Crown Guide.

LordNEET

5 hours ago, dunbay said:

Any tips for measuring mini teostra, specifically in wildspire wastes? Got the elders recess measurement down but wildspire is so annoying with terrain.

If you go to northwest camp and you are quick you can catch him while he is going out of the cave. Before the exist, if I remember correctly the terrain is flat.

1 minute ago, klair88 said:

The Trophy Gods have blessed me this afternoon by bestowing a Mini Kirin through SOS so I have all the crown trophies now. Just to do 50 Arena Quests for Platinum. It’s been emotional. 

Quick there's a special arena quest that has you killing bugs takes two minutes to do that's how I got my 50 in quick time

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darpiom said:

i found what you say true to the core but couldnt find a reliable way.. soo i sticked to the old formula at elders recess and tried to slay ones looking smallest.. eventually your luck will smile, or join in sos requests.. 

ps: (off topic) right now i m at gathering hub for arena quests and this place always reminds me of ac4 black flag especially when you look above 1f917.png1f917.png

2 minutes ago, megatonante said:

If you go to northwest camp and you are quick you can catch him while he is going out of the cave. Before the exist, if I remember correctly the terrain is flat.

As they say here, complain and you shall be rewarded, got him in a SOS. I honestly feel like if you wanna grind out certain crowns, seriously just SOS them. As for me, i have large kirin left and large black diablos, but i'll wait patiently til the end of the month for that event for that. True grind of a game, easily one of the best dedicated time sink i ever put into.

53 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Which weapon did you use? I think I'll do that. Arena is also that last trophy I need.

I used the insect glaive but the Best way is to use the bolt gun on the side of the arena it kills them really quick. So kill 10 of them then flash the puki then use the gun again repeat easy as that

• Like 1

So i finally came across a mini Kirin through a SOS (or so I suspect based on measurement videos on the net) but unfortunately i didn't get it. One member of my team died every time the Kirin looked at him. It wasn't even a tempered Kirin. The guy was HR14 so i can't really blame him either since he probably never fought a Kirin before. I haven't come across another SOS yet. Oh well...

At least i got my large Azure Rathalos. Just need a large Diablos (got two silvers today!) and a mini Kirin and I'm done.

6 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

So i finally came across a mini Kirin through a SOS (or so I suspect based on measurement videos on the net) but unfortunately i didn't get it. One member of my team died every time the Kirin looked at him. It wasn't even a tempered Kirin. The guy was HR14 so i can't really blame him either since he probably never fought a Kirin before. I haven't come across another SOS yet. Oh well...

At least i got my large Azure Rathalos. Just need a large Diablos (got two silvers today!) and a mini Kirin and I'm done.

I had that same issue as you where I couldn't get Kirin investigations but then I played the 8 star optional quest called 'Lightning Strikes Twice' and after beating that I started getting Kirin investigations one after another. It's like the game was telling me to complete all my optional quests, give that a try mate.

Ironically enough my very next Kirin run was the big crown I needed so now I have like 6 Kirin investigations while I don't need them anymore lol. Oh well, only big Nergi left for me. He's hard to measure so I'm killing all of them for good measure.

• Like 1

Been taking a gander at this thread, and have seen people get what they need after they shared their complaints, so I reckon I should do the same. Currently, I'm clocked at 390 hours, and am in need of 6 more crowns, maybe 5 now,  I saw that someone got the platinum even though they still were missing Jho's crowns, I only got a Giant gold crown for Jho. Current monsters I've got my focus locked on is Uragaan, need his Giant gold crown, and... the piece of garbage just won't drop it. I thought it wouldn't be so bad, cause you can get to him immediately on Elder's Recess, rather than having to wait for a monster like Rathian to pop up, which you can only make happen by killing one monster before she finally decides to come onto the map. I guess 4 or 5 monsters cannot be on the same map all at once, only 3 can, only once you rid of one, another will come in into the map. 
 Anyways, I can get to Uragaan immediately, and even if he digs himself into the ground, I know where he'll come out of, and I can jump on him. If he's not a giant, even though I honestly can't tell what's the appropriate size he has to be at for him to drop his giant gold crown, I'll just abandon the quest and go back to camp. Or, if I do decide to kill/capture him as I am to believe that he'll drop a crown, I just leave the quest and return to HQ, so that I can get what he has, rather than having to slay all other monsters to fully complete the quest. So I've been doing that, the process can be pretty quick. Have done it over 30 times now, and Uragaan has yet to drop a crown... Been tryna do the event via other people's quests, but no luck over there neither. This is killing me, I have better luck encountering a giant Lavasioth than I do when it comes to spotting a giant Uragaan, it seems. Frustrating, but I'm still going at it. First time something in the game has gotten tiring for me, and I've nearly clocked in 400 hours in-game. Hope this thread comes and does me a gracious favor lol 

3 hours ago, Robinworldwide said:

I had that same issue as you where I couldn't get Kirin investigations but then I played the 8 star optional quest called 'Lightning Strikes Twice' and after beating that I started getting Kirin investigations one after another. It's like the game was telling me to complete all my optional quests, give that a try mate.

Ironically enough my very next Kirin run was the big crown I needed so now I have like 6 Kirin investigations while I don't need them anymore lol. Oh well, only big Nergi left for me. He's hard to measure so I'm killing all of them for good measure.

Use this method to measure Nergigante. Much better then measuring by the size of it's leg, etc.

Spoiler

Edited by BloodyRutz
grammar

Finally got my platinum with 308 hours in. Was worried capturing those secret creatures would be harder than the crown grind.

I get that it's all just rng but I had MUCH better luck with regular investigations than tempered. I went through an excessive amount of tempered kushalas then got his crown from the very first non-tempered SOS. Similar experience with teostra, too. The only crown I can definitely confirm getting from a tempered investigation was kirin's large crown. Now I can get back to mh4u. Anyway, good luck to the rest of you!

Edited by dejiff

It's over....finally over...got my kirin large crown after 13 hours farming him, my last large gold crown is from black diablos and i will get my plat from the event coming on the 20th. I wish everyone good luck and don't give up. It's worth the dedication and tiresome grind for this plat.  Much love!

• Like 1

Did they patch the "manually change monster size" exploit where you check the size, abandon to camp, craft some stuff to raise it's size and pick the quest again?  I tried it over 10 investigations now and it seemed like it worked at first but now it's being weird and not changing sizes at all.  

I finished my arena's and literally JUST NEED LARGE KIRIN PLZ KIRIN BE LARGE I NEED YOU NOW MORE THAN EVER :'('''''''

PS.  I can't believe I didn't know about the killing bugs arena quest.  I was doing 3.5 minute kulu with CB

EDIT:  I got it boys.  Best of luck to all of y'all.  I can barely breathe right now holy crap.  I hate you giant kirin

Edited by RauCHeN-ToKEN

On 11/04/2018 at 0:00 AM, klair88 said:

The Trophy Gods have blessed me this afternoon by bestowing a Mini Kirin through SOS so I have all the crown trophies now. Just to do 50 Arena Quests for Platinum. It’s been emotional. 

i know that feeling man,

my last mini crown is from SOS and its HR50 quest with 1 cart only.

Best day ever

I still have 20 or so crowns to go, but I've committed Great Jagracide recently without getting that elusive large crown.  Please forum gods do your thing.  The return of the events has been massive and has just drip fed enough crowns to me to keep things interesting.

• Like 1

I don't know if it has been posted before, but you can just kill one or two monsters from the event quests and select "Return from Quest" and the crown will count even if you didn't finish the quest for killing all the monsters on the map. So lets say that I need just the Giant Jaggras, I can just start the quest, kill him first and then return and see if I got it, this can reduce the time for farming the only downside is that you don't get any money or rewards from monsters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Willstown said:

I still have 20 or so crowns to go, but I've committed Great Jagracide recently without getting that elusive large crown.  Please forum gods do your thing.  The return of the events has been massive and has just drip fed enough crowns to me to keep things interesting.

I hope you get it soon. Good luck!

2 hours ago, Nirvanadragon said:

I don't know if it has been posted before, but you can just kill one or two monsters from the event quests and select "Return from Quest" and the crown will count even if you didn't finish the quest for killing all the monsters on the map. So lets say that I need just the Giant Jaggras, I can just start the quest, kill him first and then return and see if I got it, this can reduce the time for farming the only downside is that you don't get any money or rewards from monsters.

Yes, RETURN FROM QUEST is the right one. You'll still get your crown.

Edited by Edunstar84