The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 3

Epic Dual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be triumphant in the ultimate showdown for Tim Tams this season!?

• Feral
    • TheWayne-o
    • Does it matter? You're both losers, go and actually earn some trophies!

16 minutes ago, AuzzieWingman said:

Wherever there is competition, there is a most important element that motivates us, pushes us, drives us to go even further beyond and ultimately defines us and our place in all things.

That element is a constant flow of shit talk.

I think you are right, because looking at the majority of the competitors profiles it sure ain't trophies that motivates them.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CjShai said:

Just for complete transparency 2 of those last 3 games only go for 5 mins ?

Shhhh you are mean to keep that a secret, I was going to mention this next. :D I miss "some" of them Arcade Archives games. Why some because a few of them were a pain early on.
Might do a bulk download one day and play the ones I have missed.... Maybe one day

17 minutes ago, AuzzieWingman said:

I hate seeing good people feed themselves with lies.

I hate people that tell lies ?

3 hours ago, CjShai said:

Fe

Impulse purchased last night and it is very weird. Nothing is explained and I think it is probably best described as a walking sim / platformer. It is really beautiful especially if you like the art style of games like Pyre and to some degree Firewatch. The music is very good. If you do jump in expect the first hour to be pretty abstract. It will be interesting to see where it goes.

I'll check it out tomorrow! ? It intrigued me when it came to the new trophy lists 

Edited by Ethan
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, CjShai said:

There is a glitch that makes it very easy. The only really tough trophy is the score attack which is pretty BS. If can do that then 2 very easy plats (NA+HK stack)

LOL I didn't realise that glitch was a thing. IIRC scoring is all about those medals & having a nice big chain, it's pretty do-able. In any case next m2 shot triggers game I'll probably pick up the JPN version of Ghost Blade for a triple stack & I'm gonna be on those bloody tanks immediately this time aiming for a sub 3-hour platinum. I'm sure I'll make a stupid mistake to ensure that goal remains unfulfilled.  

15 hours ago, TheWayne-o said:

I'd prefer them messaged to me so I can do the big revel thing like I did last year but a few have already posted them.

Oops I did this. My apologies :/

I quite like reading peoples game reviews/retrospectives so I'm happy to contribute. I haven't been playing a lot of games lately but I've earned a fair few trophies... Anyway I low-key enjoyed Energy Balance especially the square levels, kind of a nice chill soundtrack & some may derive amusement from the sub forum thread that has a bunch of people taking more time to try to get a cheat program working than it would take them to solve the levels themselves. I had to do it over a few days though because at certain points in the night I became way to loose to be effective.

Best game I've played this month would have to be The Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human. The atmosphere is off the charts with really nice 2D graphics and a beautiful soundtrack. The submarine controls really well & as a pleasant surprise has no inertia. Someone wanted to make a good game as well as a good experience. A few of the bosses are a bit like a 2D shooter so this was a pretty essential purchase for me. I'm not sure if a few of the trophies are glitched or not but it wouldn't be trivial to perform those tasks in order to find out so I'm periodically checking in on the psn rarity to see if it's changed from 0.00% before dedicating the time it would take to get good enough to do those last few trophies.

Currently working on Rime which is very nice. I've previously gone through most if not all of what influenced the game so it doesn't feel like anything too different. In saying that more of this sort of thing is nothing to complain about! It's nice to get a PS+ game that's recent, something interesting & fits on my HDD. 

Oh, the Japanese version of Dying Reborn was great. 'Shirley' becomes 'Shelly', 'Matthew' becomes 'Matchew' & a corpse becomes a mannequin. Very amusing indeed.

OH, almost forgot, what is that Vita version of 36 Fragments!? That's got to be one of the worst Vita ports I've ever seen. On such a basic-bitch game too. It works in the context of a free platinum because who's gonna care about it being 1/10th as smooth when they just want trophies but I noticed, & I didn't appreciate it at all. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, readytofuky said:

LOL I didn't realise that glitch was a thing. IIRC scoring is all about those medals & having a nice big chain, it's pretty do-able. In any case next m2 shot triggers game I'll probably pick up the JPN version of Ghost Blade for a triple stack & I'm gonna be on those bloody tanks immediately this time aiming for a sub 3-hour platinum. I'm sure I'll make a stupid mistake to ensure that goal remains unfulfilled.  

I am not 100% percent sure on this but I have a feeling the HK stack is the same as the JP. I think the 3 stack is actually the physical copy. I know you like physical so perhaps you plan on ordering it. If you know just let me know I am amassing the next order. There seems to be a rush on these short games coming out with plat lists on the Asian physical copy lately, The Coma, Taychon Project, etc,

You have sold me on having a look at The Aquatic Adventure, have heard positive things and it sounds great.

The JP version of Dying Reborn is truly spectacular, definitely the definitive edition in the set. I love how that and Albedo both had a very aggressive voice over artist. It cracks me up everytime. The VR version is even funnier as he is basically yelling at you the whole time.

Edited by CjShai
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

I really need to pull my finger out and get some funds into my US and HK accounts.... have neglected them for too long and am missing out on some great games/stacks.... still haven't got around to a JP account either

I think you have more unplayed games than anyone I know, and that is an achievement. I can't wait till you throw the other account s into the mix.

• Like 3

On 19/02/2018 at 11:22 PM, TheWayne-o said:

This is true, I didn't want to concede defeat in the Tim Tam battle for two consecutive years...

Ha ha ha ha yeah that would almost be a CJ level of shame. So this rivalry should be pretty intense this year.

I'm hanging to see what you end up choosing for your backlog games (just have a bunch of terrible shit with rare plats lol).

Edited by Feral
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, CjShai said:

I am not 100% percent sure on this but I have a feeling the HK stack is the same as the JP. I think the 3 stack is actually the physical copy. I know you like physical so perhaps you plan on ordering it. If you know just let me know I am amassing the next order. There seems to be a rush on these short games coming out with plat lists on the Asian physical copy lately, The Coma, Taychon Project, etc,

You have sold me on having a look at The Aquatic Adventure, have heard positive things and it sounds great.

The JP version of Dying Reborn is truly spectacular, definitely the definitive edition in the set. I love how that and Albedo both had a very aggressive voice over artist. It cracks me up everytime. The VR version is even funnier as he is basically yelling at you the whole time.

What happened with Ghost Blade is I stacked the Physical version & that had a PH on it for a while but that has since changed to an AS so I reckon they're the same list & the JPN one does not consort with foreigners. I put in a play asia order over the weekend, there's some cool stuff on sale & I picked up DOA extreme ps4, Miku Diva X vita, a VN, a fighter & one of those Hori mini controllers for PS4. Express shipping wasn't too much more so I went with that & can look forward to it arriving late in the week when I'm at work and can't sign for it :)

With Aquatic Adventures this map is invaluable and this boss guide is good too (nice colourful writing style with that one). I did the bosses in a slightly different order, certainly wouldn't take on the parasite one too early & the other thing that helped is I got all possible upgrades before moving on to the next boss. Some of the encounters seem a bit tricky at first but they all made sense.

I always like checking out Japanese dubs of western games. I have the Japanese version of Uncharted 2 on ps3 (it was cheaper to import than buy locally at the time) which not only has a lovely alternate cover that looks like a cheesy old movie poster but has a Japanese dub that I selected for a second playthrough & it sounds totally bizarre and just plain wrong. I expected a gruffer voice for Drake but they made him sound like a herbivore man. I suppose what I wanted was a villainous type voice which would have been really silly but more fun IMO.

• Like 2