 years midrelease. That's what it's closer to what it was before the ps3 cycle. 

The PS4 Pro was released three years into the cycle. I never said seven years is midrelease. 

The industry will always target the up and coming crowd and the young buyers. People like myself and those well in their 30s and 40s aren’t the target audience. 

Capitalism is about selling off the new product to the masses. The PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 were that product at one time. Today it’s whatever comes out of EA and Activision this year. What Sony has in store. New sells. Old gets phased out until eventually it’s gone forever. 

I’m probably someone who isn’t all that into gaming anymore simply because I’m older. I turn 30 in a few months and I’ve gamed consistently since 1992. For others who are older they’ve played games for even longer. The PlayStation 5 in my eyes is just going to be a hot new product that will produce realistic looking characters with absurd amounts of detail in it’s library of games.  But as someone who is more knowledgeable on games (compared to when I was a kid) and has played for a long time I have a pretty good idea on what is decent and what isn’t. Given the direction the AAA industry is heading towards I won’t be in any hurry to buy the PS5 when it comes out, whatever date that may be. Plus with the sheer number on indie games and a good handful of AAA games on the PS3 and PS4 I never played, I’m probably good for a few years.

Graphics have always sold to kids and this will be no different. I expect many of us won’t be buying a PS5 right away since we’re the minority. But for many 12 year old kids, high schoolers, and hardcore graphic nuts who care about high resolution graphics like 4K, they sure as shit will go out and buy the new console.

Edited by Spaz

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

The PS4 Pro was released three years into the cycle. I never said seven years is midrelease. 

The industry will always target the up and coming crowd and the young buyers. People like myself and those well in their 30s and 40s aren’t the target audience. 

Capitalism is about selling off the new product to the masses. The PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 were that product at one time. Today it’s whatever comes out of EA and Activision this year. What Sony has in store. New sells. Old gets phased out until eventually it’s gone forever. 

I’m probably someone who isn’t all that into gaming anymore simply because I’m older. I turn 30 in a few months and I’ve gamed consistently since 1992. For others who are older they’ve played games for even longer. The PlayStation 5 in my eyes is just going to be a hot new product that will produce realistic looking characters with absurd amounts of detail in it’s library of games.  But as someone who is more knowledgeable on games (compared to when I was a kid) and has played for a long time I have a pretty good idea on what is decent and what isn’t. Given the direction the AAA industry is heading towards I won’t be in any hurry to buy the PS5 when it comes out, whatever date that may be. Plus with the sheer number on indie games and a good handful of AAA games on the PS3 and PS4 I never played, I’m probably good for a few years.

Graphics have always sold to kids and this will be no different. I expect many of us won’t be buying a PS5 right away since we’re the minority. But for many 12 year old kids, high schoolers, and hardcore graphic nuts who care about high resolution graphics like 4K, they sure as shit will go out and buy the new console.

I have zero idea why you continue now xD

I told you this is a big misunderstanding :facepalm:

With the console refreshes this year and sales numbers, I really don’t feel the PS5 should be out soon. I mean, graphics already look well above what they were in 2008. My PS4 does most of what i want it to do and I have a PC if I want a little more. I’m likely to buy a Switch then a PS5,

That being said, I don’t expect much at all. I would like a continuation of physical media, but that’s all i can think of right now

if they made it exactly like the ps3, but added the screen capture from the ps4 and background music to be played during games. thatd be perfecto. all this other crap they have i dont need. all these new era game bloggers with their beards and green screens. i need one game channel, powerpyx and thats it lol

I believe it'll still have a decent line up of japanese niche games, which is my primary reason to play games, but after 4 generations of playstations, new toys just don't appeal to me like they used to. It's just diminishing gains at this point. Same goes for other consoles and PC as well. I became old and tired.

In my personal opinion, the PS5 doesn't need to come out so soon. PS4 Pro is still recent and the console has still lot of potential games that could be released for this console.

I had my PS4 last June and got my Vita a week ago, so I'm not even thinking about the PS5. Not at all. Not when I'm thinking about getting a PS3 in the next years. ?

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

I had my PS4 last June and got my week a week ago, so I'm not even thinking about the PS5. Not at all. Not when I'm thinking about getting a PS3 in the next years. 1f602.png

Why would you wait that long?

Playstation 3s are dirt cheap now. PS Now is an alternative if you wish to stream PS3 games on your PS4. 

Online servers will be closing for the PS3 games that are still active. Same goes for Vita, since both consoles are no longer fully supported by Sony.

2 hours ago, Valyrious said:

This is about what I expect.

Photo realism.

Hmm maybe. Not with all/most games. But I could see it happening. 

I would have liked to know in the description what pc build it was running on though.

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

Why would you wait that long?

Playstation 3s are dirt cheap now. PS Now is an alternative if you wish to stream PS3 games on your PS4. 

Online servers will be closing for the PS3 games that are still active. Same goes for Vita, since both consoles are no longer fully supported by Sony.

Already have a big backlog for my PS4 and my PSVita. Plus, I'm not into online gaming. Most of the PS3 games I have in mind and would like to play are mostly (if not all) games that do not have an online feature (or they have but it's dead now or I simply don't care). Trophy-wise, if it's going to be more limited, well, it's not something I'm worried about right now.

10 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Already have a big backlog for my PS4 and my PSVita. Plus, I'm not into online gaming. Most of the PS3 games I have in mind and would like to play are mostly (if not all) games that do not have an online feature (or they have but it's dead now or I simply don't care). Trophy-wise, if it's going to be more limited, well, it's not something I'm worried about right now.

I don’t play online either, in fact I hardly ever come online these days. 

Still it doesn’t hurt to play a few PS3 games. The God of War, inFamous and Dead Space games are worth your while. I still have to play through Dead Space 2 and Extraction. 

Not sure about Dead Space 2 though. The co-op trophies look simple enough but I hear some collectibles are locked behind co-op, which is just stupid. 

I just hope they don't do what Microsoft did with Kinect and try to push the VR headset as some sort of must have.

No avatars, keep the controller and don't try to add silly gimmicks, just keep it a gaming console. As long as they stay as they are then I'll buy it.

I just expect it be more powerful in terms of graphics/quality. I don't really see what else they can do that won't ruin it.

9 minutes ago, Dr_Shaneman said:

I just hope they don't do what Microsoft did with Kinect and try to push the VR headset as some sort of must have.

No avatars, keep the controller and don't try to add silly gimmicks, just keep it a gaming console. As long as they stay as they are then I'll buy it.

I just expect it be more powerful in terms of graphics/quality. I don't really see what else they can do that won't ruin it.

Have you seen the Playstation VR?

The masses haven’t exactly been clamoring all over it. 

So I think you’re pretty safe.

5 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

That didn't stop Microsoft from pushing the Kinect...

I didn’t think it was absolutely required. Kinect has been dead for a long while now, but the company as a whole has been struggling since they lack exclusives worth buying for the Xbox One.

It also didn’t help a mass amount of people switched over to Playstation after the Xbox One bullshit that happened years back. Then Microsoft decided to release the Xbox One Scorpio which is supposed to compete against the PS4 Pro. But sales have shown the Scorpio hasn’t done well at all.

I couldn’t give two shits about seeing Master Chief in 4K. Halo, Gears of War and Forza are the only real good things Microsoft has. Most of the games you can play on Xbox One can either be played on the PS4 or on the PC via Steam. 

Xbox has lagged behind this entire generation. Bit of a shame considering the 360 was a great competitor against the PS3. Today it’s a completely one sided race.

On 3/15/2018 at 0:45 AM, Spaz said:

Have you seen the Playstation VR?

The masses haven’t exactly been clamoring all over it. 

So I think you’re pretty safe.

I have, but Kinect had the same bashing and Microsoft tried to push it again before finally giving up.

Would also be nice if we could get some backwards compatibility.

Edited by Dr_Shaneman