alphanumericsven

Trophy auto-100%

Auto-Completion   111 members have voted

  1. 1. Should SONY auto-complete the trophies for all users (91.1%) or take them all away, even for those that had the chance to complete them (9.9%)?

    • Take them away. (take away all trophy points associated with the PSHome service) [Detrimental to those select few]
    • Auto-complete them. (Make everyone's PSHome service trophies 100% completed) [Beneficial to most users overall]

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

89 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Martain2 said:

I think you'll find that bit is wrong as, although it isnt on my trophy list, i did try out Home back in the day years before it ever got trophy support.

Same here. 

 

Either way, it's kind of sad that you're throwing a tantrum because we're just telling you how reality is. The reality is that you (and everyone else) will never get the other trophies. It doesn't matter what conversation/discussion/debate you have, Sony will never bring PShome back on the PS3. 

 

Again, this is taking emotion out of the equation. It sucks, but it's the truth.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's my own fault that I didn't finish the game when I could. I don't expect to be handed stuff free because I didn't put enough effort in.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

 so in other words, you never had any trophies, thereby don't have any incomplete trophies to earn and thereby your point is invalid as I previously stated.

By your logic, I guess they should give the platinum for MAG to everyone that earned at least one trophy. 

 

Hey Sony, I'm still waiting for you to give me my Platinum for Marvel Heroes Omega that I didn't earn. I got a few trophies for it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

 so in other words, you never had any trophies, thereby don't have any incomplete trophies to earn and thereby your point is invalid as I previously stated.

Your 'point' (in the loosest sense of the term) was that anybody arguing with you had either never played Home or had 100% on it, as i said i played it but it didn't have trophies then so your original statement was just flat out wrong and never mentioned only people with a vested interest in the trophy side of it may comment.

Edited by Martain2
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By this logic sony should give me the last dlc trophies for burn zombie burn even though it never released. The real world doesn't work like that, you don't always get your way. There should be a 3rd option for the poll "They don't have to do anything"

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Same here. 

 

Either way, it's kind of sad that you're throwing a tantrum because we're just telling you how reality is. The reality is that you (and everyone else) will never get the other trophies. It doesn't matter what conversation/discussion/debate you have, Sony will never bring PShome back on the PS3. 

 

Again, this is taking emotion out of the equation. It sucks, but it's the truth.

I literally just wanted a proper discussion on the matter.

I agree with their decision if they don't want to do anything about it. I'm just saying it'd be nice to have the opportunity to earn them. Maybe place them as Easter eggs on their other apps or something. Why is it so hard for people to just have a debate without attacking others.

 

I did forget to include option 3. "No, they shouldn't do anything." when I made the initial post and I can't edit or add it. Maybe those saying No could just say so and move on rather than rehashing the same old shtick "You should've played it when it was around" and the "Why do you care so much" and the ever so memorable "Deal with it!"

 

Have a normal discussion, state your constructive criticism and move on.

 

I'm not a huge forum-goer and all that and I don't particularly even care about PSHome. So far my experience here today has been like watching CNN.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no discussion to be had. Sony will not ever let you earn the trophies nor will they remove them from people who earned some already. I don't know what else you want us to say.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

Your 'point' (in the loosest sense of the term) was that anybody arguing with you had either never played Home or had 100% on it, as i said i played it but it didn't have trophies then so your original statement was just flat out wrong and never mentioned only people with a vested interest in the trophy side of it may comment.

That does actually bring up a good point. If you've done all the stuff required for the trophies, would you want them to accept your progress for the trophies?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

I literally just wanted a proper discussion on the matter.

I agree with their decision if they don't want to do anything about it. I'm just saying it'd be nice to have the opportunity to earn them. Maybe place them as Easter eggs on their other apps or something. Why is it so hard for people to just have a debate without attacking others.

 

I did forget to include option 3. "No, they shouldn't do anything." when I made the initial post and I can't edit or add it. Maybe those saying No could just say so and move on rather than rehashing the same old shtick "You should've played it when it was around" and the "Why do you care so much" and the ever so memorable "Deal with it!"

 

Have a normal discussion, state your constructive criticism and move on.

 

I'm not a huge forum-goer and all that and I don't particularly even care about PSHome. So far my experience here today has been like watching CNN.

 

 

There is no place for a debate when you only offer that kind of possibilities.

"What do you think is best? Headbang with bananas attached to you hairs or dancing bare-footed on mud? Let's have a debate!"

Edited by lesk8vaincra
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

 

There is no place for a debate when you only offer that kind of possibilities.

"What do you think is best? Headbang with bananas attached to you hairs or dancing bare-footed on mud? Let's have a debate!"

 

It's clear from your choice of argument that you do not comprehend what any of my dialogue (which you quote replied to I might add) means.

16 minutes ago, lesk8vaincra said:

 

There is no place for a debate when you only offer that kind of possibilities.

"What do you think is best? Headbang with bananas attached to you hairs or dancing bare-footed on mud? Let's have a debate!"

 

and there is no choice, it's of course going to be "Dancing bare-footed in mud"

 

I fucking hate bananas!!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alphanumericsven said:

I agree that they should make them available, which would be way better than giving them away since it would involve people doing stuff to get them.

As to the people who are trying to rip me a new one based on "If you wanted them then you should've gotten them" line of thinking.. well no..

 

I use my console when I have time. Work, life, and other things get in the way. and as for the "Sony announced it like 50 days ahead", again.. really? that's your comment?

 

There's these things called LIVES that people have.

Just because I own a Playstation doesn't mean that I follow everything that Sony is doing all the time, every day.

I don't have time to read up on all their internal affairs, company mergers, stock options etc.

 

If you buy milk do you know when the company delivers their supplies to the stores, or when their boss goes on vacation? No? really?

 

PSHome wasn't a service that people lose their shit oner usually. You don't wake up in the morning and go "I wanna play Playstation Home!!", it's one of those things that's there and you go "I haven't gone there for a while, let's see what's new." and then you start loading it to get the "Fuck You! We've shut down this service." message.

 

So yeah, either make it available again, maybe for a limited time so that people can finish it (and send messages to people's playstation so they can actually see the announcement), or auto-complete/remove that shit so I don't have a incomplete thing that I can'd do anything about staring me in the face every time I scroll through my trophies.

 

The announcement was made well before 50 days of the server shutdown so you could have easily gotten the 50 days trophies then, even if you were extremely busy with school, work, private stuff or whatever as logging in only takes 2 minutes or so. I'm sure you also had at least 1 day with enough time to finish up the remaining trophies.

 

50 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

Wow, the amount of vitriol on here. Do you people practice at spitting venom on others or what? Why can't no one have a civil discussion anymore?

That's what you get for asking silly questions like this. And I don't think people really were vitriol before you made this comment yet.

 

EDIT: I just looked up when they announced the server shutdown, which was on September 26th 2014, 186 days before the servers shut down. So if you really wanted to get it done/really cared about it this much, you had plenty of time to log in for 2 minutes on 50 days of those 186 days.

Edited by Lucas
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

 so in other words, you never had any trophies, thereby don't have any incomplete trophies to earn and thereby your point is invalid as I previously stated.

Maybe you should start to knock your online trophies in time before any game will shut down. Sony warned everyone months before for Playstation Home.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The announcement was made well before 50 days of the server shutdown so you could have easily gotten the 50 days trophies then, even if you were extremely busy with school, work, private stuff or whatever as logging in only takes 2 minutes or so. I'm sure you also had at least 1 day with enough time to finish up the remaining trophies.

 

That's what you get for asking silly questions like this. And I don't think people really were vitriol before you made this comment yet.

yet another PlaystionHome 100% person joins the discourse.

it's interesting how it's always the people with an above level 24 account that probably do nothing but game in all their free time that keep hashing on about the same bs. Do you people have a club or something?

 

I have a life outside of work where I go outside, talk to people in real life, do volunteer type of shit etc. And I will say it again.. Home wasn't that engaging, it was one of those "Eh, I'll get to it eventually thing"

 

It may interest you to know that people can sometimes be busy for upwards of 3 months. so if you are only able to turn on your machine in between those busy periods, and don't have a whole day to spend on it, you may miss the window of Sony's benevolence and not get the chance to have the 50 days to earn the trophy.

 

I'd personally be okay with either getting the trophies (but no points) for the remainder or giving up the trophies I have, just so I don't have the never-able-to-finish "game" on my record, and there are many people who agree with me that did the actual POLL.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not wanting to sound horrible dude, but you built a poll which basically invites heated debate and discussion and then act hurt when it invites that same debate and discussion. I get that some people have reacted heavily but perhaps there is a lesson to learn for both groups here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

It's interesting how the rest of the people on here that are spouting abuse and stupidity are the ones that never bothered to play "Playstation Home" or the ones that got "100%" on it. So you have no vested interest in having the opportunity to earn those trophies.

 

I switched from Xbox to PS4 back in 2015. Thus, I never had a chance to play this game. Do I complain about being the game not available anymore? No. Is it my fault that you don't get rid of your online trophies before they become unobtainable? No.

 

I understand, it sucks that you can't 100% this game anymore but I think you had more than enough time to do so. Get over it.

 

'Nuff said!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

yet another PlaystionHome 100% person joins the discourse.

it's interesting how it's always the people with an above level 24 account that probably do nothing but game in all their free time that keep hashing on about the same bs. Do you people have a club or something?

 

I have a life outside of work where I go outside, talk to people in real life, do volunteer type of shit etc. And I will say it again.. Home wasn't that engaging, it was one of those "Eh, I'll get to it eventually thing"

 

It may interest you to know that people can sometimes be busy for upwards of 3 months. so if you are only able to turn on your machine in between those busy periods, and don't have a whole day to spend on it, you may miss the window of Sony's benevolence and not get the chance to have the 50 days to earn the trophy.

 

I'd personally be okay with either getting the trophies (but no points) for the remainder or giving up the trophies I have, just so I don't have the never-able-to-finish "game" on my record, and there are many people who agree with me that did the actual POLL.

 

And you still wish for people to be kind towards you with that kind of intervention 😂.
Yeah; right; i'm level 41, i must be a no-lifer that does nothing but play games. Yeah, no, i don't have any friends, i don't work, i only play my games.

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

yet another PlaystionHome 100% person joins the discourse.

it's interesting how it's always the people with an above level 24 account that probably do nothing but game in all their free time that keep hashing on about the same bs. Do you people have a club or something?

 

I have a life outside of work where I go outside, talk to people in real life, do volunteer type of shit etc. And I will say it again.. Home wasn't that engaging, it was one of those "Eh, I'll get to it eventually thing"

 

It may interest you to know that people can sometimes be busy for upwards of 3 months.

Oh, I think most people here have that too, don't worry. Some of them might just prefer to spend there free time differents than you do. I also have been busy with work and school a lot lotely and barely have time to game next to some other things I do in my free time so I completely get how you feel :).

 

However,

7 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

so if you are only able to turn on your machine in between those busy periods, and don't have a whole day to spend on it, you may miss the window of Sony's benevolence and not get the chance to have the 50 days to earn the trophy.

I'm sure you had 2 minutes of free times in 50/186 of those days, which comes down to about 15-20 minutes per month to turn on your PS3, start up PS Home and then turn it off again. You just didn't care enough back then to complete the game but you had enough time to do so. It's your own fault.

Edited by Lucas
4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will always stand by giving accounts the ability to delete games off of their trophy list, which would remove the trophies from your account. This will ensure that anyone who wants to keep it or just doesn't care can keep it, while users who do care can simply delete it. The current system that allows us to delete 0% games is not enough. Its purpose is to delete games that you do not like or want to play, but there are not any games in the last few years that I can think of that didn't give me a trophy in the first hour of play. That is simply not enough time to determine if you like a game. Many people who strive for 100% have an alt account to test games on, which I feel is really extreme and undermines the point of 100% completion. Unobtainable trophies should be unacceptable to Sony.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, donut_plz said:

Dudes just trolling he obviously don’t care about completion with a 25.35% completion ratio... just sayin.

 

I'm not trolling. I'm just trying to have a normal conversation and am being attacked every step of the way

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I'm sure you had 2 minutes of free times in 50/186 of those days, which comes down to about 15-20 minutes per month to turn on your PS3, start up PS Home and then turn it off again. You just didn't care enough back then to complete the game but you had enough time to do so. It's your own fault.

 

This is exactly what I did.

Every day after I came from high school, I spent 3 minutes to sign into PS Home to count a day for the trophy. After that, just quit the game and turn off the PS3. That was it. Then, have lunch and do loads of homework without touching the PS3 for the rest of the day.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be honest and say no. You should DO what the trophy asks to get the said trophy. If it becomes unobtainable after that and people were notified in advanced of a server shutdown then the fault of not getting the 100% is on the user. I was an avid Home user and by the fall of 2014, I was notified of the impending server closure. This gave me plenty of time to visit Home for 50 different days. I'm one of the very few who actually enjoyed it 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I will always stand by giving accounts the ability to delete games off of their trophy list, which would remove the trophies from your account. This will ensure that anyone who wants to keep it or just doesn't care can keep it, while users who do care can simply delete it. The current system that allows us to delete 0% games is not enough. Its purpose is to delete games that you do not like or want to play, but there are not any games in the last few years that I can think of that didn't give me a trophy in the first hour of play. That is simply not enough time to determine if you like a time. Many people who strive for 100% have an alt account to test games on, which I feel is really extreme and undermines the point of 100% completion. Unobtainable trophies should be unacceptable to Sony.

 

Wow, a rational individual with proper arguments and rational thoughts. Good to meet you!

 

That's exactly what I mean. I played the demo of Catherine a while back and got the trophies for it which messed up my trophy/level score as they were thereabout not really, yet I could see them. It wasn't until a new update that the glitch was fixed, the trophies disappeared and the points made sense again. I remember when I had those Catherine trophies appearing on my profile, they annoyed me cause I din't feel I earned them (since I didn't buy the game) and was glad to be rid of them when they were removed.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, alphanumericsven said:

yet another PlaystionHome 100% person joins the discourse.

it's interesting how it's always the people with an above level 24 account that probably do nothing but game in all their free time that keep hashing on about the same bs. Do you people have a club or something?

 

I have a life outside of work where I go outside, talk to people in real life, do volunteer type of shit etc. And I will say it again.. Home wasn't that engaging, it was one of those "Eh, I'll get to it eventually thing"

 

It may interest you to know that people can sometimes be busy for upwards of 3 months. so if you are only able to turn on your machine in between those busy periods, and don't have a whole day to spend on it, you may miss the window of Sony's benevolence and not get the chance to have the 50 days to earn the trophy.

 

I'd personally be okay with either getting the trophies (but no points) for the remainder or giving up the trophies I have, just so I don't have the never-able-to-finish "game" on my record, and there are many people who agree with me that did the actual POLL.

Between your first PS Home trophy earned on 23/3/14 and your last on 21/3/15 you earned 150 trophies and the only month you didn't earn a single trophy on was in August 2014 so i wouldn't bother using the excuse of having a life outside of gaming (which is really just coming across as a dig at people that do game a lot) or not having a chance at getting on PS Home even for two minutes a day, plus it was 50 different days not 50 days in a row.

 

You wasn't bothered about the 100% until it was not available plain and simple.

Edited by Martain2
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, charlijaen said:

 

This is exactly what I did.

Every day after I came from high school, I spent 3 minutes to sign into PS Home to count a day for the trophy. After that, just quit the game and turn off the PS3. That was it. Then, have lunch and do loads of homework without touching the PS3 for the rest of the day.

 

High school, yeah..

 

Try working a 14-hr physically exerting job doing graveyard shifts which basically kill you when you get home, pass out until you have to go back to work and then talk to me about free time.

5 minutes ago, Terra said:

I'll be honest and say no. You should DO what the trophy asks to get the said trophy. If it becomes unobtainable after that and people were notified in advanced of a server shutdown then the fault of not getting the 100% is on the user. I was an avid Home user and by the fall of 2014, I was notified of the impending server closure. This gave me plenty of time to visit Home for 50 different days. I'm one of the very few who actually enjoyed it 

 

The above is an example of what a proper response should be. Notice how he didn't personally attack me or anything? 

Thanks Terra for that constructive comment which expresses actual rational opinion.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.