The Love Boat

12 hours ago, donut_plz said:

Good stuff Rizz. Did you finish within the 25 hours estimated? Just curious as I need to get back to this one yet too. :dunno:

Cheers donut! :) I think I finished just over as my completion time on TrueAchievements is 1 Day and 12 Hours console time. But I could have finished earlier if I would have strictly been following a guide and if I had been playing solidly for a day or two.

• Like 2

Saturday update: I finished Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs after I got home from work yesterday. That just leaves the bonus game which I'll have most of next week to do. 

Its been a rough two days. I was over an hour late for work Thursday because the front passenger tire on my dads truck broke off as we were down our street. That was a hell of an experience. Had to stay (at work) till 11:30 then get up for my Friday morning shift which continued things from the previous night. I feel like my manager (though I don't want her to get in trouble) thinks I've been making excuses for things when I have been giving my all. The company I work for has ridiculous standards. Not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me or anything with my little rant. I just really need it off my chest. Having the tire thing happen then having to still go to work that night because my manager had to rearrange the store and had almost no consideration that mentally it freaked me out. It has been a bit rough cause I think I'm a tad traumatized by it, even though my dad nor myself got hurt. Anxiety has been freaking out every time I get in a car now.. Anyways, you wonderful people have yourself a great weekend! And to all my fellow Walking Dead fans.. SUNDAY! <3 

• Like 3

Saturday Update: 

Since last week I've been able to finish episode 3 of Guardians of the Galaxy.

Otherwise, I've finally finished the story for Assassin's Creed: Origins.

In fact, I think I'm gonna switch my 'Relationship' game to AC:O since I can't seem to stop playing it ?

1. Amy - 33%
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy - 60%
  3. Ratchet and Clank 3 - 12%
  4. Assassin's Creed: Origins - 65%

PS - For the Irish game, what do you think of Stardust Vanguards?

One of the 4 forces is the green-coloured Emerald Coalition; a pretty good nickname for the Irish?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

Its been a rough two days. I was over an hour late for work Thursday because the front passenger tire on my dads truck broke off as we were down our street. That was a hell of an experience. Had to stay (at work) till 11:30 then get up for my Friday morning shift which continued things from the previous night. I feel like my manager (though I don't want her to get in trouble) thinks I've been making excuses for things when I have been giving my all. The company I work for has ridiculous standards. Not trying to make anyone feel sorry for me or anything with my little rant. I just really need it off my chest. Having the tire thing happen then having to still go to work that night because my manager had to rearrange the store and had almost no consideration that mentally it freaked me out. It has been a bit rough cause I think I'm a tad traumatized by it, even though my dad nor myself got hurt. Anxiety has been freaking out every time I get in a car now.. Anyways, you wonderful people have yourself a great weekend! And to all my fellow Walking Dead fans.. SUNDAY! <3 

Wow, sorry to hear your life has been hell because of that situation and an uncaring boss. If it were me, I'd just sac my job to give her a piece of my mind. :(

Well, anyways, I've been having a rough month myself. I caught a common cold which digi-volved into pnuemonia in my left lung so I had so much drainage it was so gross and painful, couldn't sleep in a bed for a long time, and then just this morning I got sick again with stuffy nose. Maybe I need to throw out the used cat litter, that's probably making me ill. xD When you're coughing up a lung and have a stuffy nose it's really really hard to play video games.

6 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

Saturday update: I finished Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs after I got home from work yesterday. That just leaves the bonus game which I'll have most of next week to do. 

Sorry to hear you had such a horrible time at work. Hopefully next week will be better for you. :D

And yes! Another Walking Dead fan! <3

@xMissFantasy Vent away! I totally get that sometimes you just need to put thoughts out there so you can move passed them and think about something else. Sorry about the situation though. Work obligations and a jerk boss aren't helping for sure. I think your anxiety in the car will die down pretty soon though. .

@masaru-san Emerald Alliance does sound pretty Irish. I say go for it!

@CJ_Mystery Geez! I hope you get feeling better and dint have any more digi-volving illnesses.

@Kent10201 I watched walking dead faithfully until Neegan showed up. Somewhere in between those seasons I canceled cable and fell off the band wagon. I need to catch up on the show though. Its not like I suddenly didnt like it. 

• Like 1

@CJ_Mystery Its been a bit rough but I'll quit when I find a new job lol. That sucks that you're that sick :( I hope you feel better soon! :) 

@Kent10201 It's alright. Only have two shifts next week besides the 8 am meeting tomorrow (thank god) xD and yes. Been a fan since the beginning.? Can't wait for tomorrow!

@Toogie53 Yeah. I know this is supposed to be a cheerful event which is why I felt bad for even posting anything. Just didn't want to make a random thread about it then have some a-hole say something to piss me off. But I find with these kinds of events there are always a few people who make you feel better about said situation and sometimes that's all you need. As for the car anxiety, it might go away after a while, it may not. I've always had it (though its been alright the last little while) but as the days go on, I just need to think about positive things like gaming and making that moolah. :P 

Thanks though you guys. Just needed to get it out of my system. Back to them video games! ?

• Like 1

class-hand.jpg

I have a question. 

So I have done 2 of my games to completion and 1 partial playthrough of a third and so far I have experienced the following

Attempted rape, attempted pedophilia, multiple suicides, drug use, date rape, countless murders, killing my friends girl friend, killing a new mom, mass destruction of all my loved ones (in 3 different games) and I haven't even platted the game where I can do this to my daughter

Do I still qualify for the Love badge if I complete everything?

I just have comleted The Little Acre, the first game of my list... And im not sure if i will be able to finish many more, because my gaming time is severely limited at the moment. I am a nurse and normally work 12 hour-shifts, so i only work 3 or 4 days a week in general, in combination with e having a 3 year old son, my gaming time under normal circumstances is limited to about 10 am to 2 pm, when my son is in kindergarden on my free days, and on evenings when my son and girlfriend are already asleep and i have no shift the next day.

Since the start of february though, i am in special training for ICU nurses, which takes a whole year and im alternating between school and internships on different wards. Currently im in school, so when im home, my family is also at home, and then i of course prioritize my family.

So i think its impossible for me to complete my list, maybe i'll get one or two more games done if i hurry it up :)

• Like 1

On 2/24/2018 at 9:18 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

I have a question. 

So I have done 2 of my games to completion and 1 partial playthrough of a third and so far I have experienced the following

Attempted rape, attempted pedophilia, multiple suicides, drug use, date rape, countless murders, killing my friends girl friend, killing a new mom, mass destruction of all my loved ones (in 3 different games) and I haven't even platted the game where I can do this to my daughter

Do I still qualify for the Love badge if I complete everything?

LMAO! I think you qualify because you are really exploring all sorts of human relationship interactions.

17 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I just saw you made a little mistake @Toogie53 you marked TWD Season 2 with the :platinum: instead of 1f4af.png in Fitzquaid's list (first page)

Oh right. That doesn't have a plat. I just went and added an icon when he said he finished. Ill update later today. I'm going to be updating everyones percentages sometime this evening.

@gernboes No problem. Real life comes first for sure. The other stuff you are doing is way more important. Hopefully, you'll get some unexpected free time or something. 

Edited by Toogie53

7 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

LMAO! I think you qualify because you are really exploring all sorts of human relationship interactions.

Oh right. That doesn't have a plat. I just went and added an icon when he said he finished. Ill update later today. I'm going to be updating everyones percentages sometime this evening.

@gernboes No problem. Real life comes first for sure. The other stuff you are doing is way more important. Hopefully, you'll get some unexpected free time or something. 

Oh good :) 

Because after platting Life is Strange I was getting a little worried :P

Here is my weekly updates

1. The Walking Dead - Season Two - 100%
  2. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - 10%
  3. Persona 5 - 83%
  4. Life is Strange - 100%
  5. Mortal Kombat X - 72%

Update time @Toogie53 :) ... the first game finished :D 

Hatoful Boyfriend 100%

I've been through all story paths by now and i am astonished how dark the end was ? ... didn't see it coming, it was so cheerful at the start... besides that this is the VN which is most difficult to imagine in a different visual style...

Besides that please put Broken Sword 5 Episode 1 and 2 on the list... seeing that Bleach still takes a while (still 8 characters to go) and i don't want another plat before that game i am choosing different games which i might finish within this event and don't have a plat... if someone has a suggestion for an irish game that would be good... didn't find something today, thinking about games set in Ireland or made by Irish people....

So my list looks like this now:

Journey (PS4): 0%

Broken Sword 5 (Vita): 0%

Bleach: 79%

Hatoful Boyfriend: 100%

The Little Acre: 0%

Edited by Evil_Joker88
  • Like 2

Happy monday everyone, Glad to say I finally knocked out Assassin's Creed Origins last night. I ended up really enjoying it but the trophy for Old Habits was a real grind! especially trying to find that one last question mark I had missed! so that takes me to

1. Fallout 4 - :platinum:
  2. Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness - 0%
  3. Mass Effect: Andromeda - 91%
  4. Assassin's Creed Origins - :platinum:
  5. Borderlands 2 - 19%

Probably going to start Psychopass tonight and leave mass effect for last but we will see. Also picked up Nier on the weekend so will need to find time to play that soon too. Hope y'all had a good weekend

• Like 1

@Dr_MayusNo need to worry. Firstly, I'm not very strict. Secondly, sometimes you start a game expecting one kind of theme and then it goes another direction. 

@Evil_Joker88 I'm cool with people staging platinums. So you can get something almost to platinum or 100% sans one trophy and I'll count it as complete. So if you have something else with a plat and not 100% you want to do, go ahead and play it and don't pop the plat. Just tell me when you got it ready to go. I had one person in the Halloween event stage everything for that event but actually finished them for a Platinum Rain Day later. I usually indicate it in the main thread with a thumbs-up emoticon so you know I'm counting it as completed. ?

@Dessane I almost picked up Neir too. I even had a copy reserved for a one day Saturday sale. I just got busy and never made it out to the local Gamestop. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2018 at 6:15 PM, Toogie53 said:

FOR EVERYONE: Just some general info. I think I've settled into an event formula. Each event is going to be four games plus a bonus option. I plan to start the next event at the beginning of April and go halfway into May. That event will have spring puns as categories (example: Spring Forward = Play a game with a futuristic setting) and an Easter bonus game (Find an Easter Egg in game of your choice). Repeat that timing for events in June-July, August-September, October-November. And reset annually until I'm tired of doing it. I started these with a Halloween event last year. It was for doing 13 games. I'm going to change that up to still be 4 categories and a bonus game. Since I've kind of established a more casual pace. However, I will honor the past by offering a lifetime premium membership on this site ($13 value!) to those that finish 13 games during the October-November event.

!!!-IMPORTANT-!!!

I said the future plans wrong. I intend to have it be three categories plus a bonus game for a total of four games per event going forward. The next Love Boat will have the companionship and partnership categories merged together. I wasn't going to bother correcting the post and just putting out three categories in the Spring event. However, since we have a lot of people struggling with time, I thought I'd propose this idea. I'm willing to consider retro-fitting this event to that design. This means allowing people to drop one game from the "ships" part of the event (Bonus game is separate). I think it would be best to allow the drop to be any of the ships since we are pretty invested into what we have done so far. I think we are all pretty laid back here, but I can see why some would validly think this is a unfair change, especially those that have finished or put a lot of time into a specific game/category. Please directly message me if you feel strongly for or against this modification to the event rules. I'll make a decision Thursday morning so you can rearrange your gaming plans, if necessary, before the weekend.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

(...)

Hatoful Boyfriend 100%

I've been through all story paths by now and i am astonished how dark the end was ? ... didn't see it coming, it was so cheerful at the start... besides that this is the VN which is most difficult to imagine in a different visual style...

(...)

I know your feelings... I've finished this game too last week, and I was surprised by the "BBL ending" - totally unexpected... D: (mainly all the sci-fi stuff...)

Well, now I have only two games remaining: Journey, where are only one trophy remaining (probably I would have gotten this trophy already, if I had not made a mistake when I was waiting somebody...), and MLB The Show 17, which I expect having lots of fun playing this one on next weekdays' evenings...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JoaoQuique said:

I know your feelings... I've finished this game too last week, and I was surprised by the "BBL ending" - totally unexpected... D: (mainly all the sci-fi stuff...)

Well, now I have only two games remaining: Journey, where are only one trophy remaining (probably I would have gotten this trophy already, if I had not made a mistake when I was waiting somebody...), and MLB The Show 17, which I expect having lots of fun playing this one on next weekdays' evenings...

I saw you were super close on Journey. I still have it installed if you want to attempt grouping up with me. It seems to be an inexact science based on my past experience. 

On 2/24/2018 at 10:17 AM, xMissFantasy said:

That sucks. Something similar happened to me back in November. I was in a car accident (other guy's fault), but my car was totaled and it required me to miss a day or two because of a back injury I suffered, and needing time to get the rental car, etc. Well I ended up being let go at the end of that month and the accident played a big part. I was giving my all too, and admittedly I was struggling with being productive. The timing of the accident couldn't have been worse though. They thought I was manufacturing it as a reason to just take a couple of days off. The problem with the state I live in (Texas) is that it is an at-will state, meaning they can fire you without reason or for any reason and you can't sue for wrongful firing. So I was screwed. Hopefully you'll be able to get your situation sorted out. FIngers crossed.

Haven't watched TWD yet. My wife and I were rewatching the midseason finale, and she fell asleep at the end of it! So the first thing we are doing when she gets home from work is watching it. She wants to work out, but that can wait. Priorities.

Edited by ShogunCroCop

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

I saw you were super close on Journey. I still have it installed if you want to attempt grouping up with me. It seems to be an inexact science based on my past experience. 

Thanks for your consideration, but I will decline your offer - if I have not better luck on next attempts (I will keep myself trying this one next weekends), I can use a 2nd PS4 I have at disposal to self-boost this one in the worst case scenario... So you don't need to waste your time with me. ;) (specially considering that grouping in this game can be a lot troublesome...)

• Like 1

On 24/2/2018 at 0:17 PM, xMissFantasy said:

That sucks, I'd never been ina  situation like that and in my work usually I have certain advantage in how I use my time, for example 2 years ago I was working while I was at collage so i was basically going from work to collage and otherwise, I barely went home back then... But anyways my sister also lives in Canada, Vancouver actually (I hope I can move there in a few years) and she told me about how easy is to have a tight boss, project manager or whatever, probably the best you can do is not to feel bad about it and not giving her the satisfaction, if you are giving your best be happy about it and don't stress out about other people thinking you are making excuses etc.

I wasn't able to watch The Walking Dead yesterday so I will in a few hours, one friend of mytold me it was quite good tho ?

Just got bad news on the promotion thing that I've been waiting for the whole month on. Someone else got it. I got told I was in consideration until the very end, but it just didnt fall my way. That they felt like I deserved it but someone else made more sense. Blah blah blah. Honestly, the consolation words always feel hollow to me. Their investment with me ends as soon as the conversation is over and I walk out of their office. So they can say whatever the hell they want really. It doesn't change what happens.

This is one where being second place feels like being the first loser. I'm really bummed and feeling defeated right now. I just was hoping for some change and thought I had an particularly excellent shot at this opportunity including having a friend as the hiring manager. When you don't succeed with the odds are stacked in your favor, its hard to feel hopeful.

Anyway, I'll get over it. Just kind of venting and giving an update at the same time. Things are good where I am currently at and there is something else on the horizon to chase after. But for tonight I'm going to eat ice cream and sulk.